Dorne

Padraig O'Sullivan

On 5/2/2016 at 6:43 PM, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

I wasn´t fine with Doran´s death, I think book Doran is very intriguing and personally for me one of the most anticipated plots in the books. So much workup and mistery to then have him die this pathetic death, if this happens in the books I would be beyond disappointed, but I´m sure it won´t.

Anyway, letting Tristan die is even worse because it´s completely pointless. Having a young Martell as figurehead is about the best the sandsnakes could hope for. We don´t get much of a view on Trystanes inner makeup but considering his age it should be expected that he can be manipulated. Having sandsnakes kill their own blood relative mercilessly for no reason at all is just ridiculous.

My timeline has doran dying before half way in winds of winter. He's an okay character, but his slow and methodological way of doing things was dumb. Anybody who knew of Stannis, knew the type of man he was, it would have given Doran justice against the Lannisters.

1 hour ago, Ser Greggor the Baked said:

Dorn can serve as a distraction for the Lannisters (what is left of them). 

While they are busy dealing with each other, here comes Danny and the white walkers and all the actual things that matter. 

There could be a bit of a final theme of, all the politics and religion arguing are actually meaningless when dragons and zombies show up. 

Lord of the rings 2.0, the Jim Belushi of fantasy

10 hours ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

My timeline has doran dying before half way in winds of winter. He's an okay character, but his slow and methodological way of doing things was dumb. Anybody who knew of Stannis, knew the type of man he was, it would have given Doran justice against the Lannisters.

I believe Doran has a masterplan that goes way beyond vengeance and justice. Something that required 17 years of slow, methodological planning. We will not be able to fully appreciate him until we see his plans unfold. I even believe he will win the game in one way or another, not necessarily in person, but with dornish law ruling westeros. Or I hope so. ^_^

3 hours ago, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

I believe Doran has a masterplan that goes way beyond vengeance and justice. Something that required 17 years of slow, methodological planning. We will not be able to fully appreciate him until we see his plans unfold. I even believe he will win the game in one way or another, not necessarily in person, but with dornish law ruling westeros. Or I hope so. ^_^

Everything points to a rehash with Jon as King. I know a lot of people want it, but it still feels like the worst thing of all time.

Archived