Bold prediction: Nymeria and pack will tear the Freys to shreds.

7 hours ago, ARYa_Nym said:

The spoilers I read about Arya's arc this season are looking to be more and more accurate. So:

Hide contents

I don't know if they kill Freys but Ayra will after she hitches a ride to the Riverlands in the next episode and she and Nymeria + a huge pack are together at the end of her arc. 

Oh my!!! This would be awesome! 

Spoiler

So there's a chance that wolf dream Arya had was indeed Nymeria and her pack attacking the Lannisters.

The Winds prologue theory I mean. Got it from reddit

Spoiler

When the Blackfish escapes Riverrun, Jaime sends two parties after him, along the north and south shore of the Red Fork. Shortly thereafter the north shore party reports back that they were attacked by wolves, clearly Nymeria.

The next day Ser Dermot of the Rainwood returned to the castle, empty-handed. When asked what he'd found, he answered, "Wolves. Hundreds of the bloody beggars." He'd lost two sentries to them. The wolves had come out of the dark to savage them. "Armed men in mail and boiled leather, and yet the beasts had no fear of them. Before he died, Jate said the pack was led by a she-wolf of monstrous size. A direwolf, to hear him tell it. The wolves got in amongst our horse lines too. The bloody bastards killed my favorite bay."

Several things of interest here. The first being is the attack happened at night.

She was the night wolf.

But only when she dreamed.

Secondly, this is concurrent when Arya is blind at the HoBaW. The night after Jaime learns of this wolf attack it begins to snow at Riverrun.

The flakes fell silently, a few drifting in the window to melt upon his face. Jaime could see his own breath.

Snow in the riverlands.

"Better. And what else do you know?"

It is snowing in the riverlands, in Westeros, she almost said. But he would have asked her how she knew that, and she did not think that he would like her answer.

Lastly, we see Arya's warging abilities increase dramatically when she wargs into the cat.

"And how could a blind girl know that?"

I saw you. "I gave you three. I don't need to give you four." Maybe on the morrow she would tell him about the cat that had followed her home last night from Pynto's, the cat that was hiding in the rafters, looking down on them. Or maybe not. If he could have secrets, so could she.

What do I take away from this? Arya was blinded to enhance her senses and it worked better than anyone could have predicted. Her warging ability has obviously increased, but with that I'd like to believe her bond, her connection to Nymeria has also become stronger.

The direwolves are described on multiple occasions as being able to distinguish friend from foe. I'd like to believe that was the case here with the Blackfish. As Arya became more aware of her own senses, she also became more attuned to the senses of her wolf. If she had not intervened, the Blackfish quite possibly could have been captured. After all, this wouldn't be the first time this wolf has pulled a fish out of the river.

One reason I like this idea is because if she had not been blinded, she wouldn't have been in sync with her wolf quite as well and she would have continued attacking indiscriminately.

But the main reason I like it is because when Riverrun crosses Arya's mind, she just thinks about how she doesn't even know her great-uncle and he doesn't know her.

"My lady," he said with weary courtesy, "would you know your grandfather's brother by sight? Ser Brynden Tully, called the Blackfish? Would he know you, perchance?"

Arya shook her head miserably. She had heard her mother speak of Ser Brynden Blackfish, but if she had ever met him herself it had been when she was too little to remember.

"Maybe the Blackfish wants to buy himself a she-wolf."

"He doesn't know me. He won't even know I'm really me."

tl;dr: Arya saved the Blackfish and she was unknowingly aided by the Kindly Man.

I'm not sure if it's a spoiler or not but better be safe than sorry :)

4 hours ago, Optimist said:

I guess the show writers are keeping it clean - Arya isn't warging - only Jon and Bran are - they kinda missed a trick that Cat isn't warging into cats and not really knowing why, or having dreams about being a pack leader (Nym), running riot in the Riverlands.

When has Jon warged? They've only had Bran warging so far that I know of.

8 hours ago, Ludo Kressh said:

When has Jon warged? They've only had Bran warging so far that I know of.

Yeah, I was thinking of the books again :D Sorry.  I filled in gaps.  Since he saw people like Oren warging, I just kinda assumed show Jon with his tight bond with Ghost was uninitiated but unconsciously doing it too.

Archived