Somerhing is bothering me *Spoilers*

Ydra Stark

So i'm done reading aDwD, and i'm reading trough some theories on the forum about the ending of ASOIAF. 

Being said this is al based on fan-theories. Im still thinking about the 'Tought to be Ending' and somerhing bothers me. 

ASOIAF is a series set in a medievel time full of politics. We have gone trough so many betrayels and moves from multiple houses. 

But with the Others and all.. will the series end in a 'walking dead' type setting, with the Others flooding Westeros and everyone joining forces to defeat them ? I really hope not.. Then all of the moves and politics would be for nothing. 

What are your toughts on the ending ? 

PS:

I really love the series, and GRRM is a master in writing so it will all play out in the end, and we will love it ! This is just a reaction to all the theories ! 

Not everyone agrees with what you call the "Thought to be Ending" , including the Heretics, Preston Jacobs and myself.

If you have read other GRRM works, you should be used to his bittersweet, morally grey endings. A very good example of this is "The Armageddon Rag", where the reader is deceitfully led to believe that a great battle good vs evil will happen until the very last scene.

I do think we'll have some of that; WW's pouring down and houses banding together.  But, I think we'll have plenty of continued betrayals.  I think we will have characters that we love in massive conflict with each other.  I think we will have some very bitter sacrifices that will have to be made.

I trust in GRRM's writing and that it won't end like a Boy Scout expedition. 

Archived