Random Theory But I Am Calling It Right Now

I am fairly certain that the Dry Deep in Essos should definitely have something to do with the fiery incident at Hardhome (in Westeros).

http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/World_Of_Ice_And_Fire-1024x682.jpg

I was suspicious about the Dry Deep for a while now, but I just became certain while responding to another thread

Why am I so certain? Because the 5 Forts are almost completely (though in an opposite fashion) analogous to the Walls in many ways. They are mega structures of military purposes with the differences being that the main structure of the Wall is continuous while the main structures 5 forts are separate from each other.  The axis that they were built along (East-West; North-South) ultimately ended in oceans. However, the Western side of the Wall ended in cliffs and mountains (The Gorge; Frostfangs) and the Eastern side hit a large body of water (Shivering Sea); on the other hand, the North-Western side of the 5 Forts ended in a body of water (Bleeding Sea) while the South-Eastern side ended in Mountains (from Asshai).

http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/5167003e-a17b-4318-8b52-a2ab33dde4cd/b109f184-0a3c-4607-9ed3-d2d30435c54a.jpg

The Dry Deep in the Eastern lands of fire has to end up somewhere and where else but Hardhome which was destroyed by fires that seem to come out of the tunnels. Don't be surprised that fires can end up in the Lands of Always Winter - afterall, coldness still ends up in the lands of fire, ash, and shadow (Grey Waste).

I'm not sure what the deeper mystery is, but I think a definite connection has been established at last.

Glad you enjoyed it. Here is a few more evidence:  the well-known descriptions of Hardhome by the Wildlings:

'a landscape of charred trees and burned bones, waters choked with swollen corpses and blood-chilling shrieks echoing from the cave mouths that pock the great cliff that looms above the settlement, a cliff where no living man or woman could be found'

You guys should guess correctly the name of the town next to the Dry Deep: Bonetown.

It is also interesting that the word 'shrieks' is used to describe the echoes in Hardhome; the land directly beyond the wall is called the 'Land of Shrykes'.

Of course, most people are already aware that the 5 Forts are probably 'related' to the Wall (time of building; purposes; etc.), but probably not that uncannily symmetrical in their similarity and oppositions.

Archived