Casting the Movie Continued Continued Continued

Ser Bruce the Hound KG

Well put is this way JRM is older than Jensen Ackles. Should Theon be older than Jamie? Hell no! And don't tell me that JRM looks younger than Jensen because he does not.

JRM looks like an an adult, not a 'callow youth' which how Tyrion describes him.

And Theon is not clever or evil. He is a vain, selfish, shallow and stupid.

On Asha, I actually lean more towards Kate Moennig just 'cause I have a total girlcrush on her!

Really? I have a total girlcrush on Lizzy. :D

He doesn't look it at all and since the two never appear together, that's not a problem.

Theon is also quite ruthless and evil. JRM can also pull off callow youth. Zegers looks older than Theon anyhows and I don't really buy 'callow youth' from someone with those muscles. And e looks nothing like Theon, or related to most of the other Greyjoys. Jensen is also younger than Tricia by eight years, Kate Winslet is near in age to Jack davenport and we love them as choices.

He doesn't look it at all and since the two never appear together, that's not a problem.

Theon is also quite ruthless and evil. JRM can also pull off callow youth. Zegers looks older than Theon anyhows and I don't really buy 'callow youth' from someone with those muscles. And e looks nothing like Theon, or related to most of the other Greyjoys. Jensen is also younger than Tricia by eight years, Kate Winslet is near in age to Jack davenport and we love them as choices.

What has 'callow' got to do with muscles?

There is only 4 years between Jensen and Tricia.

And how does Kevin not look like Theon? Theon is described as dark, lean youth. Sounds like Kevin to me. JRM isn't so much lean, as thin, and he is not a youth.

JRM looks calculating but that doesn't necessarily equates to cleverness. He looks arrogant, but Theon is arrogant. I think Zegers looks too cute to be Theon.We should really be concerned with the looks of the actors. If we cast hot/sexy/handsome/input-similar-adjective-here actors for the roles it won't look realistic. Theon, IIRC, is not described as good-looking. JRM fits the description as well as Zegers but as a plus can put off the ruthless Ironborn-look. And he's a more experienced actor.

Lightsnake - What muscles?! Are we even talking about the same person? This is a recent picture of Kevin Zegers. pic Do you really think he has the body of a blacksmith?

Yrael - I don't think we should cast Zegers because he is hot/sexy/handsome. Actually I find JRM much more attractive, but I think he looks too old to play 19.

Yrael - I don't think we should cast Zegers because he is hot/sexy/handsome. Actually I find JRM much more attractive, but I think he looks too old to play 19.

Don't forget that Westeros' 19 is not ours. A nineteen-year old in the series is an adult.

Don't forget that Westeros' 19 is not ours. A nineteen-year old in the series is an adult.

No, Theon is described as a youth. Tyrion thinks of him as a 'callow youth', he's a youth!

And I think the idea of casting an actor older, than the actor we have cast as Jamie, slighty ridiculous.

Theon should look a little older than the actors cast as Jon and Robb, not 10 years older, and not the same age as Jaime.

No, Theon is described as a youth. Tyrion thinks of him as a 'callow youth', he's a youth!

And I think the idea of casting an actor older, than the actor we have cast as Jamie, slighty ridiculous.

Theon should look a little older than the actors cast as Jon and Robb, not 10 years older, and not the same age as Jaime.

Real age doesn't matter. It's what they'll look like that counts.

This whole '19 is older in Westeros than it is in our world' thing strikes me as a bit ridiculous. 19 is more mature in Westeros but phyisically it is the same. 50 year olds in Westeros look the same as 50 year olds in the real world, even they though are considered old whereas here they're middle aged.

Real age doesn't matter. It's what they'll look like that counts.

Yes, it is. But the point is that JRM looks ten years older than Jon and Robb and the same age as Jaime (who, by the way, he does meet at the beginning, in Winterfell, and who he may yet meet again - the series isn't over yet!). Basically, he looks his age.

Lightsnake - Tysha and I think that JRM looks he's age, which is 29, 10 years older than Theon.

And you haven't offered any valid reasons why Zegers can't be Theon.

Theon is described as lean, dark, youth. Zegers is young, 7 years younger than JRM and still playing teenagers. Zegers has dark hair. And Zegers does not have the body of a 'veteran warrior or a blacksmith', the word I would use to describe Zegers body type is 'lean'. Sounds like a winner to me.

Great, ten years, which is a fully acceptable range.

And huh! Zegers looks NOTHING like Theon, did you miss that point? Zegers is too muscular, his facial structure is wrong and he's a total pretty boy who looks nothing like the other Ironborn and can't act as well.

Points made.

I'm sorry, but I also just don't think that Zegers looks like Theon. And as for the "JRM is currently older than the person who's playing Jaime" thread of defense, I kind of never saw Jensen Ackles as a Jaime Lannister, just based on my mental picture. You can tell me he's a perfect actor all you want, but I really just do not think "HOLY SHIT THAT PERSONIFIES JAIME!" when I look at Jensen Ackles. Jaime should be like 35 anyway, we should AGE him if anything.

Edit: Oh but I'm not trying to say that we need to keep JRM as Theon. If you guys think he looks way too old to be playing 19, we just need to find a different replacement instead of Zegers.

Also. can we pleeeeeease please please change Ashara Dayne, I get angry every time I look over the casting site and see her as Jim Caviezel's hispanic sister.

Great, ten years, which is a fully acceptable range.

And huh! Zegers looks NOTHING like Theon, did you miss that point? Zegers is too muscular, his facial structure is wrong and he's a total pretty boy who looks nothing like the other Ironborn and can't act as well.

Points made.

How is Zeger's too muscular? He's toned yes, but too muscular to be Theon? Zegers has more muscle than JRM but then so does Kate Moss.

Zegers has the wrong facial structure? What should Theon's face look like? I wasn't aware that we had a decription of his facial structure.

As for Zeger's being too pretty? Compared to JRM? Surely you jest? JRM has made a career of being 'oh so pretty'. He's currently the face of Hugo Boss. Haven't you seen the adverts of him mincing around looking beautiful.

I think Zegers is a better actor than JRM who often acts like a total ham.

Finally, I think Zegers would make a great Theon because he looks like the kind of little shit that I want to slap. JRM looks dangerous and stunning, like the kind of guy girls go for even when they know they shouldn't. JRM looks like the kind of guy that Theon wishes he was, when really he is only a Kevin Zegers.

And 10 years too old is not acceptable.

Archived