Game 67

House Targaryen

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Appleton, Brune, Dondarrion, Drumm, Fenn, Hoare, Kenning, Liddle, Myre, Royce, Stonetree, Tarth, Webber.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Hoare ( Drumm, Brune)

1 vote for Brune ( Myre)

1 vote for Drumm ( Dondarrion)

1 vote for Kenning ( Webber)

1 vote for Myre ( Hoare)

7 players have not voted: Appleton, Fenn, Kenning, Liddle, Royce, Stonetree, Tarth.

Day 1's suck.

Therefore we should just speedlynch Hoare and get to Day 2.

Who's with me?

Lynch, maybe, but not speedlynch.

A true speedlynch would glean little information, especially as we have no CF.

That would be a waste of a day, and would probably make the nightkill less informative too (fewer links between players).

Voting appears to be based on his avatar, which is little better than rolling a dice (and we all know where that leads). I want to hear people give reasons for votes based on posting, otherwise nobody's sticking their necks out. And we need more necks sticking out, that's the other thing. It's no good narrowing the focus on one player: it gives cover to the FM so they don't have to manufacture suspicions of anyone else.

The focus on/off Hoare is odd though.

Drumm put the first vote on:

House Hoare so I don't have to see his garishly eclectic avatar anymore.

but Brune gave almost the same reason:

Brune finds the avatar of Hoare to be strongly offensive.

Brune - did you see Drumm's post? Did you mean to put a second vote on Hoare?

Drumm noticed:

Hey, that's my joke! :tantrum:

You call that a joke? :|

Immediately after Brune's vote, Myre votes for him:

Voting for you because of how you speak would be discriminatory.

Therefore, I'm going to vote you because, er, I don't like the socks you are wearing.

Good day, good sir! You shall be the first of my ten nooses to be filled.

Brune

However a little later (before Brune has posted again) Myre decides to copy Brune and vote Hoare, inviting a speedlynch.

So Myre, your behavior is odd. Care to explain it?

Why did you vote Brune?

Then what made you change your mind and vote Hoare so soon after?

Why Hoare?

There were three people with one vote on them. I wanted to choose one of them. There was nothing special about Hoare, except that I suspected that Kenning was not online and I wanted to vote for someone who was online. Things would move faster that way.

OK, while we're waiting, let's have a little look at our current five entries for the Posted Once And Disappeared (POAD) category in this Grand Mafia Day One competition.

Today we shall be awarding prizes for the Most Suspicious POAD, who then goes forward into the exclusive LM category of ultimate winners (LM= "lynch me").

The first entry is this gem by Royce:

Appleton? Fenn? Liddle? Whom I am between?

Dying.

This one is so obscure it sounds like a riddle invented by a symp who has accidentally overdosed on opium-laced parsnip soup.

I like your avatar, the red background is agreeably noticeable, but Webber's alien costume one is indeed better. I like Brune's too which is like a boy scout badge. Royce's and Hoare's suck, sorry :(

I'm House Tarth, so I'm a House-hold (haha) name rather than an obscure barely mentioned backwater lordling like the rest of you :P

This one sounds like Tarth is so down on his luck he has had to take up a second career as a jovial real-estate agent, which has affected his speech so he sounds like an earl reading a schoolboy's homework assignment. He is terribly amused (at himself).

What in the name of the Seven is a light-bulb? Drumm seems to have secret knowledge... :pirate:

Dondarrion jumps on the anachronism bandwagon to put some kind of a a vote on. Having discharged this duty he seems to think he has Done His Bit for mafia, as he has said nothing since. Sorry to break it to you Dondarrion, but that is a totally meaningless vote which tells us nothing of you or of Drumm. Must try harder.

House Stonetree, checking in.

And speedlynches, really, Myre? The day is long, there is plenty of time before we need to start worrying about that.

Stonetree, living up to his hippy name, is all "weeeell, where's the hurry, let's jusht have another drink and smoke another bong, yeah baby."

A long day is only fruitful if it is not a silent one, Stonetree. Stonetree? *shakes* Yawch! Stone pears are hard!

:sleep:

Wake me up when the game starts.

And here's another who's too deep in the booze. Or is he just pretending to sleep? Lazy bastard. Dismissive and confident enough to leave the work to others, Appleton is behaving just like an aristocrat, but not at all like a good mafia player.

So who will win the POAD award, which is Most Suspicious?

There were three people with one vote on them. I wanted to choose one of them. There was nothing special about Hoare, except that I suspected that Kenning was not online and I wanted to vote for someone who was online. Things would move faster that way.

Just after I vanished. Sorry, there was a football match on.

Not quite sure what sort of reaction you were expecting from a 2nd avatar-based vote, though. :unsure:

I was thinking we were just starting to get going with some serious discussion, then this? What was the point?

House Webber

To give those players some attention.

Players shouldn't be allowed to get away with posting only once (especially if those posts may be deliberately not rocking the boat).

Do you think their posts exonerate these players?

Nothing in that POAD post was serious. Webber, if you were making a serious point, then creating a big joke-post just as discussion was getting going was a terrible way of making it.

And Drumm, I realise that Webber is one of the few people to say anything serious. I don't see why that's relevant.

And why did you choose Hoare over Myre, the other choice?

Not quite sure what sort of reaction you were expecting from a 2nd avatar-based vote, though. :unsure:

Quite.

Well, it's a pity Hoare was apparently at a football match all this time and only returned after somebody else (me) looked like I am wrong-footing Brune. Now we won't know if Hoare was at a loss for how to reply, or was waiting to be rescued from the pile-up, or only just returned. Nevertheless Hoare, you're the default lynch for lazy or impatient players today, so the pressure is on you to show you're worth more than a :leer: .

House Stonetree, checking in.

And speedlynches, really, Myre? The day is long, there is plenty of time before we need to start worrying about that.

Is this a serious post?

It looks like one. None of the markings of a parody.

Taking things so seriously and reacting so abruptly on page 2 is pretty damn odd.

I'm watching you, Friend Stonetree.

ps. If you want an example of a proper parody post to respond to mine with;

Lynch, maybe, but not speedlynch.

A true speedlynch would glean little information, especially as we have no CF.

That would be a waste of a day, and would probably make the nightkill less informative too (fewer links between players).

Voting appears to be based on his avatar, which is little better than rolling a dice (and we all know where that leads). I want to hear people give reasons for votes based on posting, otherwise nobody's sticking their necks out. And we need more necks sticking out, that's the other thing. It's no good narrowing the focus on one player: it gives cover to the FM so they don't have to manufacture suspicions of anyone else.

The focus on/off Hoare is odd though.

Drumm put the first vote on:

but Brune gave almost the same reason:

Brune - did you see Drumm's post? Did you mean to put a second vote on Hoare?

Drumm noticed:

You call that a joke? :|

Immediately after Brune's vote, Myre votes for him:

Voting for you because of how you speak would be discriminatory.

Therefore, I'm going to vote you because, er, I don't like the socks you are wearing.

Good day, good sir! You shall be the first of my ten nooses to be filled.

Brune

However a little later (before Brune has posted again) Myre decides to copy Brune and vote Hoare, inviting a speedlynch.

So Myre, your behavior is odd. Care to explain it?

Why did you vote Brune?

Then what made you change your mind and vote Hoare so soon after?

See. Beautifully executed. It looks like a genuine serious post from late day 1, or even day 2/3. Lots of quotes, questions, probing a few people, then finally pressuring someone who did something odd, looking for reasons.

Webber, your skills in parody are matched only by the awesomeness of your avatar.

edit: missed the latest few posts. Holy shit. Hold the horse on webber being a parody master. He may just be as bad (or worse) than Friend Stonetree!

edit2: Okay, read Webber's posts properly, and it seems the parody weaver role does belong to him. Anyone taking him seriously right now is pretty... Nah. I won't be offensive. :)

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Appleton, Brune, Dondarrion, Drumm, Fenn, Hoare, Kenning, Liddle, Myre, Royce, Stonetree, Tarth, Webber.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Hoare ( Drumm, Brune, Myre)

2 votes for Webber ( Hoare, Dondarrion)

1 vote for Kenning ( Webber)

1 vote for Myre ( Stonetree)

6 players have not voted: Appleton, Fenn, Kenning, Liddle, Royce, Tarth.

Archived