Game 67

House Targaryen

Oh...FFS!

Here I was all happy that we'd found a replacement for Liddle. Then I noticed now that Kenning's modkill deadline just passed by four minutes. :rolleyes:

Anyone else want to step in? Pretty please?

I'd like to see one fuckin' game without a modkill. :mad:

Being drunk explains why the part of your mind that should be vetoing middle-of-the-road posts is not working, but it doesn't explain why you would instinctively be middle-of-road in the first place. And I understand that Webber did seem relatively suspicious to you, but given how early it is in the game I don't really agree with a vote unless you actually find someone suspicious in absolute terms, however mildly. So I don't like these posts.

See the underlined part of your post? Well, in my opinion, the votes early in the game don't have to have a strong background. And why the hell should I hold my vote? It put Webber under pressure (brought him to 4 out of 7), without any drawbacks-it wasn't like we would speedlynch him 20 hours before the deadline.

Exactly what I mentioned earlier: I don't want to lead us down the wrong path by mistake this early. Screw-ups go hand in hand, but if my lines of reasoning puts us at each other's throats instead of pointing us towards the FM, that's not a burden I want to carry. On Day 1, anyways. As the game wears on, theories become much more concrete, so I have no qualms about running with something I have conviction in at that point.

Look, someone has to push the game forward. If you're not willing to do it, you have no right to complain if there are those who will. Plus, your line of reasoning seems scummy...like you don't want to get blamed for anything later on. Wouldn't it be better for an innocent to try and persuade the crowd into voting his suspects, albeit the suspicion may not be so strong?

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Appleton, Brune, Dondarrion, Drumm, Fenn, Hoare, Kenning, Liddle, Myre, Royce, Stonetree, Tarth, Webber.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Hoare ( Drumm, Brune, Tarth)

3 votes for Myre ( Stonetree, Webber, Fenn)

3 votes for Webber ( Hoare, Dondarrion, Myre)

1 vote for Fenn ( Royce)

1 vote for Stonetree ( Appleton)

2 players have not voted: Kenning, Liddle.

Look, someone has to push the game forward. If you're not willing to do it, you have no right to complain if there are those who will. Plus, your line of reasoning seems scummy...like you don't want to get blamed for anything later on. Wouldn't it be better for an innocent to try and persuade the crowd into voting his suspects, albeit the suspicion may not be so strong?

And then if they turn out to be wrong, the ceiling comes crashing down, they get lynched, and the numbers for the townspeople drop even more. Yeah, no thanks, I'll stick to judging the field for now and staying alive.

And you're right, I'm not stepping up, but I don't think that there's really a good foothold to use for anyone to step up right now. There's really no solid line of reasoning that I've seen yet, just strong suspicions. So for anyone to take the wheel right now seems suspect. Either they're very eager roled players or they're trying to raise themselves above suspicion.

Okay, Remove Vote.

Webber is a roleless innocent. It is the only role that makes any sense at all based on his early stirrings.

I don't agree with them, that at least I was being totally honest about. And I still won't give questions on why I made certain joke votes the dignity of an explanation...

However, you all passed the test. There was a developing mob on Webber. I gave a reason for others to jump on and try to take up an easy lynch. Unfortunately everyone passed. :(

So, what have we learned today?

1) The scum aint *that* dumb.

2) Webber shouldn't be lynched today.

3) Lynching Hoare as a compromise vote because he has a decent number right now, mostly based on joke avatar votes, would be the most moronic move in Westeros history. If you want to lynch him, find me some decent reasons.

So, yeah. I'll be re-reading the serious stage posts, and will be around until close to lynch, or maybe even right up to the last minute. It's time we started deciding on a reasonable direction to go in though.

Oh, and ps.

Myre, I find it hard to reconcile this post:

It's wrong to make a case out of nothing, but it's necessary to make a mountain out of a molehill?

Yes. It is. Making a case out of nothing is wrong. It is a case based on nothing. We may as well throw a die.

Making a case out of very little, now... That's different. If your hungry, would a bowl of nothing be welcome at your table? I think not. However, a bowl with very little food would still be a welcome addition, at least until the shopping arrived.

Making a case out of very little, now... That's different. If your hungry, would a bowl of nothing be welcome at your table? I think not. However, a bowl with very little food would still be a welcome addition, at least until the shopping arrived.

I'd rather have an empty bowl than a bowl that had a little bullshit in it.

Look, someone has to push the game forward. If you're not willing to do it, you have no right to complain if there are those who will. Plus, your line of reasoning seems scummy...like you don't want to get blamed for anything later on.
So, Apple, now you are defending Webber from exactly same things you've attacked him of half a day before? Have you any reasons or do you just following popular opinions?

However, you all passed the test. There was a developing mob on Webber. I gave a reason for others to jump on and try to take up an easy lynch. Unfortunately everyone passed. :(

So, what have we learned today?

1) The scum aint *that* dumb.

2) Webber shouldn't be lynched today.

You are a smart provocateur, Myre!
3) Lynching Hoare as a compromise vote because he has a decent number right now, mostly based on joke avatar votes, would be the most moronic move in Westeros history.
Not most moronic, perhaps, but quite pathetic move.

Have you any constructive suggestions for the real lynch?

So, Apple, now you are defending Webber from exactly same things you've attacked him of half a day before? Have you any reasons or do you just following popular opinions?

Um...no, I'm not. I voted Webber mostly for his famous POAD post, and being serious about it. Fenn accused him of leading the game, while admitting that he wouldn't do it. Notice the difference?My post was attacking Fenn, not defending Webber.

Look, someone has to push the game forward. If you're not willing to do it, you have no right to complain if there are those who will.

Sure he does. If he doesn't like being shepherded around himself, then he's just be a hypocrite if he was willing to do it himself. I agree that at this stage one individual who appears to be ostentatiously attmepting to take charge, for its own sake rather than because they want to push one particular person, would be suspicious for that.

And I didn't particularly have a problem with your vote, what I didn't like is that your comment on Webber was wishy-washy - a vote 'for pressure' actually achieves nothing at all, unless it is backed up with what appears to be (genuine or not) an indication of genuine suspicion (however strong or weak, as I said before). You just said that no one is more suspicious than Webber, not that you actually find Webber suspicious.

Okay, Remove Vote.

Webber is a roleless innocent. It is the only role that makes any sense at all based on his early stirrings.

I don't agree with them, that at least I was being totally honest about. And I still won't give questions on why I made certain joke votes the dignity of an explanation...

Myre, I haven't really suspected you until now, but I don't like this post. It reads 'OMG, I had a plan, I've laid a trap, I'm so cunning and oh so innocent!' to me. If veryone passed the test, according to you, you can't accuse anyone based on your trap. So, the only point of bringing this up is trying to convince us of your innocence.

We've got over 11 hours left. There's plenty of time for "lazy players who couldn't be arsed to make a serious one" to come back. There's also plenty of time for you to attack your preferred suspects, even if nobody else is voting for them right now.

Is this "I wouldn't mind to see you gone" as in you have know idea whether i'm guilty or innocent, or as in you have reason to think me more likely to be guilty than others?

If the latter, why?

As to your first comment, I haven't that much time myself. I'll be back a couple of hours before the day ends, but until then this is a placeholder post I'm making from a friend's computer.

As to your question I just prefer you as a lynch to Myre or Webber, and you had (and still have, those lazy players are dastardly indeed :P) a couple of votes on you. Myre, your last post seems to suggest that voting Webber was some sort of "clever plan". Not that I'm fond of them, but if this is the case what to do you think of Dondarrion and Appleton's reaction?

Hoare is participating a bit more right now, so I'd rather lynch someone else, but my vote stays on him until an alternative appears that I like. If you don't like Hoare (as a lynch) and were joking about Webber who do you really suspect Myre?

To the player who was slightly molested by a couple of my posts, I apologize, I did mean to be confrontational and give some people a wake up call, but not to be an ass.

Anyway, my riend demand I return his computer. Should be back a couple of hours before the day ends.

Okay, I'm back. Give me a minute to catch up and then I will post something.

I kid, I kid. I'm not that lame.

Remove Vote because Avatar based votes don't help that much.

Out of the everyone, the one who jumps out the most to me is House Brune. He has somehow managed to avoid suspicion, but he fits the bill for the checklist of FM behaviour.

Stays under the radar? Check.

Posts without really saying much? Check

Very wishy-washy and middle of the road? CHECK IN CAPITAL LETTERS.

It is day 1.

13 players remain: Appleton, Brune, Dondarrion, Drumm, Fenn, Hoare, Kenning, Liddle, Myre, Royce, Stonetree, Tarth, Webber.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Myre ( Stonetree, Webber, Fenn)

2 votes for Hoare ( Brune, Tarth)

2 votes for Webber ( Hoare, Dondarrion)

1 vote for Brune ( Drumm)

1 vote for Fenn ( Royce)

1 vote for Stonetree ( Appleton)

3 players have not voted: Kenning, Liddle, Myre.

Sure he does. If he doesn't like being shepherded around himself, then he's just be a hypocrite if he was willing to do it himself. I agree that at this stage one individual who appears to be ostentatiously attmepting to take charge, for its own sake rather than because they want to push one particular person, would be suspicious for that.

In every game, in order for the innocents to win game has to be pushed forward by active players. I was talking about that, not about shepherding. I don't feel Webber is trying to shepherd, he is just being active and perhaps over-eager (and over-eagerness can be suspicious). I'm not suggesting Fenn should be violent, just more outspoken.

And I didn't particularly have a problem with your vote, what I didn't like is that your comment on Webber was wishy-washy - a vote 'for pressure' actually achieves nothing at all, unless it is backed up with what appears to be (genuine or not) an indication of genuine suspicion (however strong or weak, as I said before). You just said that no one is more suspicious than Webber, not that you actually find Webber suspicious.

If I don't find anyone more suspicious than Webber, I think it's obvious I suspect him. Alas, it wasn't my strongest suspicion ever, but it merited a vote.

How do you feel about Stonetree?

Archived