House Blackfyre and cadet branches

Gurkhal

Something that I really, really, hopes that the World book will take up is the history of House Blackfyre and some general summery of all of the Blackfyre Rebellions as well as what Houses supported these. A complete family three from Daemon Blackfyre down the last one would be very nice. :)

In the same vein I also hope we get some mentioning of the various cadet branches of House Targaryen that are apparently to have been exterminated during the Dance of Dragons.

I don't know if I'm alone in having an interest in this part of the House Targaryen's history, but I hope I'm not.

I don't know if I'm alone in having an interest in this part of the House Targaryen's history, but I hope I'm not.

Nost of the points you raise are indeed of interest to other posters, as evidenced in this post -

First post on this subforum.

As far as a history of "all the Blackfyre Rebellions", this is exceedingly unlikely to appear in the World book, since future Dunk and Egg stories are most likely going to involve some of the remaining Rebellions (the second BF Rebellion is the main underlying plot in The Mystery Knight).

Nost of the points you raise are indeed of interest to other posters, as evidenced in this post -

First post on this subforum.

As far as a history of "all the Blackfyre Rebellions", this is exceedingly unlikely to appear in the World book, since future Dunk and Egg stories are most likely going to involve some of the remaining Rebellions (the second BF Rebellion is the main underlying plot in The Mystery Knight).

True, most of the points have been raised before although I didn't find it with my search :(. I will argue that the Targaryen cadet branches wasn't really mentioned in the linked post.

In regards to the Blackfyre Rebellions its true that it might come that they are mentioned in further stories, but I would still be hoping for some quick summery of them and in particular a mentioning of treatment of prominent Blackfyre supporters.

Archived