Intro Movie/Music, Soundtrack Appreciation Thread

Podrick + Arya = Win

The soundtrack is, for the most part, great. Some great themes.

Check this out, the last track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSm5aZNDYq4 I think it might be even better than the main theme

I wish there was a bit more music in the show though, a bit more space for him to develop themes and let the music breathe. He's a great composer.

I agree. I downloaded the iTunes before I saw episode 10 and the Finale was so epic. It is my favorite song in the entire soundrack. I'm really happy that the Finale soundtrack matches the onscreen epicness of Dany's dragons.

I asked earlier, but got no response for what scene is Love in the Eyes? I thought it might be when Dany eats the horse's heart but it seems too earlier if the soundtrack is in chronological order.

The soundtrack is, for the most part, great. Some great themes.

Check this out, the last track http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSm5aZNDYq4 I think it might be even better than the main theme

I wish there was a bit more music in the show though, a bit more space for him to develop themes and let the music breathe. He's a great composer.

I agree. I downloaded the iTunes before I saw episode 10 and the Finale was so epic. It is my favorite song in the entire soundrack. I'm really happy that the Finale soundtrack matches the onscreen epicness of Dany's dragons.

I asked earlier, but got no response for what scene is Love in the Eyes? I thought it might be when Dany eats the horse's heart but it seems too earlier if the soundtrack is in chronological order.

My fav theme is the Stark one. The songs I've played the most are the main title, The Kingsroad, The Pointy End, Game of Thrones, Jon's Honour, Small Pack of Wolves and the last 4. The only problem I have with the soundtrack is that I wish the songs had longer play lengths. Only a few have 3 or 4 minutes. But I agree that Ramin Djawadi did an amazing job and I hope they stick with him for next season.

I think that's played during Dany's lesson with Doreah and then when she and Drogo finally, ahem, connect, if you take my meaning. ;) Hence the title "Love In The Eyes"! :D

i never grow tired of the intro, the music, the visuals, it's perfect. I listen to the soundtrack all the time, it is great, especially the intro song and the ending song. The electric guitar version of the intro is awesome.

I've listened to the soundtrack so many times since it was released on iTunes that when there is no other music playing in my house I hear the opening theme in my head. (This could also be a side effect of doing a 10-hour GoT marathon on Sunday.)

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my hands on the full soundtrack and damn it's good. Of course I knew that while watching the show, but now I can truly appreciate it as a standalone masterpiece. I listened to the whole thing, then I listened to some songs again. And again. Mindblowing! I hope we get more for season 2.

I broke down and bought the soundtrack a few days after it went up on iTunes because I realized I was spending far too much time every night replaying the opening theme over and over both for the music and the visuals. Still love it!

Archived