A "A Game of Thrones" RPG.

Firewall

It's set for release in two months, and I haven't seen a single preview in Official Xbox Magazine or on any of the gaming websites I frequent. That's not encouraging.

Hmm. How early do they usually release the reviews?

The first reviews will probably start coming out a few days prior to the game, perhaps even as early as a week - assuming the publisher actually sends out copies for review. If there aren't any reviews for the game online when it releases on May 15, I'd take that as another bad sign, because publishers typically don't send out early review copies if they don't have critical faith in a given title.

With release only two months away, you'd normally expect one of the big outlets would have been given a preview by now, unless the publisher is simply banking on the brand name to move product (which wouldn't surprise me in the least).

I find it amusing, that the 15 second commercial of risen(or something like that) kept me more interested than the actual trailer, even though it was completely not what I like.

While I am not a graphic whore(I can still enjoy dwarf fortress, without the new stuff), I think that in this specific game the graphics speak of the game. It is a small studio with not much funding, so to me the graphics or rather the detail, tells of lack of polish/resources and while one can hope that it's because they put all resources in making an amazing plot, story, background stories, charcters etc etc that just well fantasy (and I dont mean the genre)

With release only two months away, you'd normally expect one of the big outlets would have been given a preview by now [...].

And it turns out that the April 2012 issue of Official Xbox Magazine (US edition) does indeed contain a preview. Unfortunately, the article is devoted almost entirely to talking about the game's mechanics, rather than the journalist's impressions of the gameplay and presentation (I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was simply being shown a demo, rather than playing it himself, since he refers to "our demoer" at one point).

Anyways, as far as the game's story goes, apparently GRRM approved "major plot points and dialogue."

While I am not a graphic whore(I can still enjoy dwarf fortress, without the new stuff), I think that in this specific game the graphics speak of the game. It is a small studio with not much funding, so to me the graphics or rather the detail, tells of lack of polish/resources and while one can hope that it's because they put all resources in making an amazing plot, story, background stories, charcters etc etc that just well fantasy (and I dont mean the genre)

:agree: I am not too hopeful about it though. It's hard to find good RPGs :( especially from little-known studios...

The problem is that it's a closed world. For gods sake, aSoIaF game begs for an open world. But oh no, Not only cant you walk where you want when you want (despite being on the same engine as Skyrim), but you can't even choose whom you want to play.

Making such a fixed game is much easier and faster than making a big open world. Hopefully they will let us make SOME decisions at least

My guess is that the reason they decided on closed world is because of the planned browser based MMORPG also being released...

Seems likely at least.

Also that seems to be the consensus among the QAs for this game.

I imagine it will be like ES4: Oblivion if Oblivion was made by the standards of year 2000. I imagine it will be a huge disappointment. GRRM is just raking in the cash with the video games. I just want Bethesda to pick it up, but I know that will never happen.

Look 30 seconds in. The sword disappears in his chest. Even if you have something like that in the game, be smart enough to keep it out of previews and trailers. That just shows how incompetent they must be.

The broken sword is the sigil of House Sarwyck, and it's emblazoned on his surcoat.

Oh ok, great. I thought it was just more of the crap graphics. Thanks for the clarification.

Archived