Quaithe's hair? [Book Spoilers]

Roadside Rose

I don't know if the appropriate place to post this is the book or TV forum, but since it has content related to the TV show, I decided to post it under TV forums.

Quaithe is one of the most mysterious characters in the books. Her hair and eyes have never been described. All we know is that she hides her face behind a red laquer mask either because it is tradition to wear such masks in Asshai, or cause she is trying to hide her identity.

A lot of the readers believe that she would be hiding her identity. But watching the TV show gave away one clue. The color of her hair seems brunette, brown and not lighter. The reason I think this is a very vital clue is because some of the readers believe Quaithe is Shiera Seastar. But Shiera has silver-gold hair. I think we can rule out the fact that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar.

(I have noticed that GoT characters may not have the eye color as decribed in the books, but the major characters have got their hair colors right.)

Another character with a different hair color than I imagined was Rhaego - depicted in the House of Undying. Dany's son shown had dark hair like Drogo. But in one of the Undying prophecies to Dany in the books, there is a description of a man whom we all believed to be Rhaego (but now it makes me wonder if this description is not of Rhaego)...

A tall lord with copper-gold skin and silvery hair stood beneath the banner of a fiery stallion, a burning city behind him.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, and is bothered by this detail.

I hope GRRM reintroduces Quaithe one day but I dont think she is supposed to be someone known. Many mysteries surround her but Imo she's just a kind of priestess or ambassador of a religious or wizardy cult in Asshaï.

It would be fairly easy for Shiera to disguise her hair colour with sorcery or even just dye. I'm kind of skeptical about Quaithe being Shiera though as she's never been mentioned in the main series.

Archived