Will Garlan play a greater part?

TheDarkEye

I really like his character even though he saw very little of him. Do you think he can play a greater part in the next books?

Last we heard of them he was fighting the Iron Men so maybe he'll face Euron?

He is a great sword man and seems like one of the most decent men in the serie. How he treated Tyrion in a Storm of Swords and him confronting Joffery really made me like the guy,,,

Yes, it seems likely that Garlan will play a substantially more important role in the next book. There is going to be a lot more fighting in the southern regions and Garlan may end up as the primary Tyrell commander after Mace Tyrell's looming debacle and probable death and several defections from the Tyrells to Aegon's cause.

Garlan Tyrell may end up being the leading general opposing some of Aegon's commanders (probably including Randyll Tarly).

I certainly hope that he will, because he is high on the top of suspects of placing the poison in Joff's wine, and I'd much like to learn if he did it or not (I hope not).

I certainly hope that he will, because he is high on the top of suspects of placing the poison in Joff's wine, and I'd much like to learn if he did it or not (I hope not).

I thought it was pretty clear the Queen of Thorns did it. Doesn't she straighten Sansa's hair net right before Joff gets poisoned?

I thought it was pretty clear the Queen of Thorns did it. Doesn't she straighten Sansa's hair net right before Joff gets poisoned?

Yes, she took the poison from the hairnet but it has been argued that she couldn't have put it into the wine on her own - she is very tiny, not much taller than Tyrion, and he had to climb on his seat to reach the chalice. It seems that the job required someone taller. Marge could hardly do it when she came to fetch Joffrey, and when the chalice was left unattended, there was only Garlan and his wife Leonette who could have been on the scheme.

The big debate is that Olenna took the poison out of Sansa's hairnet, but got it to Garlan, who was sitting next to Tyrion. Then the question is, was it Tyrion meant to be poisoned or Joffrey?

Anyways, I think there needs to be a Good Guy Garlan meme.

i seriously doubt that garlan would poison Tyrion... he seems to admire Tyrion, i know it could just be a lie, but for me that does not make sense, its just not Garlan, he seems to be a honorable character.

The big debate is that Olenna took the poison out of Sansa's hairnet, but got it to Garlan, who was sitting next to Tyrion. Then the question is, was it Tyrion meant to be poisoned or Joffrey?

Definitely Joffrey, strangler is used dissolved in red wine and it was in the wedding chalice.

If I'm reading this correctly, it was Leonette, not Garlan, who was seated next to Tyrion (makes sense, as the usual seating order is lord-lady-lord-lady)

“If I am ever Hand again, the first thing I’ll do is hang all the singers,” said Tyrion, too loudly. Lady Leonette laughed lightly beside him, and Ser Garlan leaned over to say, “A valiant deed unsung is no less valiant.”

i think if they ment to poison tyrion, they would have

There was a thread on this that was just bumped yesterday. It went along with the debate about whether it was the wine or the pie as well.

I read an argument for Garlan trying to kill both Joffrey AND Tyrion is that Marge would be saved from Joffrey Sansa would be free to marry Willas again. Which would of course be advantageous to their family. Note how she asked before they went into the feast if Sansa would like to visit Highgarden? Not totally convinced, but is an interesting point.

Archived