JonCon and Jon Snow

Fae Boleyn

Was reading through my old posts and found this.

Technically speaking, Young Griff was. Or at least as close as can be without existing within a total Targ environment. It's true that young Griff was raised among commoners, but really only for the point of understanding them for the purposes of rule. He was explicitly raised as a Targ and believes himself to be one. It is highly likely that he would follow all known Targ family traditions if he is able.

As related to Snow, let's assume that JonCon learns of Snow's father. When he looks at Jon, would he see Ned or would he see Rhaegar? Or in the case of death and reserection, an entirely different entity altogether? And each of those is assuming Rhaegar married Lyanna. If he didn't, what would JonCon care at all for the Dragon's Bastard raised as a Wolf?

YG's upbringing is a really interesting topic, since we don't have a clear picture of where he spent all this time. It's been discussed in some threads lately, and people seem to disagree on how long he has been spending time on the poleboat, whether he spent his whole childhood with Illyrio or not, and how long JonCon has been with him. I don't think that we can be quite sure as to how long YG has been aware of his supposed father - I tend to think he might not have been told until fairly recently, since kids can sometimes say the damnest things... :)

JonCon is a man tormented by his past failure and his feelings towards Rhaegar. I guess he'd not be too eager to give up on the idea of Aegon being Rhaegar's, unless he's faced with overwhelming evidence. If this happens, I think he'd have a hard time believing if another, previously unknown son of Rhaegar's suddenly surfaces. But given that JonCon is currently turning into a garden statue, him doing something desparate is not out of the equation.

That is, will JonCon see Rhaegar-like personality traits in Jon or will he be unable to get past his Stark looks and blood? Basically, would Jon Snow be Rhaegar's son or Lyanna's, to Jon Connington?

What Rhaegar-like traits does Jon have?

Archived