My comments and rants as I read the Storm of Swords.

Throstle

I feel the need to rant and rave about the book as I read it, so I'm hoping I can just do that here. Feel welcome to comment on my comments but please don't spoil the book for me. Thanks

I'm on a Storm of Swords p.959. I have also seen all of the HBO series Game of Thrones.

Seriously the defense of the wall seems all wrong. Jon even says The Wall defends itself. All they need trouble themselves with is the gate. They could just colapse the gate somehow. or freeze the whole tunnel in ice. The Night's watch could make another one once the treat has passed. And as far as Mance's Stratagy, why not send another group of climbers over the wall 10 miles down in either direction and try to take Castle Black again from the rear, or even just carefully traverse the tops of the wall to engage the Night's Watch. Also given the height of The Wall arrows would be as easy to dodge by the Wildingling as it is for the Watch. The battle does not make a lot of sense to me.

Also Arya should have barried a dagger in Harwin's back at the end of the great horseback chase through the woods. Harwin would have deserved it. He was one of her fathers guardsman, and now he presumes to take her captive and randsom her? Arya should have barried a dagger in Harwin's back as he reached for her horses reigns and rode on.

Thanks for letting me rant :cheers:

Archived