Jon's old friends?

Maester Crypt

In ASOS 26, Jon says " he was old friends with the Ice Dragon, the Shadowcat, the Moonmaid, and the Sword of the Morning."

Which got me to thinking that maybe these represent four characters who will help Jon with upcoming battle against whatever is north of the Wall.

The Sword of the Morning would most likely be who ever becomes the holder of Dawn. Edric and Darkstar are the only two male Daynes we currently know.

Edric and Jon being "milk brothers" sort of gives an added link between the two.

The Moonmaid could be Sansa because her maidenhood certainly is a topic in the book and the forums. The moon and falcon is associated with House Arryn also.

The Shadowcat could be Arya as she was able to warg the cat when she was blind. In ACOK 51, Jon watches a shadowcat stalk a ram and thinks to himself,

"He wished he could move as sure and silent as that shadowcat, and kill as quickly." Sounds like FM training. Also in GOT 15, Sansa and Joffrey are on their

date near the Trident, " It was a day for adventure. They explored the caves by the riverbank, and tracked a shadowcat to its lair." Later in the day they come across Arya

and the butchers boy playing swords at the Trident..

The Ice Dragon could be Val. In ACOK 35, Bran asks Osha if she knows the way north, she replies, " The way's easy. Look for the Ice Dragon, and chase the blue star in the rider's eye."

Jons description of Val after she returned from the north in ADWD 53 " Val was all clad in white; white woolen breeches tucked into high boots of bleached white leather, white bearskin cloak pinned

at the shoulder with a carved weirwood face, white tunis with bone fastenings. Her breath was white as well... but her eyes were blue" Her eye colour has changed and she is basically in all white.

Most likely the colour of an ice dragon I imagine. I don't know if there is any hint of her bloodline but with Bloodraven having been up there with the NIght's Watch before he goes with the COTF.

He may have fathered children and she is a descendant, thus making the dragon connection even more relevant.

If this has been discussed on other threads, please direct me where if you can. It is hard to find specific topics easily that you wish to explore.

Archived