Brown Ben Plumm and Dany? (Tyrion sample chapter).

Carey Snow

Why isn't this pinned? I don't think we have a pinned thread for this Tyrion spoiler chapter.

I don't see why people take Dany's acceptance of Tyrion for granted. She knows nothing about Tyrion and certainly not as much as the reader does -- enough to make him sympathetic. The man's killed his father and has quite a convoluted history, if you think about it. Even if he tells her he brought BBP back to her side, BBP's loyalty, as she very well knows, does not mean anything. And that wasn't the plan he made with BBP anyway; they said they'll pretend this was BBP's ploy all along, and the irony of the last lines of the chapter proves it wasn't. I'm worried she'll be in a bit of a bloodthirsty rage after having Drogon feed on Jhaqo and that it will not wear off by the time she comes back to Meereen.

But obviously, that is the worst case scenario. I don't think Tyrion's story will end with him being dragonfodder. I know GRRM loves surprises, but there is a difference between the right kind of surprise and the wrong kind of surprise. The Red Wedding was the right kind because there was an appropriate context for the plot to murder Robb Stark -- he had alienated a lot of his bannermen, married Jeyne instead of a Frey etc. So his murder, while surprising, wasn't random. Dany feeding Tyrion to the dragons upon their first meeting does seem a bit random and would make for a bad end to one of the most popular characters. However, BBP becoming dragonfodder wouldn't be a surprise for me and neither would it be random.

Archived