White Walkers' Appearance (IYHO)

Im not sure this should go into the TV-shows' subforum, because I want to talk about the way people envisioned the White Walkers, before the TV-shows, or how your view of them is different.

I have begun reading the books after watching a few episodes into season 1 (I was very impatient, joke's on me now). For some reason I actually missed the first 15 minutes of the show, so I also missed the White Walkers and after episode 7-8ish I read the first chapter and right after I went back to those first 10 minutes (bc I was like WTF I didnt see this awesomeness!).

Long story short, I immediately felt that I didn't agree at all with the depiction of the White Walkers in the TV shows. I'm imaginitive and can draw pretty well and although in my mind it was clear, I still struggled to draw the White Walkers, so I can relate and thus forgive the way the Shows (imho) completely dropped the ball on the WW's, because it's hard to draw them, let alone catch them on film.

Sooo... How did you guys see the White Walkers in your mind's eye? Pre-Show views or how your views differs from the shows'.

Personally I see them as more elegant and their skin either non-existant or very tight around their muscles/bones and with ice-armor that very closely enveloped parts of their body. Things like hair or clothing out of cloth or wool is unnecessary for them, so they don't have any. Their features more elongated and menacing, but not menacing in an evil way (with a frowny face) but more menacing in an emotionless arrogance. Not really arrogant, because it implies thinking you're better than, which implies thinking about humans; they don't even acknowledge humans.

Whereas the Show-WW's had a strong barbaric feel to them, no armor, hair and clothes and a wrinkly-old guys' skin.

I made some drawings, but i'm not sure I'm allowed to upload them and I'd rather have the discussion go about how you guys saw them, as opposed to liking/disliking my or other's drawings.

Archived