Least enjoyable POV in each book

complexphoenix

aGot: Loved them all

aCoK: Ditto

aSoS: Ditto

aFfC: At first I hated Brienne but I have grown to like those chapters on rereads, so all good in this book

aDwD: Jon is tough for me to read and it ends on a crazy cliffhanger, but once the next book is released and I see what Martin has done with Jon, I will probably go back and love his chapters leading up to it.

AGOT: Catelyn Stark... she´s my least favorite charecter off the series

ACOK: Tyrion... until the Battle of the Blackwater.... this may come to a suprise... but Tyrion chapters are dull in ACOK, he´s to smart for his own good... always hidding stuff from the reader... it kills the empathy...

ASOS: Catelyn Stark... still can´t stand her... did love the red wedding though especially that red kiss they gave her...

AFFC: Well I had a hard time with Brienne chapters on my first read... but on my second read I warmed up to them... they remined me of Italian neorealisim...

ADWD: None I love them all ...

aGoT: Dany wandered in from another fantasy series.

aCoK: Dany again, but has even less relevance to the main plot in Westeros.

aSoS: Bran tied with Dany, due to it being a travelogue through the war-torn North and very little actual events taking place between "Bran decides to leave Tumblestone Tower for the 3-eyed crow's place" and "Bran mistakes Samwell the Slayer for a giant cannibal rat." Dany wins this one, as she starts carving herself out a kingdom.

aFfC: Arys Oakheart tied with Areo Hotah in terms of them being one-chapter POVs, but Hotah is slightly more interesting due to having "married" his axe. It seems as if GRRM was experimenting with whose perspective to write the Dornish subplot from, but forgot to rewrite their chapters to be from Arianne's POV once he decided on her.

aDwD: Quentyn Martell blows them all out of the water. I read the Meereenese Blot, and wholeheartedly concur with its assessment that the only thing interesting about Quentyn is that he is the only person on GRRth to realize that "This game of thrones is much too dangerous. I'd rather go home, marry my sweetheart, and have a long, happy life and totally not get roasted by a dragon." Then, due to his duty to his family and his fear of being thought a coward, he goes to get roasted by a dragon.

aGoT: Sansa. Especially on a reread, her ignorance, stupidity, and general naivete frustrates me to no end. Wanted to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her.

aCoK: Probably Daenerys. Usually like her chapters, but especially here, not much happened other than House of the Undying.

aSoS: Hard one, probably Catelyn because she is clearly just depressed, and the fact that she is so short-sighted frustrates me to no end. Also because the Red Wedding is so depressing I just skip it on rereads.

aFfC: Kinda hard, didn't have many favorites (other than Arya chapters, those were really interesting). Sam wasn't that bad really, probably my least favorite were Brienne chapters if I had to choose.

aDwD: Quentyn was boring until he tried to tame the dragons. Dany wasn't much better tbh.

Archived