Is there still a king in the north?

Gendrys Forge

You mean fortunate like finding a litter of direwolves, thought of extinct in the North for 200 years, magical creatures that telepathically bond with their owner and do their bidding such as finding hidden pathways in the Westerlands that noone in the West knew existed? Fortunate like that?

Or fortunate like marching South against the new King of Westeros and luckily finding out that the Reach, Stormlands and other sections of the Kingdom were also against him. That was incredibly fortunate for Robb.

Apart from poor old Renly, all the leaders had good luck and bad luck. It is how they took advantage of that what matters.

I'm not sure your point here, are you just arguing for the sake of it?

They partnered with Renly who offered them most of the Stormlands, though not all as we know some Houses such as the Carons stayed neutral, while the Lannisters offered the Westerlands. A realm far more powerful than the Stormlands as well as Kings Landing and parts of the Crownlands.

Littlefinger was hardly unprotected, the Crown made sure he was protected. He had a small army of 340 protecting him.

"Three hundred."

"And forty more - twenty knights with as many squires. If I arrive without a knightly tail, the Tyrells will think me of small account."

Far more men were sent to protect Littlefinger than were sent with Cat when she was sent to talk to the Baratheons.

While this is no guarantee, it would have been extremely unlucky for something to have happened to Littlefinger with that much protection.

Actually you are very wrong when it comes to this, it clearly meant a lot to the Tyrells. Olenna tells us so.

The thought that one day he might see his grandson with his arse on the Iron Throne makes Mace puff up like ... now, what do you call it?

Joffrey gave them legitiamcy on the Crown, the exact same deal Renly gave them. They needed somone to partner with who had a claim to sit the Iron Throne.

We are going around and around but the main point and I think both of our arguments back it up is that Robb did not enter a war he could not win. Depending on how things happened and who got the breaks when they did any of them could have won the war. Robb had as much a chance as winning as Tywin, Renly or Stannis.

Archived