Tyrion AND Jaime are the valonqar.

Pigeon Pie

Okay, I have to say the phrase I'm basing this on is so explicit it's just yelling to be noticed so someone must have noticed it and thought about this theory, but I never saw this theory here before, so... here you go.

"On that we agree." Tyrion smiled. "And for Ser Cortnay's death, well, we know Stannis hired sellsails from the Free Cities. Perhaps he bought himself a skilled assassin as well."

"A very skilled assassin."

"There are such. I used to dream that one day I'd be rich enough to send a Faceless Man after my sweet sister."

- A Clash of Kings, Tyrion (Sorry not sure which Tyrion chapter but it's the one where Varys tells him how he was cut)

So.

1. Tyrion is in Essos.

2. Arya is in Braavos to become a Faceless Woman.

3. Cersei is already on Arya's kill list, so she might very well give Tyrion the service for free, for all we know, or for some kind of special service in return, or maybe Tyrion does something for Dany and she gives him the money to hire Arya as a reward. After all he does state he'd ask Dany for the chance to rape and kill his sister (so sorry you won't get the rape part Tyrion..)

(This could also mean any other Faceless Man, but wouldn't it be poetic for Arya to be him? And what was the use of sending her to the FM if she wasn't going to kill someone off her list at one point? esp that Cersei is almost the only one still alive on it at this point.)

4. As was speculated many times, someone who's close enough to Cersei for Arya to take their face and kill her (considering that she'll die after her children per prophecy, so Tommen and Myrcella will be both dead by the time Arya gets to Cersei) is none other than Jaime. Arya takes Jaime's face to kill Cersei.

Thus, making Jaime and Tyrion both the valonqar.

Jaime and Tyrion being put together in a prophecy as one person fits their journeys and personalities, actually. They're complete opposites. Tyrion is the mind and intellect, Jaime is the fighting skills and good looks. Tyrion starts on his journey as a relatively good person and goes through things that make him worse, Jaime starts relatively evil and becomes better on his journey. Them being so different as to be opposites kind of makes them two faces of the same coin: The Valonqar.

Edit: also just noticed... by this theory, it goes with the two brothers' nature: Tyrion is the mind behind the murder, and Jaime is the "body" to commit it.

Can FM change their height , weight etc as well? I don't believe so. Though a small cute 10 year old jamie will be fun to see. :ack:

If they can't, Arya can't hope to be FM at all, since she'd need such a change to get closer to some of her targets, Cersei is but an example.

Why?

Tyrion contracting Arya to kill Cersei with Jamie's face is rather crackpot. Not as crackpot as Daario=Euron, but crackpot nonetheless. It still might happen, though.

Also, doesn't Arya taking Jamie's face mean she has to kill him first? The HoBaW face room seems to imply that you actually need the physical face to make the magic work...

Archived