A part of me hopes R+L=J isn't true

nymxria

Most of us do, to check if there might be something that we are overlooking. In all my time here, the strongest argument has been wilful denial.

I think it's almost a rite of passage for noobs to spin their wheels on alternatives to R+L=J. Eventually, the weight of the evidence brings those wheels to a stop and most of them fall in line IMO.

I think the people that argue against R+L=J are just getting out their frustrations about having spoiled one of the best plot twists in modern literature for themselves. I mean, looking back I wish I would have never found out. I had some suspicions but this forum has removed all doubt. I just don't find it productive to "cry over spilt milk"

That being said if it isn't true we would be seeing a plot twist just for the sake of a plot twist, which isn't George's style at all.

He's def more concerned with the lasting legacy of his epic and not what some of the hardcore fans want right now. Imagine how people would view the story when reading them back to back 50 years from now and there was a plot twist on something they never even picked up? Makes no sense for the continuity of the completed work.

Archived