Seven aspects of the faith are just the key components of a village.

Poppa Chase

You've got fathers to lead and judge right and wrong.

You've got mothers to give birth to and nurture new citizens.

You've got smiths to do the general labor of your village.

You've got maids who are your village children.

You've got crones who used to be mothers, there to teach you rights and wrongs.

You've got strangers to come in and turn your maids into mothers and fathers.

You've got warriors to defend all of those above.

I think the Andals knew these things and eventually they adopted it as a religion with seven aspects of their God.

Duh.

It's straight out of the Seven-Pointed Star, courtesy of Septon Merribald. Father/Judge, Warrior/Protector and Smith/Worker, the three obligations a man should fulfill.

Of course the three female aspects relate to the three female occupations: virgin, mother, grandmother. Less function, more state, because misogyny.

And of course the Stranger is the Great Unknown, when you shuffle off the mortal soil.

Duh.

It's straight out of the Seven-Pointed Star, courtesy of Septon Merribald. Father/Judge, Warrior/Protector and Smith/Worker, the three obligations a man should fulfill.

Of course the three female aspects relate to the three female occupations: virgin, mother, grandmother. Less function, more state, because misogyny.

And of course the Stranger is the Great Unknown, when you shuffle off the mortal soil.

I just meant there is nothing more to it than that. Some people believe there are gods in a song of ice and fire, and i do not.

Archived