Thoros is AAR, he is forging lightbringer and this is how he´ll come to lead the fight against the others

Krugal

I really like some parts of your theory. I'm convinced that Jaime is AA and that he will kill Cersei or Brienne with Oathkeeper in order to fulfil the prophecy.

The thing that I dont buy is that Jaime is Aerys son. I've been thinking about it for while after that Jaime POV where he meets his mother in a dream and she says that Tywin always wanted his son to be a great knight and his daugther to be a Queen. Jaime then tells her that he is a knight and Cersei is a Queen, after that his mother starts to cry and go away. I couldnt find any explanation for that scene so far.

They say she was crying because she raised those children to be Tywins son and daughter when in fact they were his rival's kids.

I'm not certain either way. But it is fitting for Cerseis mom to do.

I really like your theory, but I still see it hard for Jaime because he's been a kind of "soiled" from the very beginning of the story. First, we have to read about the incest, then he tried to kill Bran, afterward, we learn he killed his father Aerys II, even when he doesn't know about it. He seem to have explanations for everything but, anyway, he's been doing pretty bad things. It's fine that he's trying to do it right this time around. Jaime is one of my favorite, he would be so perfect if we could take (at least) the attempt to kill Bran away. Maybe he could redeem himself trying to save the world getting involved in the AAR prophecy.
Thoros, like Jaime, wasn't such a good boy at the beginning, but now it seems he's trying to do the right thing, which is more difficult than being lazy and reckless, of course.

I'm not saying that is not possible, just that it is difficult. As I've said I like the theory because it would mean that this guys are learning to do something good with their lives even when it's not easy, and even when they've made a lot of mistakes. They can make lemonade out of lemons.

I subscribe to the theory that AAR = TPTWP because Maester Aemon and Melisandre have talked about it. But, of course, they can be a "little bit" wrong again... :cool4: That would be funny. :bang: I'm starting to think they can be wrong. :dunno: AAR and TPWWP can perfectly be two different people.

PS: I completely agree that Richard Lonmouth is Lem.

Pox Americana, thank you. Actually, I find it rather fitting that a pretty minor, non-POV character like Thoros will fulfill the prophecy of AAR. To me it doesn't seem very much like the style of the books to have one POV-character suddenly realise he's the saviour chosen by god, draw a flaming sword from a stone, have dark forces flee before him and save the world. A lot of people, both good and bad, will have to put in a lot of hard work to defeat the others. And then, late in the struggle, or even afterwards, will we(the readers) and some of the involved realise that "wait a minute, this guy who's been along all the way, actually did this and this, and that means he fullfilled this prophecy. It wasn't quite what we expected, but it actually makes sense."

Sanset S, did Aemon and Melisandre talk about AAR anf TPTWP being the same person, I must have missed that. But as you said, they might be wrong, and (as GRRM said) prophecy is a tricky thing. Many times it turns out to be something else than what you first expected.

Sanset S, did Aemon and Melisandre talk about AAR anf TPTWP being the same person, I must have missed that. But as you said, they might be wrong, and (as GRRM said) prophecy is a tricky thing. Many times it turns out to be something else than what you first expected.

Here's one plain quote with Maester Aemon and Melisandre.

There are others where Melisandre calls Stannis, Azor Azhai and other times she calls him the prince who was promised.

(...) Maester Aemon murmur, "It is the war for the dawn you speak of, my lady. But where is the prince that was promised?"

"He stands before you," Melisandre declared, "though you do not have the eyes to see. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai come again, the warrior of fire. In him the prophecies are fulfilled. The red comet blazed across the sky to herald his coming, and he bears Lightbringer, the red sword of heroes."

(ASOS Ch.78, Samwell V)

I just found a thread that seem to confirm it, I didn't watch the video, yet.

ETA: GRRM says «TPTWP» while he's talking about Lightbringer, the sword of Azor Ahai. He's commenting the religion of the Red God during the scene with Melisandre and Stannis when they burned the statues of the Seven Gods in Dragonstone. (ACOK, 10, Davos I)

PS: I don't know what episode of the tv series, I watch it (of course), but I follow the books (the true story). I watch the series for fun, actually, I re-watch only the scenes that I like, with Varys for example.

I like this theory. Honestly now I think it's kind of silly that Thoros never even crossed my mind, when he's been actively doing "The Red God's Will" this entire time.

Sanset S, thanks for the quote and the link! I have to admit that there is al lot speaking for the two different prophecies being different versions of one prophecy. It doesn´t have to be that way though, its can surely be argued that both Melisandre and Aemon interpret the "other" prophecy within their own cognitive framework, and that would fit my theory nicely :cool4: . I´m of course not absolutely convinced about my own theory, and i am speculating and reaching a bit, but I like the general idea of Thorors fulfilling the prophecy and think the resurrections fit with the forging of lightbringer. If lady Stoneheart kills and resurrects Jaime in TWOW I´ll keep argueing that Thoros is AAR and tell everyone I was right all along. If she doesn´t, I´ll pretend this thread never happened :dunno: .

Archived