Bran & company ate men (theory but probably true)

Really? Are there examples in the text of people butchering animals north of the Wall since all the wighting started? I don't remember any. What about all the dead animals who have been wighted? You don't think any of them were killed for meat?

They were not on an extended trip with no end in sight. They only needed enough nourishment to get them as far as the cave. So no it's not exactly like your classic survival situation. And in a classic survival situation you don't have to worry about dead bodies rising up and killing you anyway.

Yes they had the elk, but did they have a way to secure the meat to the elk? I don't recall a lot about extra paper or fabric and string in the text.

True. The app has been edited to list Jon's fate as unknown.

But...but...I like pigs! :crying:

How is a dead animal gonna rise up after being butchered? I don't know if you've ever been hunting before but the general practice is when you kill an animal for meat you utilize the meat. You don't cut off what you need for the day and leave the carcass. No one would do that especially North of the Wall when there's no way to know when the next meal is coming. You also can't assume your time of arrival at the cave. A million things can go wrong between now and reaching the cave. You could end up stranded for an extended period.

Remove the head and quarter the pig. How's it gonna rise up and get you? Craster had pigs and sheep at his place when the NIghts Watch first reached him, he had none by the time they got back so yeah we know people eat animals North of the Wall after the Wightings started.

Also in your scenario they find the only pig in the forest but their plans are foiled by not having a bit of string to carry it?

Archived