TWOIAF SPOILER - Stark Lineage

Lord Damian

Well, I was wrong about lineage of house Stark. I for one thought that Ned's grandmother or a younger sister of Robert's Targ Grandma was Ned's grandma. I was wrong. House Stark apparently has no Targ lineage at all. I suspected otherwise but I can not put that to rest. Now that that is out of the way, it makes it more clear to me that Jon is probably the true and only union of Ice and Fire, Stark - Ice and Targ - Fire.

I'm not sure about the Blackwoods. The only ties known are Missy and her 3 children and then, later, Aegon V's wife Black Betha. It might be, that the two daughters of Missy married Blackwood cousins, I don't know how likely that is.

As for possible Targaryen ancestor in general, the only possibilities I can think of are the twin daughters of Rhaena (Maegor's black bride)and Aegon or maybe Rhaena herself.

I don't know how it would work timewise for daughters/granddaughters of Baela (Velaryons), Rhaena (Hightower), Elaena (maybe Plumm and Penrose) to marry into other houses who then intermarry with Starks.

An other issue: Are there any clues on how Ellard Stark fits in the family tree? He was Lord before Cregan (and I suppose also before Rickon and Benjen).

Archived