Varys and Ilyrio are commies(read it before you judge it)

myufa

This is a the second post I see that tries to project post-feudal politics in ASOIAF. Why would this exist ? I understand doing an analysis of ASOIAF from a specific political/ economical/social perspective but trying to politically identify a character is like trying to categorize a grasshopper as a mammal. "Varys is Theon from the future" are far more ASOIAF-valid than this.

OP, if this comes out of an interest on communism why don't you read the Communist Manifesto with some wine ? Maybe read some Kropotkin to have the full picture.

This is a the second post I see that tries to project post-feudal politics in ASOIAF. Why would this exist ? I understand doing an analysis of ASOIAF from a specific political/ economical/social perspective but trying to politically identify a character is like trying to categorize a grasshopper as a mammal. "Varys is Theon from the future" are far more ASOIAF-valid than this.

OP, if this comes out of an interest on communism why don't you read the Communist Manifesto with some wine ? Maybe read some Kropotkin to have the full picture.

When I wrote it, I was thinking of them as wanting revenge on the high lords so they were trying to kill as many as possible. Now I realize using the word commie was a bad decision

yes, cpmmie is definetly not applicable to V&I, they always pursued theur scope that include rise in power son some still not so clear end.

Moreover I have difficulties in thinking what communism is in a feudal world if not maybe redestributing lands to people that work it..

Archived