[Spoilers] Melisandre leaves the Wall

DireNorthWolf

Deviation? It has not even happened yet.

Deviation because all hints are pointing to Jon being alive but critically injured. He needs no resurrection. So I'm saying if she resurrects him on the show, that will be huge. I know we haven't had the final word but when Martin himself responds to the complaint of killing Jon with "So you think he's dead" one can assume he's still alive.

I'm not a firm believer that Mel will have to be there for Jon to be resurrected. In ADWD he had the smoking wound (smoke) and Bowen Marsh's tears ( salt) and the bleeding star was the blood on the stars of Ser Patrek's cloak. But since we don't have a giant (Wun Wun) to tear apart Ser Patreck I have no clue how D £ D might do this. On second thought...they probably would prefer naked Mel.....lol.

that theory never made sense first the sigil of ser patrick is blue stars and prophecy refers to red star

.,second the sigil was added in the book because GRRM lost a bet ...third he is dying not waking (iam a believer he is not dead only injured)..by the looks of it he will be inside Ghost for sometime until he recovers so when he returns to his body there will be no red star and salt and smoke and no flaming sword either ..and iam happy that this theory may be gone atlast

in the show it seems that once stannis is dead selyse is sacrificing shireen to bring back Stannis and nothing happens ..iam not sure what Mel do yet whether she will be with selyse or run back to wall to inform about Stannis

I think the decision to have Melisandre leave the Wall and then return can be understood in the context of the decision to have Jon go to Hardhome. At that point, once they decided to have Jon leave Castle Black in order to provide a showcase action sequence, they were not going to simply leave Melisandre to hangout by herself waiting for him. That would have been a waste of one of their strongest and most entertaining characters and it would have made no sense. Much better to have her diverted for a while with Stannis and Davos, so they can at least showcase her with them for an episode or two.

Exactly. It was a very practical story-telling decision. Especially considering that everyone seems to be outfitted with jet packs now - which I'm ok with.

Archived