What if Aegon the Conquerer actually IS the father of Aenys and Maegor

The Skinner

So, I've heard the the theories about Aegon being sterile or gay or what have you and they just don't convince me. I mean the Targaryeans aside from Maegor are decended from Rhaenys and if Aenys wasn't the son of Aegon that would mean all of the Monarchs of westeros weren't either; and to me it seems pretty clear daenaerys is Aegon the dragon come again. Some say Maegor isn't Aegon's either, even that he's some sort of magical abomination of Visenya's. While I'm partial to the idea that she used magic to birth an especially strong son based on her earlier prediction that she would and the odd time of his birth so late in his parents lives I don't feel that's evidence enough that he's not Aegon's son. I mean dude was busy, I'm sure being the one true king of 6 out 7 kingdoms plus the riverlands in a realm you forged yourself probably took a lot of his time. I don't know for sure if I'm right but I like the idea that his kids are like his two halves and the idea that even though he was a great king, he might not have been the best father. Plus I like Aegon 1 from the little bit we know about him and id b kind of sad to learn that he isn't the progenitor of my favorite dragon dynasty.

Archived