Game of Thrones Season 6 Predictions part 1 The North

MizasterJ

All right allow me to start off by saying this season will undoubtedly be the hardest to predict seeing as how we are now pretty much completely beyond the source material.

However, there is the exception of the Ironborn storyline featured heavily in book 4 and 5 what we know of book 6. Still looking at the current trend of the show runners drastically taking the characters in their own direction, all bets are off.

A lot of this prediction will stem from my idea of where the story in the books will go, but also taking major clues from last season and some casting news.

While these predictions are only made specific for an entertaining narrative effect, I only half expect them to unfold in a much more general sense. Regardless of what it may seem, this is not my personal ambition for the story.

So without further ado, my predictions for the story of...

Game of Thrones Season 6 part 1

Let’s start with the big enchilada: the North

Sansa & Theon: Sansa is no doubt thankful towards Theon and Theon probably feels a sense of redemption and duty with helping her. Sansa will be pretty focused on finding her brothers yet Theon will no doubt be paranoid that Ramsay will send his dogs to “hunt us down.”

Theon will be reluctant to do anything but run, I’m guessing towards the wall now that Sansa knows that Jon was made lord commander she will absolutely go to him to share the news of Rickon and Bran’s survival and expect him to run a search n rescue party. She might even remember her uncle Benjen but I certainly wouldn’t hold my breath on that. So off they go to the wall, but they will avoid the King's road as that is the most obvious way to get caught by anyone, too bad though, as Sam and Gilly will probably be traveling that way, at least as far as white harbor where they will set sail for Oldtown. They will probably journey through the woods, but Winter has come and winter is cruel, so they will cling to each other for warmth.

I almost expect Theon to make some daring sacrifice to save Sansa, while Sansa helps mend his emotional and psychological damage. After they fend Ramsay’s attack dogs. She will convince him he is Theon Greyjoy heir to the Iron islands and commander of a fleet of powerful warships. She will convince him to sail her far from the Boltons by way of bear Island except Theon has no boat. Eventually I see Sansa getting caught by some group ( Yara Greyjoy & crew perhaps ) and Theon being unable to help and basically left for dead, Until…weirwood crow wolf Bran. Sansa will learn that Yara is Theon’s sister and pleads with her to help Theon, but Yara swears Theon is dead. Never the less Yara agrees to ransom Sansa to the Mormont’s of Bear island.

Stannis, Brienne, and Pod:

Stannis Lives! I know I criticized the show for making it seem so unrealistic that he survived but, I’m willing to overlook that. I believe Brienne took pity on him and showed mercy, as Stannis appealed to her dutiful nature and honor. The honor seeking Brienne would not stoop to execute a dying man in the middle of nowhere and succumb to vengeance. Brienne is after all a softie deep down.

I believe Brienne will use Stannis to help her try to rescue Sansa, by assaulting the Bolton’s. They will use the plan of Stannis faking his own death. Upon seeing evidence of what they believe is Stannis’ burnt body, Roose will ask Ramsay, who has been furious over Sansa and Reek’s escape, to return to rule the Dreadfort.
This will cause a rift between them and Ramsay will wonder if his father intends to sacrifice him. Roose indeed considers Ramsay expendable now that his son is born. Ramsay will obey his father but murder the newborn boy and its mother,Fat Walda. Roose will be unaffected by this.

Meanwhile Stannis (if he hasn’t done so already) will send the remainder of his army, with Brienne at the helm, to capture it.
As Ramsay returns to the dreadfort he will be surprised to see Brienne waiting for him and meet his end at her blade Brienne with a little assist by Pod. When Roose receives word that Ramsay is dead and the dreadfort retaken, Roose will already be in the midst of a new alliance with the northern house Manderly and claims a new wife from another northern lord.

Meanwhile Osha and Rickon have been keeping safe at House Umber. They are told the news of Stannis taking the Dreadfort and his war with House Bolton over Winterfell. Mors Umber meets with House Manderly to discuss a scheme to win back the North for Rickon.

Learning the news from the Eyrie that Ramsay and Stannis are dead, Littlefinger moves in with his army of the vale to Winterfell. During a meeting with Wyman Manderly, and Mors Umber, Littlefinger asks Roose the fate of Sansa, Roose surmises that Ramsay fed her to his dogs like all the rest. I seem to think the season will leave Roose’s fate unknown from there.

In the cave of the tree eyed raven,Bloodraven tells Bran the story of who he once was, and Bran is able to see parts of it by some way involving blood.

At the wall, Alliser commands the other Night’s Watch to toss Jon’s dead body in a ditch outside and bury him without anyone seeing, but of course some one does see.

Bran in his crow form witnesses Jon’s body being dragged outside and buried.

Melisandre goes to make a fire. As she asks the lord of light to show her the savior, she watches in her flames a vision of Jon. Davos speaks with Tormund and tries to convince him to have the Wildlings attack the Boltons but Tormund says the Wildlings will remain at Castle Black till the real war is won. Mel visits with Davos to tell him of Jon’s murder. Mel convinces Davos to retrieve the body. That night Davos goes digging around for Jon’s body, and with the help of Ghost he finds the corpse of Jon. Not wanting to be spotted at castle black with the body, Davos takes it to the abandoned night fort. There Mel asks Davos to send for the aid of Thoros of Myr. Davos, takes leave to find him.

Alliser calls a meeting to announce Jon Snow’s death at the hands of Wildlings which causes an uproar. Mel appears and announces that Alliser killed Jon. Alliser swears to her lie, but Tormund threatens to kill him and a skirmish between NW and Wildlings breaks out. In the middle of the action a horn is heard blasting 3 times.

North of the wall Ghost is seen following a raven through the woods. We see flash backs of Jon’s leading up to the stabbing and we land on Benjen. It becomes clear that Jon’s consciousness is now inside Ghost. He travels further north following the raven to hardhome. Ghost starts having visions of Benjen ranging beyond the wall & encountering White Walkers, when suddenly a single WW stands in front of him, and stares into his eyes calmly. Jon recognizes the face of this Walker.

Bran experiences moments from the past off and on until he is able to experience the entire scene involving young boys, Robert Baratheon, Brandon Stark, and his father Ned. He calls to them but they cannot hear. The vision ends when Lyanna’s voice is heard but her body is not seen.

Bran has Hodor take him to the large Weirwood tree outside the cave where he listen to the sound of its leaves in the wind seeming to whisper to him, as he touches the tree he feels his mind travel through the roots stretching north to a place where he feels a some type of awful and disturbing life force.

Mel moves into the Night Fort and realizes it’s power. Mel hears the horn sounding the warning of the white Walkers approach, desperately she prays over the body of Jon Snow and then goes to light it a blaze.

Continued in part 2, King’s Landing.

Now I'm sure many of you are itching to tell me just how wrong I am. I welcome comments.

Archived