You lead a UN Peacekeeping Mission in Westeros ...

TimJames

The Seven Kingdoms has traditionally scored (at best) a D- in the field of human rights. Their ideas of crime and punishment are almost medieval. Then the War of Five Kings broke out, and things got out of control.

Fortunately, for the purpose of this scenario, the UN decided to send a Peacekeeping Mission in Westeros ... and you're the one in charge of it.

As Head of Mission for the Peacekeeping Operations in the Seven Kingdoms, you are called upon not only to maintain peace and security, but also to facilitate the political process, protect civilians, assist in the disarmament, demobilization and reintegration of former combatants; support the organization of elections, protect and promote human rights and assist in restoring the rule of law.

To help you, you're UN Peacekeepers have been equipped with modern weapons and firearms.

How do you go about doing this?

UN Peacekeepers in Westeros? Not sure it can be done. And it really, really doesn't fit the time frame.

But...I'd probably negotiate the use of Dany's dragons. They're about the only thing I can think of in the story that might keep people in line.

Then I'd have to send a delegation to speak with the Others, possibly imposing some kind of sanctions--no more babies until they stop the acts of aggression.

All burnings of living people would be suspended and Mel held for investigation.

I'd definitely bring someone in to audit the crown. And since LF isn't in charge of coin anymore, and the king is a minor, Cersei would go to jail for embezzlement.

Food from the reach would be distributed as evenly as possible, and winter shelters set up for the smallfolk.

I'd declare Tyrion's trial a mistrial, since both champions died as a result of it, and put him in charge of Casterly Rock, which is how I'd get the money to build the shelters and buy food from the Reach. A new trial would be ordered, with a committee of judges from Essos who don't care what anyone in Westeros thinks, and in the mean time Tyrion is free to move about as he pleases provided he doesn't skip the country again.

Ramsay Bolton would be held for humanitarian crimes and given trial by dragon. If the dragon eats or roasts you, you lose.

ETA: oh, and I'd bring along some DNA kits to end the Twincest speculation once and for all. This would be done quietly and the results kept secret except from a committee charged with settling the succession issue. Tommen and Myrcella would be kept secure and comfortable. Stannis will be made king temporarily pending an arm-wrestling match with Daenerys, and seeing whether he'll work with us or not.

Create a constitution and make get the king/Queen to sign the Magna Carta, try to get all kingdoms to sign a deceleration of human rights and attempt to create a government similar to a constitutional monarchy and repopulate the wall with those who have committed war crimes, massacres, sedition, piracy.Thus wall is ready for the others with actual politicians and warriors capable of protecting the realm from the Others and keeping criminals in a prisonesque facility.

create schools and the printing press (which should weaken the hold and power of the faith of the seven like it did to the catholic church), proper sanitation, improve trade agreements and embargo kingdoms with slavery and perhaps free trade with braavos. Then just maintain the peace for 50-100 years and their should be a massive improvement in human rights,health,education.

Though I would slowly introduce these laws to let the population acclimatise to the new laws and philosophy .

Archived