Stannis and the Faith of the Seven

Starkist

If Stannis gains the Iron Throne would he re-convert to the Faith of Seven for the good of the realm? He's not religious and if I remember correctly from the books he lost his faith to Seven when his parents died in the storm. Most of the realm will see him as heretic so things would be lot easier if he would convert to the Faith (After he gain the throne of course). But this is Stannis and he can always go with "Bend the knee or I will destroy you"

Correct, Stannis is not religious. He does not believe in the Red God. In the very first Davos capters, he said that he has no man, but the powers of melisandre, who also his own men fear. So he is using the religion and the magic stuff as a weapon.

But I think that changes a bit during the story. He sees a vision in the flames, with burning king or sth. and is also looking to the flame during the march to Winterfell. So I think that it is possible that Stannis is more religious than in the beginning of the story.

I don't think that he will try to convert the people to the Red God once he sits on the throne. He didn't try that with his own men ( half of his men do not believe in the Red God) , why should he now?

Archived