You're a UN Prosecutor, build a case against Victorian Greyjoy

TimJames

7 hours ago, Abdallah said:

I never gave them the right to rape them. I did say they could have sex and possibly become salt wives. Perhaps the women and some of the officers misunderstood me. We found no boys on that ship. I believe the slavers executed the boy slaves because they were less valuable than the female slaves. I do think I have a reason so many women are testifying against me.  The Slavers used brutal techniques to break the minds of their slaves. Such tactics were used on my nephew Theon Greyjoy. Now they didn't torture the women psychically but psychologically they broke them down. They must think that the slavers can still hurt them.The men might of been convinced by the women.  

Prosecutor: "Do you believe that Salt Wives are treated well in The Iron Islands?"

1 hour ago, TimJames said:

Prosecutor: "Do you believe that Salt Wives are treated well in The Iron Islands?"

I believe if they are married to good men. If a man is kind to his rock wife he would most often be kind to his Salt wife. If he beats his salt wife, then it's a good bet he hits his rock wife. The law for Salt Wives means that their children shall inherit. This is unlike the children of Paramours, who are bastards. 

1 hour ago, Abdallah said:

I believe if they are married to good men. If a man is kind to his rock wife he would most often be kind to his Salt wife. If he beats his salt wife, then it's a good bet he hits his rock wife. The law for Salt Wives means that their children shall inherit. This is unlike the children of Paramours, who are bastards. 

The Prosecutor resisted the urge to smirk; Victorian Greyjoy had walked right into his trap.

Prosecutor: "Then would you mind telling us what happened to your third wife?"

The Prosecutor resisted the urge to smirk; Victorian Greyjoy had walked right into his trap.

Prosecutor: "Then would you mind telling us what happened to your third wife?"

Lawyer: OBJECTION YOUR HONOR. This has nothing to do with the case in hand. 

7 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

Lawyer: OBJECTION YOUR HONOR. This has nothing to do with the case in hand. 

Prosecutor: "The fact that you so dearly don't want him to answer that suggests that it IS related to the case at hand. If your client has nothing to hide, then surely he can give a simple answer."

Tribunal Judge: "Objection denied. Prosecutor, I don't know what you're getting at but it had better be related to the trial at hand."

Prosecutor: "Thank you Your Honor-"

Tribunal Judge: "Just make it quick."

Prosecutor: "Now Victorian Greyjoy, what happened to your third wife?"

Just now, TimJames said:

Prosecutor: "The fact that you so dearly don't want him to answer that suggests that it IS related to the case at hand. If your client has nothing to hide, then surely he can give a simple answer."

Tribunal Judge: "Objection denied. Prosecutor, I don't know what you're getting at but it had better be related to the trial at hand."

Prosecutor: "Thank you Your Honor-"

Tribunal Judge: "Just make it quick."

Prosecutor: "Now Victorian Greyjoy, what happened to your third wife?"

She was the love of my life. She was my salt wife. (Tears flowing from his eyes, he chokes out his words) She died....Euron....That son of a bitch.....he cause her death, and thats all I have to say about that.

Lawyer: Your honor this is a different matter entirely, trying to poison the jury against my client. Unless he has anything to charge Victorian with on the matter, the matter is closed. He said what happen. 

18 hours ago, Abdallah said:

She was the love of my life. She was my salt wife. (Tears flowing from his eyes, he chokes out his words) She died....Euron....That son of a bitch.....he cause her death, and thats all I have to say about that.

Lawyer: Your honor this is a different matter entirely, trying to poison the jury against my client. Unless he has anything to charge Victorian with on the matter, the matter is closed. He said what happen. 

Prosecutor: "I think the jury is smart enough to come to their own conclusions, and I would be remiss if I left stones unturned. Now, Victorian Greyjoy, you claim that your brother is responsible for your wife's death. But we both know there's more to the story than that."

The prosecutor had been thorough; anything that could even remotely be used as evidence he got approved for use in the courtroom. Including depositions from the since-acquitted Asha Greyjoy and the still-on-trial Eurion Greyjoy. The former was unwilling to protect her uncle, and the latter could not pass up an opportunity to rub salt in his brothers wounds (especially as it might be his last).

Prosecutor: "You beat your salt wife to death with your own hands." The Prosecutor said this matter-of-factly, with a voice cold as ice. 

2 hours ago, TimJames said:

Prosecutor: "I think the jury is smart enough to come to their own conclusions, and I would be remiss if I left stones unturned. Now, Victorian Greyjoy, you claim that your brother is responsible for your wife's death. But we both know there's more to the story than that."

The prosecutor had been thorough; anything that could even remotely be used as evidence he got approved for use in the courtroom. Including depositions from the since-acquitted Asha Greyjoy and the still-on-trial Eurion Greyjoy. The former was unwilling to protect her uncle, and the latter could not pass up an opportunity to rub salt in his brothers wounds (especially as it might be his last).

Prosecutor: "You beat your salt wife to death with your own hands." The Prosecutor said this matter-of-factly, with a voice cold as ice. 

Lawyer: Objection your honor. Victorian is not on trial for the death of his wife. This is a pathetic attempt to poison the jury. That wasn't even a question. If he has charges against Victorian bring it. But he only has 2 people who HATE Victorian and who obviously biased against him. This is ground for a Mistrial. 

Victorian: I loved her u son of a bitch. Euron took her from me. 

Lawyer: Your Honor unless u are completely biased against my client u will recognize that the prosecution can't bring up another case that has NO bearing on the current case. 

1 hour ago, Abdallah said:

Lawyer: Objection your honor. Victorian is not on trial for the death of his wife. This is a pathetic attempt to poison the jury. That wasn't even a question. If he has charges against Victorian bring it. But he only has 2 people who HATE Victorian and who obviously biased against him. This is ground for a Mistrial. 

Victorian: I loved her u son of a bitch. Euron took her from me. 

Lawyer: Your Honor unless u are completely biased against my client u will recognize that the prosecution can't bring up another case that has NO bearing on the current case. 

Tribunal Judge: "Victorian Greyjoy is on trial for sexual slavery and murder. Therefore this claim is relevant to the trial at hand. In a court of law, both the prosecution and defense are both allowed and even advised to attempt to discredit the reliability and character of witnesses during cross-examination. What the Prosecution is doing is no different than you accusing the former salt-wives of accepting bribes. Now, please be seated and refrain from outbursts until he finishes."

Prosecutor: "Thank you Your Honor."

Tribunal Judge: "And as for you, I thank you kindly to limit your cross-examination to questions and to save accusations for the closing statements. If I suspect you of misconduct I WILL force you to be seated."

The Prosecutor nodded, aware that he was tight-roping. One wrong word, and Victorian will be able to restrain himself. Another wrong word, and The Tribunal Judge will throw him out of the room. 

Prosecutor: "Victorian Greyjoy, is it not true that before her death your third wife had an affair with your brother Eurion? Was not your motive jealousy?"

4 hours ago, TimJames said:

Tribunal Judge: "Victorian Greyjoy is on trial for sexual slavery and murder. Therefore this claim is relevant to the trial at hand. In a court of law, both the prosecution and defense are both allowed and even advised to attempt to discredit the reliability and character of witnesses during cross-examination. What the Prosecution is doing is no different than you accusing the former salt-wives of accepting bribes. Now, please be seated and refrain from outbursts until he finishes."

Tribunal Judge: "And as for you, I thank you kindly to limit your cross-examination to questions and to save accusations for the closing statements. If I suspect you of misconduct I WILL force you to be seated."

The Prosecutor nodded, aware that he was tight-roping. One wrong word, and Victorian will be able to restrain himself. Another wrong word, and The Tribunal Judge will throw him out of the room. 

Prosecutor: "Victorian Greyjoy, is it not true that before her death your third wife had an affair with your brother Eurion? Was not your motive jealousy?"

(I actually think u can't bring up another case, well atleast according to law and order SVU. unless the guy is convicted, but i'll let it go)

Victorian (now collected himself from his grief): All I know is Euron dishonored her and killed her. I'm not sure if she was raped or if she had an affair. 

31 minutes ago, TimJames said:

(also c'mon man Victorian isn't going to admit to killing his wife, move on already, i'm sick of saying no)

41 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

(I actually think u can't bring up another case, well atleast according to law and order SVU. unless the guy is convicted, but i'll let it go)

(also c'mon man Victorian isn't going to admit to killing his wife, move on already, i'm sick of saying no)

(( I'm half-sure international criminal cases are different than normal ones. 

Truth be told, I suppose I was hoping Mr. Prosecutor [remind me to come up with a more realistic name] would end up goading Victorian into attacking him. But then again Victorian does have some restraint; that's why he didn't break Eurion's neck. So you want to interview any more witnisses, or can we go to the "evidence" part of the trial?))

10 minutes ago, TimJames said:

(( I'm half-sure international criminal cases are different than normal ones. 

Truth be told, I suppose I was hoping Mr. Prosecutor [remind me to come up with a more realistic name] would end up goading Victorian into attacking him. But then again Victorian does have some restraint; that's why he didn't break Eurion's neck. So you want to interview any more witnisses, or can we go to the "evidence" part of the trial?))

lets go to evidence. so far ur case is purely circumstantial and wouldn't beat reasonable doubt. I'm sure the jury felt some pity for Victorian (he was genuinely sad)

23 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

lets go to evidence. so far ur case is purely circumstantial and wouldn't beat reasonable doubt. I'm sure the jury felt some pity for Victorian (he was genuinely sad)

(We only showed one witness. The total witnesses who testified against him would be in the mid-to-high tens depending on how many girls were on the slave ship he captured. And being sad doesn't always garner sympathy: some jurors might see it as remorse.)

8 minutes ago, TimJames said:

(We only showed one witness. The total witnesses who testified against him would be in the mid-to-high tens depending on how many girls were on the slave ship he captured. And being sad doesn't always garner sympathy: some jurors might see it as remorse.)

Eh I think I had a good enough response, bring up ur actual evidence (if u have any)

6 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

Eh I think I had a good enough response, bring up ur actual evidence (if u have any)

I will. But it's late where I live, so it will need to wait to tomorrow.

((So how do you want to proceed?

I was thinking that after we finish questioning witnesses, we can go to analyzing physical evidence, then we can go to closing statements. 

After that we can look at how this case would appear to a Judge without prior knowledge of the series, have a reasonable verdict, and show the outcome. 

Do you want to finish with witnesses now, because I was thinking of having the prosecutor call in one more witness?))

3 hours ago, TimJames said:

((So how do you want to proceed?

I was thinking that after we finish questioning witnesses, we can go to analyzing physical evidence, then we can go to closing statements. 

After that we can look at how this case would appear to a Judge without prior knowledge of the series, have a reasonable verdict, and show the outcome. 

Do you want to finish with witnesses now, because I was thinking of having the prosecutor call in one more witness?))

If u got another witness go ahead. Hmm maybe I should call up some more folks to back up Victorian. I'll find one or 2 more witnesses. Raff the Limper and one of the captains. 

17 minutes ago, Abdallah said:

If u got another witness go ahead. Hmm maybe I should call up some more folks to back up Victorian. I'll find one or 2 more witnesses. Raff the Limper and one of the captains. 

((Nice. 

Now that he's sufficiently put Victorian off-edge, the Prosecutor has a few more questions for him . After that, you can ask Victorian questions to help build up your case.

Then after Victorian is dismissed, you can call up one of your witnesses. Then once we've cross-examined him, I'll call up one of mine, and so on until we run out [or until we grow sick of witnesses and wish to go to physical evidence].))

Prosecutor: "Now Victorian, a question concerning a Maester who was sent aboard your ship. Is it true that Maester Kerwin was sexually assaulted while on-board your ship?"

((Nice. 

Now that he's sufficiently put Victorian off-edge, the Prosecutor has a few more questions for him . After that, you can ask Victorian questions to help build up your case.

Then after Victorian is dismissed, you can call up one of your witnesses. Then once we've cross-examined him, I'll call up one of mine, and so on until we run out [or until we grow sick of witnesses and wish to go to physical evidence].))

Prosecutor: "Now Victorian, a question concerning a Maester who was sent aboard your ship. Is it true that Maester Kerwin was sexually assaulted while on-board your ship?"

Victorian: Maester Kerwin was a good lad but yes sadly. He was young and handsome and men in ships are dangerous. Euron made me take him along and he was raped. Thats why I made the Dusty woman stay in the Cabin. I told him to identify them but he didn't get to see their faces. I gave him a dagger to protect himself. Unfortunately he killed himself. Did u recover his body because we were unable to.

Archived