Lines or passages in the novels that always get to you

forod

On 6/11/2016 at 8:07 PM, Lady_of_the_black said:

From the hedge knight.. spoilers

This passage always makes me cringe so hard.

Ohmylands, I read that on the train while I was commuting to school and I just wanted to sit there and sob (especially in the later passage when Valarr is all like "My father was only nine and thirty...") but I couldn't because I was in public and wearing mascara and it would have been weird. I was in a funk for a week afterward, haunted by Dunk saying "Your Grace, I am your man." 

On 6/22/2016 at 9:17 PM, Bran the Shipper said:

Such a great way to end the book.

That's actually my favorite passage in the entire series, especially because Bran had several dark moments in the past thinking about how he would rather be dead than unable to walk. The fact that nearly everyone in Westeros thinks he's dead and he had only recently emerged from the crypts just sort of makes it all incredible. 

And I don't know why, but the whole sequence where Jon returns to Castle Black after infiltrating the wildlings is just heartbreaking. "I will not scream, Jon told himself when he saw the blade glowing red hot. But he broke that vow as well."  And "They can't be dead. Theon would never do that." 

Archived