How can Bran be the Night King if there's no NK in the books?

ktm5124

The "new" version of the theory is that Bran is not the NK, instead Bran warg's into the man whose heart is being pierced by dragon glass to create the NK, and gets stuck in the man and thus becomes the NK. This is a twist that has no support in the books, of course, as there is almost no discussion of the others. The support in the show comes at least partially from the fact that the show is so light on facts and story that all the screen time devoted to Bran warging around and moving in time must lead somewhere - of course that somewhere may have been R+L=J and this whole storyline is just crackpot.

I dont dismiss it out of hand as Bran warged into a man Jon must kill might just be the twist they need in the show, as if Jon just kills the NK with Valerian steel that would just kinda suck - and be boring and predictable no matter how long or hard the battle.

I think Bran will end up as the TEC in Winterfell's tree, his purpose being that "The north remembers", because they have clearly forgotten something. So I don't expect Bran to be the NK, nor die.

But has Bran tried to alter the past, maybe repeatedly? Possible. I feel the Starks/Winterfell will be lost, and Bran might be constantly trying to change the past to avoid that outcome.

6 minutes ago, NonoNono said:

I think Bran will end up as the TEC in Winterfell's tree, his purpose being that "The north remembers", because they have clearly forgotten something. So I don't expect Bran to be the NK, nor die.

But has Bran tried to alter the past, maybe repeatedly? Possible. I feel the Starks/Winterfell will be lost, and Bran might be constantly trying to change the past to avoid that outcome.

Great point, his need to change the past could foreshadow his worst move ever - trying to stop the NK before he is formed and getting stuck in the Warg.

Archived