Prendahl na Ghezn namesake?

As I was driving and listening to the Dotrice audiobooks for the umpteenth time, I heard the name "Prendahl na Ghezn", which Roy Dotrice pronounces as "PREN-dl." I happened to glance at my shifter and saw "PRNDL". Could the headless joint commander of the Storm Crows have been named after a transmission?

I like it! We never get a chance to find out whether he has "shifting" loyalties, but maybe he would have reversed course if he had the chance. ;) 

Given all the hand symbolism in the books, I would not put it past GRRM to play around with contrasts between manual transmission and automatic. 

In addition to the severed heads that Daario brings to Daenerys, he always carries and fondles the heads of two weapons with handles shaped like women. Maybe these are gear shifts and Daario is symbolically driving a vehicle when he strokes these heads. But more analysis and a search for subtle clues would be necessary to substantiate this, if it is true.

I do think the Ghiscari names in the books could hold some clues for us. For instance, I suspect that Hizdahr zo Loraq is wordplay on Wizard (Hizdahr) of Oz (zo). The fighting pit is a complicated rainbow when you analyze the colors worn by spectators and Dany flies "somewhere over the rainbow" when she climbs onto Drogon's back for the first time. 

Maybe other Ghiscari names also carry hidden meanings.

Archived