Dark Sword painted miniatures for auction

KatieG

If anyone is interested, I have started a blog on livejournal to document my painting commissions, both for clients and anyone interested. I'm going to go into at least a little detail on how I assemble and paint these guys, so those who just might be curious about that aspect should check it out.

KatieG's weblog

Hey Katie,

Is there any way you can post a picture of how small these things actually are. I have never bought or collected or even seen anything like this before. I gather they are small but looking at some of your pictures on your blog I get the impression that they could be tiny. I thought that they were a few inches tall but I think that might be way off. Could you maybe post a picture with a quarter next to one so I could get a really good Idea.

I was really impressed with your work before but that is when I thought they were about 3 or 4 inches tall. If they are as small as I think they might be I am amazed at your work.

I saw on one you had to drill a hole into the hand and insert a small pin to attach it to the body (arm) WOW!

These guys are about 28mm scale. The "scale" system can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, but what that more or less means is that a 6' tall individual will measure 28mm from head to toe. So most of these guys are a little more than an inch tall. I'll post a picture with a size reference next time I get a chance. I probably won't get to do any more painting until Saturday, so potentially Saturday night or Sunday I can update the blog.

If you've ever seen any Warhammer miniatures, they are about the same scale.

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted pictures of Jon and the members of the Night's Watch here:

KatieG's blog

I also posted some pictures of Jon with a ruler and a quarter next to him so you can get an idea of the size of these guys.

This is the second time I painted Jon and the first I painted the members of the Night's Watch. Simple figures (except for Jon), but nice. All that black was a real challenge though.

Archived