Ruby Ford

KatieG

Hey guys,

I couldn't find the old Ruby Ford thread, so I thought I'd start a new one showing it partially painted. I've slowly but surely been working on the Testor's Ruby Ford set from back in the day... I know it didn't work out so well for a lot of people, but I have to say it was a nice product for those of us that paint miniatures (and didn't have to worry about them falling apart in shipping).

I've got both Robert and Rhaegar to a point where I am comfortable showing them off, though understand it is still a work in progress... but I am to the point where I can see the finish line at least. You can take a look by checking out my blog [url="http://asoifpainter.livejournal.com/"]HERE.[/url] Any feedback on the blog or here is welcome...

[quote name='KatieG' post='1302507' date='Apr 5 2008, 23.52']Hey guys,

I couldn't find the old Ruby Ford thread, so I thought I'd start a new one showing it partially painted. I've slowly but surely been working on the Testor's Ruby Ford set from back in the day... I know it didn't work out so well for a lot of people, but I have to say it was a nice product for those of us that paint miniatures (and didn't have to worry about them falling apart in shipping).

I've got both Robert and Rhaegar to a point where I am comfortable showing them off, though understand it is still a work in progress... but I am to the point where I can see the finish line at least. You can take a look by checking out my blog [url="http://asoifpainter.livejournal.com/"]HERE.[/url] Any feedback on the blog or here is welcome...[/quote]

Awesome Katie!

By the time I tried to order a Ruby Ford set Testors was already done. GLad its working out for you!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, that's really very nice. Great work.

Man - that dang helmet with the horns really wouldn't be very practical in real life would it?

[quote name='McCloskey' post='1309670' date='Apr 10 2008, 19.04']Awesome Katie!

By the time I tried to order a Ruby Ford set Testors was already done. GLad its working out for you![/quote]

[quote name='Chairman7w' post='1321101' date='Apr 19 2008, 20.07']Yeah, that's really very nice. Great work.

Man - that dang helmet with the horns really wouldn't be very practical in real life would it?[/quote]

It's not very practical even in miniature... I've already had to bend them back into their proper places at least half a dozen times...

Archived