Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430052' date='Jul 7 2008, 06.53']Whitehill had no reason to say you weren't SK [b]unless[/b] he intended to claim guard later. Evidently, it was secret message to be dechifered later. That is, a code.[/quote]

Whitehill said he didn't [i]think[/i] I was the SK. I'm sure there are loads of similar quotes spread across the thread by each and every one of us (so and so doesn't sound like a FM/SK, I don't think so-and-so is guilty, etc.). It doesn't mean anything. I said not too long ago that I didn't think Brax fit the SK profile. Does that make me a guard too?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430055' date='Jul 7 2008, 06.59']About setup: Shabba might be lazy mod, but it is really uninteresting and dull to use old setup with no tweaks at all. Besides, I believe SK won that game (am I right?), so it made sense to make him a bit weaker by replacing healer with guard.[/quote]

Maybe, but I don't think it's likely (and would you said this game or setting has been uninteresting and dull if Whitehill is lying? I certainly wouldn't. I've had loads of fun!).

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430062' date='Jul 7 2008, 07.07']SK kills one of us, claims he guarded someone and we vote off an innocent, SK wins.[/quote]Brax, again: he can't claim to guard anybody he wants. He should guard whom we order him to guard, that is, Strong. If later he will say he guarded anybody else, we'll lynch him momentally.

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1430079' date='Jul 7 2008, 07.19']Whitehill said he didn't [i]think[/i] I was the SK. I'm sure there are loads of similar quotes spread across the thread by each and every one of us[/quote]I can't agree with this, because I've noticed that words of Whitehill early enough and understood them - then, not now - as being quite sure. I even wanted to ask him why he was so sure about you, but was afflicted by other staff.
[quote]and would you said this game or setting has been uninteresting and dull if Whitehill is lying? I certainly wouldn't. I've had loads of fun!)[/quote]I meant, dull for mods, not for players.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430081' date='Jul 7 2008, 08.20']Brax, again: he can't claim to guard anybody he wants. He should guard whom we order him to guard, that is, Strong. If later he will say he guarded anybody else, we'll lynch him momentally.[/quote]

It will all hinge on if Stoney is modkilled or not. Without Stone, we can't win if Whitehill has lied, with Stone, we still can.

This sucks. We need Stoney to get back on line. We have 4 hours left.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430092' date='Jul 7 2008, 07.32']It will all hinge on if Stoney is modkilled or not.[/quote]Oh, yes, modkill. It changes things, agreed.
[quote]We have 4 hours left.[/quote]Six hours. Targ didn't change the counter after extension.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430101' date='Jul 7 2008, 13.38']Six hours. Targ didn't change the counter after extension.[/quote]

Oops.

I did set it up, just never changed the sig. :blush:

And don't worry about Mods being board, we are swapping cake recipies in the mod forum :P

Team Humanities FTW!

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1430107' date='Jul 7 2008, 08.45']Team Humanities FTW![/quote]

Ha! The mods are on my side! :D :P

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430110' date='Jul 7 2008, 08.49']Brax, if [i]innocent[/i] Strong will be modkilled, we have no chances at all. There will be two baddies vs two innocents, even if we lynch one, another will kill somebody and win in 1-1 ending.[/quote]

Yeah, I realized that. We have almost no chance at this point. I am starting to convince myself that Whitehill is the SK. He has been on my list of SK from near the beginning. I wanted to hear from Strong just to be sure, but it doesn't look like that will happen. Three of the 4 of us need to come to an agreement, or we will go to night without a lynch. I am sure Tyrell won't change his mind. I am not sure about Whitehill though. He was very set on Strong, and if we don't lynch strong, he still has a chance to post and not be mod killed. I have a hard time seeing Whitey change his mind under these conditions. It is still up to you and I to choose.

edit a typo :rolleyes:

[quote name='Tyrell']I insist Whitehill doesn't guard people, he eats them. And I'm not the FM, one of Strong and Brax is, so you'd get two deaths tonight.[/quote]

You insist? Based on what?

If I was the SK why would I clear both you and Templeton of being the SK? Why wouldn't I claim to have guarded Fell or Grandison or any one of the other more convenient options on night 3?

Reality is, if Strong is lynched and doesn't turn out to be the SK, I have made an instant enemy in Brax. Why would I set things up like that? It would make things infinitely more difficult for me.

Would have been much easier to just claim I guarded somebody else on night 3 and leave Templeton as an SK suspect. Then, if Strong didn't turn out to be the SK, I'd still have some fog of war between Templeton and Brax, and I'd still be able to try to work them against each other.

So, new plan. We wait until, say, five minutes before end of day. If Strong won't arrive, we count him dead and guilty (because otherwise we lose). And go to night without lynch. At night, somebody is killed, three players left, we try to lynch last baddie.
If Strong will arrive, we'll lynch whom we will decide to lynch. Preferably, Strong or Tyrell. I still think that lynching Whitehill is least safe move. It's putting everything on one card.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430121' date='Jul 7 2008, 08.02']Yeah, I realized that. We have almost no chance at this point. I am starting to convince myself that Whitehill is the SK. He has been on my list of SK from near the beginning. I wanted to hear from Strong just to be sure, but it doesn't look like that will happen.[/quote]

Ummm....Strong was on your list of SK from the beginning too. It was me, Strong, and Egen. Right?

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430133' date='Jul 7 2008, 09.13']Ummm....Strong was on your list of SK from the beginning too. It was me, Strong, and Egen. Right?[/quote]

Yes. And I haven't voted as I am trying to decide between the two of you. I just have such a hard time in this position. I can never tell when certain people are telling the truth or not.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430138' date='Jul 7 2008, 08.17']Yes. And I haven't voted as I am trying to decide between the two of you. I just have such a hard time in this position. I can never tell when certain people are telling the truth or not.[/quote]

I'm telling the truth. I know that meta-related doubts are coming into play for you right now. And there's not much I can do about that, except to ask you to look back at my reveal post. Look at the things I said after I guarded Tyrell and Templeton. Why would I drop Tyrell to the very bottom of my SK suspect list if I didn't know that he wasn't the SK? Why, on day 4, would I ignore the possibility of Templeton having dead FM partners if I didn't already [u]know[/u] that he couldn't have been a lone FM as of night 3?

And why would I clear both Tyrell and Templeton of being SK when I didn't have to?

Please don't let your meta concerns get in the way of the evidence.

[size=4] Please read and PM me if its not clear [/size] We will not change our minds again.

After carefully reviewing the situation, and giving all players a chance to speak to the Mods. ( As well as giving myself a major headache) I would like to make things very clear.

The Day END Counter is correct (unless the board goes down) And to keep things simple Strong will be Modkilled at the exact same time day ends, Unless Strong posts first.

This means if you end the day early, Strong will be mod illed early. (as he/she is now in extension time)

This should stop any questions you are bound to ask me about "If Strong sent a provisional night action before he/she went AWOL, will it still be in effect?" This is not saying if Strong has any night action, I am just sure someone would ask.

[size=4] You Have 4 hours remaining [/size]

And please stop trying to Metagame Strong's Zombieness. We allowed Strong to live for humanitarian reasons, because your mods are really nice people and want everyone to have fun.

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1430232' date='Jul 7 2008, 09.30']And please stop trying to Metagame Strong's Zombieness.[/quote]As you say.

Still, Whitehill, you you want my support, try to discuss something other than lynching Strong and you own innocence. I almost trusted you after the reveal, but your last posts make me wonder.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430246' date='Jul 7 2008, 10.42']As you say.

Still, Whitehill, you you want my support, try to discuss something other than lynching Strong and you own innocence. I almost trusted you after the reveal, but your last post make me wonder.[/quote]

If whitehill is the SK, he will win no matter what now. I've figured it up every way possible.

[b]unvote.[/b] I was being too hasty before. I need to think just a little more.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430246' date='Jul 7 2008, 09.42']Still, Whitehill, you you want my support, try to discuss something other than lynching Strong and you own innocence. I almost trusted you after the reveal, but your last posts make me wonder.[/quote]

I had to rush this morning to get ready for work, and I just spent the past hour driving. I didn't have time to discuss much of anything.

I'm here now, and have time to post. Give me a second.

Archived