Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

I'm here too, but I'm at work, so don't expect me to make any more cases. I think voting for night is stupid. We get two kills tonight if Strong isn't evil (and I insist my top suspects are Whitehill and Brax), [i]plus[/i] a Strong modkill.

I'm not changing my vote. I know I'm innocent, I'm convinced I'm right and it's much too late in the game for compromise lynches or voting for second best.

If you guys don't agree you can lynch Strong, me or whoever you want. I think Templeton is the only innocent amongst the present living and he refuses to listen, Whitehill won't either (for obvious reasons) and Brax is just playing around exactly the same as yesterday. Quite frankly, I give up. I think I've done all I could.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430247' date='Jul 7 2008, 09.44']Good thought. Who wants that Strong? [b]Night.[/b][/quote]

Can you explain this idea? Why would going to night be a better idea than lynching Strong or waiting for him to be modkilled?

[quote name='Templeton']Whitehill, what you think about my Tyrell plan?[/quote]

Your plan is for us to lynch Tyrell and then have me guard Strong tonight? Need to go through the permutations.

If Strong is the SK and Tyrell is the lone FM, then yeah, that works out well.

If Brax is the SK, any combination of Strong and/or Tyrell is the FM, and Strong is modkilled, then I would actually end up guarding Brax instead (Strong would obviously no longer be an option). There wouldn't be any kill, and we'd have a final day where Temple decides between me and Brax.

If Brax is the SK, any combination of Strong and/or Tyrell is the FM, and Strong is not modkilled, I would guard Strong. Then one of 4 things could happen.

1) Brax could kill Strong. Sets up a final day of Temple deciding between me and Brax.

2) Brax could kill me. Sets up a final day of Temple deciding between Strong and Brax. But this seems very unlikely, because Temple would know that Strong was guarded, so he'd just vote for Brax. So this almost certainly wouldn't happen.

3) Brax could kill Temple. Sets up a final day of chaos. The only way Strong (the FM in this scenario) would be able to win is if he convinced me to lynch Brax. Brax on the other hand would be able to lynch either of us and win. The innocents would be doomed to a loss either way.

4) Brax could withhold his kill. Leaves 4 players - Temple, Brax, Strong, me. Strong is framed as the SK and we probably lynch him. When we fail to get a CF, Brax and I go after each other. There's no kill that night (all the FM would be dead in this scenario). Final day is Temple deciding between me and Brax.

So, to summarize.

-If Strong = SK and Tyrell = FM --> innocents win

-If Brax = SK and Tyrell/Strong = FM and Strong is modkilled --> final day is Temple deciding between me and Brax

-If Brax - SK and Tyrell/Strong = FM and Strong is not modkilled --> 2/3 chance of final day being Temple deciding between me and Brax....1/3 chance of innocents losing no matter what

Since I suspect Strong more than Brax, I think the innocents would end up winning. And in almost every other scenario, at the very least the decision wouldn't automatically cost us the game. So, yeah...I'd consider voting for Tyrell and guarding Strong tonight. But I'd still rather lynch Strong.

[quote name='Templeton']And what you think about first Strong modkill?[/quote]

Looks like Strong is going to be modkilled at the very end of the day. I'd be fine with waiting until the very end and then lynching him with 5-10 minutes left. I would hate to have him come back with 1 minute left, when its possibly too late for us to get any sort of lynch today, so I'd want to play it safe and not rely completely on the modkill. But I don't object to giving him as much time as possible to return to the game.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430312' date='Jul 7 2008, 10.22']Can you explain this idea? Why would going to night be a better idea than lynching Strong or waiting for him to be modkilled?[/quote]It isn't better, it's just the same.
[quote]So, yeah...I'd consider voting for Tyrell and guarding Strong tonight.[/quote]Ok, consider, pls. Especially for the situation where Strong would appear in close future. Evidently, he would vote you over himself, but he might vote Tyrell.

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1430311' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.22']Brax is just playing around exactly the same as yesterday. Quite frankly, I give up. I think I've done all I could.[/quote]

I am not playing around. :angry: It really sucks when you know that the the choice you make can determine the game. I don't want to be wrong. I'm battling gut v reason right now. Since reason supports gut (if only a little) I have to listen. I really think [b]Whitehill[/b] is the SK and Tryell (or Strong) the FM. The Sk has to die today for the innocents to win.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430330' date='Jul 7 2008, 10.33']Ok, consider, pls. Especially for the situation where Strong would appear in close future. Evidently, he would vote you over himself, but he might vote Tyrell.[/quote]

Is your suggestion to lynch Tyrell right now? Or to wait and see if Strong is going to appear?

If we get near the end of the day and Strong isn't here, would you rather lynch Tyrell or Strong?

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430342' date='Jul 7 2008, 10.48']I am not playing around. :angry: It really sucks when you know that the the choice you make can determine the game. I don't want to be wrong. I'm battling gut v reason right now. Since reason supports gut (if only a little) I have to listen. I really think [b]Whitehill[/b] is the SK and Tryell (or Strong) the FM. The Sk has to die today for the innocents to win.[/quote]

What the fuck. I'm not the SK. I really am the Guard.

Why are you all of a sudden ignoring your previous suspicion on Strong being the SK?

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430342' date='Jul 7 2008, 10.48']I really think [b]Whitehill[/b] is the SK and Tryell (or Strong) the FM. The Sk has to die today for the innocents to win.[/quote]

And what is your response to the evidence that I'm the Guard? Why are you ignoring that?

Seriously, what the hell. This is fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430348' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.53']And what is your response to the evidence that I'm the Guard? Why are you ignoring that?

Seriously, what the hell. This is fucking ridiculous.[/quote]

ok, let me ask a couple of quick questions: When did you suspect Tyrell enough to guard him? If he wasn't the SK, did you think him a likely FM? You could have made a case against him yesterday as an FM instead of Strong. Why haven't you made a case on him. You have led all the lynches except the Myatt one. You are highly logical and reasonable and we would have listened. We have pretty much narrowed down the FM to Tyrell and the SK to either you or Strong. You want me to believe you hadn't already come to this conclussion? Why didn't you push Tyrell yesterday? I could only come up with one answer to this.

It is day 6.

5 players remain: Brax, Strong, Templeton, Tyrell, Whitehill.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Whitehill (Tyrell, Brax)
1 vote for Strong (Whitehill)
1 vote for Night (Templeton)

1 players have not voted: Strong.

Tempelton also Voted for "Unless" Please don't bold words if you don't intend to vote for the bolded word.

2 hours and 30 mins remaining

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430344' date='Jul 7 2008, 10.50']Is your suggestion to lynch Tyrell right now? Or to wait and see if Strong is going to appear?[/quote]
I'd wait.
Anyway, you already see we can't lynch Strong, even if I'll support you.
[quote]If we get near the end of the day and Strong isn't here, would you rather lynch Tyrell or Strong?[/quote]I suppose I overestimated my ability to be here until the end of day. Another 2,5 hours are too long for me. Most likely, I'll go to bed much earlier. I won't vote you and voting Strong seems senseless now.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430357' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.00']ok, let me ask a couple of quick questions: When did you suspect Tyrell enough to guard him?[/quote]

Like I said, it was day 1. The choice was relatively random, because the only person who I didn't suspect was Egen. Tyrell fit the CB profile, which I believe applies to both SK and FM. So I rolled the dice and guarded him.

[quote]We have pretty much narrowed down the FM to Tyrell and the SK to either you or Strong. You want me to believe you hadn't already come to this conclussion? Why didn't you push Tyrell yesterday? I could only come up with one answer to this.[/quote]

You seem to be ignoring the fact that, from my perspective, you are still an SK suspect.

Why aren't you answering any of my questions? You're just ignoring the evidence that shows I'm the Guard. Its pretty damn annoying.

Would you vote for Tyrell today?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430372' date='Jul 7 2008, 12.21']New thought: If I vote Whitehill now, it would kill both Whitehill and Strong, leaving me, Tyrell and Brax. Then, both Tyrell and Brax can win if guilty. Brax, do you want this?[/quote]

I am not guilty. If strong is the FM and Whitey the SK, we win. If Strong is innocent, we have no chance to win. End games can be the biggest headache. I keep going over all possible senerios and trying to figure out what is right. It all comes down to believing the guard claim or not. We both have our doubts...it just seemed like time to cast the die. (not literally)

All right, I just want to tell you people that my boss took me into her office to explain to me that if I was found checking this forum again at work, I would be fired.

I have no idea if I'll have internett when I get back home. The thunderstorm knocked out everything, including phone and tv, so I dunno how long it will take.

If this extends my ability to play by another 24 hours then good, but I cannot promise anything about participation.

Ok. I vote [b]Tyrell[/b]. If Strong will come and vote Whitehill, i can do nothing about this. If Strong won't come, it would be night and Strong's modkill. If Strong will come and vote Tyrell, Whitehill can finish Tyrell. Generally, it's best I can do. I'll be online for another 10-15 minutes, so if you want to change my decision, do try.

[quote name='House Strong' post='1430378' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.29']All right, I just want to tell you people that my boss took me into her office to explain to me that if I was found checking this forum again at work, I would be fired.[/quote]Too bad. So, you won't vote today and you won't be modkilled. And if you were guilty, you could still post from some internet-cafe. Give me some more minutes to think.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1430391' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.42']Too bad. So, you won't vote today and you won't be modkilled. And if you were guilty, you could still post from some internet-cafe. Give me some more minutes to think.[/quote]

I'm going to try to not meta this too much, but he risked being fired to come on and post and avoid a modkill. Pretty sure that counts as caring about preserving his life in the game, at the very least. Maybe he didn't case a vote because he just didn't have time to check the vote count.

Anyway.....looks like its my only option. [b]Tyrell[/b] At least it gives us a chance to win.

Brax, please reconsider.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430402' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.47']Pretty sure that counts as caring about preserving his life in the game, at the very least.[/quote]That counts as caring not to ruin the game, though I can't understand if he is guilty or not. Of course, he didn't vote because he has no chance to read the day.
Strong, my best wishes...

It is day 6.

5 players remain: Brax, Strong, Templeton, Tyrell, Whitehill.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Tyrell (Templeton, Whitehill)
2 votes for Whitehill (Tyrell, Brax)

1 players have not voted: Strong.

1.5 hrs left

[quote name='House Strong' post='1430378' date='Jul 7 2008, 11.29']All right, I just want to tell you people that my boss took me into her office to explain to me that if I was found checking this forum again at work, I would be fired.[/quote]

That sucks to the skies... I don't think you'll be modkilled, but maybe the day will end without you having the opportunity to vote. I thank god every day there's no IT department monitoring my internet activity where I work.

It's grand that Whitehill is voting for a person whom according to his phony guard results can't be the SK on a day where lynching the SK is crucial.

Archived