Questions about mod

Kingslander

Now, I'm more of a Rome: total war player than Medieval 2 (I've never owned a copy of it), but I'd be willing to get it is this mod was coming out. I have a few questions:

1. Is this mod still active? There are some posts asking the same question and getting no real answer, but I've seen recent activity... so is it still going ahead?

2. Will there be any factions besides the main houses (Stark, Tully, Arryn, Lannister, both Baratheons, Greyjoy), such as Targaryen, Wildlings/King-beyond-the-Wall, or perhaps some of the slaver cities or even Qarth? If there are no slaver cities, where will Dany be based (I'm assuming she'd start out in Astapor or Qarth)?

3. Another Dany issue - if Targaryen is going to be a valid playable faction (which it should be), how will Dany be able to get enough money and troops to challenge Westeros? Sure we could give her some starting gold and say it was funding from Illyrio, which would mean she could hire Unsullied near Astapor as mercenaries, as well as generic sellswords, but even if you made Astapor, Meereen, and Yunkai all very large and very rich, Dany simply wouldn't be able to get it together in time to beat the other factions, and by the time she reached Westeros there would probably only be a couple of factions left.

4. How would you increase the Targaryen aggressiveness to keep them (when they are being played by AI) from simply sitting in Astapor, Meereen, and Yunkai, and consolidating power for the whole game?

5. A final Dany issue, and probably the most pressing - GENDER. With the Total War rules, only males can be faction leaders and generals. Even if you cheated and made Dany a male, what would you do when marriage came up? Would she be a lesbian ( :thumbsup: ), or would you find some way to deter Dany from marrying, perhaps a trait? Also, if she died, she'd have the same problem as Stannis and Renly - who would be her heir? Jorah?

The mod is still active, unless something has changed in the last day or two.

Regarding your Dany issues, she's not in as far as I'm aware. Something to do with there being too many issues regarding putting her into the game.

Then again all your questions would be best directed at Gampie, since I'm not a member of the modding team.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten to the punch

It's active.
[url="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721"]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=721[/url]

Dany is out until GRRM reveals more. And to be honest the whole point of Targaryens is the dragons, but they can't be effectively portrayed in M2TW. I know I'd be pretty stumped if Dany lands on Westeros and her dragons turn out to be harmless ancillaries.

Hey Kingslander,

The Mod is still active.

The Mod team decided that it would be more prudent to only include Westeroes from Last Hearth down on the map. So there will be no Free Men or Crows or the Wall. They also decided that due to the lack of info not to include the Free Cities, Asshai by the Shadow, the Slave Cities, Ruins of the Freehold or the Summerlands (Islands?). Its strictly factions that were frictional in Westeroes after the execution of Eddard Stark. There has been speculation of an expansion or update to include Dany when she finally invades. Most likely with the army described in the book. Although that might be in the Winds of Winter or the Dream of Spring....which are a long way off. As to gender, they are going to try to work around that, as many people believe that Asha Greyjoy should be one of the Generals for Greyjoy, and there has been talk of an update that include female fighting characters (at least Asha, but Im hoping for Brienne of Tarth. I think she'd make an entertaining commander.) If you want a more World Spanning game there is one other Total War Mod being made by a fellow King Pietro. His proposed Factions are:
Factions are:

Westerland
Reach
North,
Riverlands,
Dale,
King's Landing,
Iron islands,
Dorne,
Stormlands for Renly,
DragonStone for Stannis,
Pentos,
Braavos,
Dotrhaki,
Targaryen for Dany,
Slavery City,
Night watch,
Free people,
Frey
Bolton

And his map is HUGE!
You can check this mod out at:
[url="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158543&highlight=King+Pietro"]http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread....ght=King+Pietro[/url]
I think its still live too, but I have checked up on it in like a month.

Archived