MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Sumatra']I don't know... but if I was an FM, I wouldn't have any more reason to do that than if I was innocent.[/quote]

Like I said, the reason I think it's suspicious has less to do with your votes and more to do with your contradictory explanations. I don't particularly like how you've reacted to the pressure.

That said, you aren't currently my top choice for a lynch today.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1489560' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.18']TWO HOURS LEFT *agonises*[/quote]

The counter says 2 hours and 40 minutes. Either way, it's time for us to get organized. We need to lynch.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489570' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.23']Like I said, the reason I think it's suspicious has less to do with your votes and more to do with your contradictory explanations.[/quote]
Why would an FM be more likely to make contradictory explanations about this sort of thing?

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489576' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.27']Why would an FM be more likely to make contradictory explanations about this sort of thing?[/quote]

An innocent person can just tell the truth. An FM has to think of a lie. When the FM is further questioned about the lie, they may have difficulty telling a consistent story. Contradictions appear. Not all FM will fall victim to the pressure, but some will.

Of course, there are also a few somewhat incompetent/inexperienced innocents who will also contradict themselves for no good reason. So, to me, its just a red flag. Not an absolute indication of guilt.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489567' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.21']Alright, my vote on Tarina is going nowhere so I am going to switch to Sumatra. The way things are going, this feels like the only way we can possibly get a lynch.[/quote]

How do you feel about the players who have made a few posts, but haven't said anything worthwhile? People like Black Canary, Hard Rock, Helly Kitty, and Pepper. To a lesser extent Couture and Pirate (they at least have 1 or 2 substantial posts).

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489584' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.32']Of course, there are also a few somewhat incompetent/inexperienced innocents who will also contradict themselves for no good reason.[/quote]
People contradict themselves sometimes. Also, I thought about it and didn't see any way to lie so that it would look like I wasn't contradicting myself.

ETA: I've learned a valuable lesson. When playing Mafia, never do anything just because you feel like it. Have a reason for everything, or people will get on your case about it.

I am not going to make it home before the day ends (at least not by much) so I need to try and do this from here.

Our current options look like:

[quote]3 votes for Sumatra-Indonesia (Toujours Couture, Sleepytime Gal, Tarina Tarantino)
2 votes for Hard Rock Cafe (Miss Aquamarine, Jazz Diva)
2 votes for Sleepytime Gal (Hard Rock Cafe, Sumatra-Indonesia)[/quote]

Of the three top picks I do not like Sumatru, however, that is a personal feeling based on style, not on guilt. I really think the case on them is more about style than guilt to.

I disagree with the symp thing, but have never found anything wrong with discussing roles. However, I have to agree in this case, discussing the good roles, when none are listed, is not the best idea.

Both Sumatru and Rocky are voting Sleepy. I have to say, I agree with Sumatru about her. Some of her posts just don’t make any sense, and while I may have gotten confused when one player answered for another, I never have listed myself as a top suspect. I have to say that really bothers me.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489304' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.45']Mind sharing it?

Here is mine, since I neeed to step off for a while:

Would happily lynch: Aqua, Pepper, Sleepy (in that exact order)

Probably wouldn't lynch: Showgirl, PP, Medusa, Couture

Anyone else is in between.[/quote]

I am going to place my vote on [b]Sleepytime Gal [/b]

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489589' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.37']ETA: I've learned a valuable lesson. When playing Mafia, never do anything just because you feel like it. Have a reason for everything, or people will get on your case about it.[/quote]

:lol: That's kind of the way the game works. People do suspicious things. Everyone else attacks them for it. If they can offer a satisfactory explanation, they might live. If not, they get lynched.

Who do you suspect other than Sleepy?

Good grief reading the last twenty posts is painful in the extreme. I was going to say that I find it odd how confused Sumatra claims to have been during the game so far, but I do now sympathise with her to a large extent.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489307' date='Aug 21 2008, 08.48']I never said it wasn't a joke, I just said it was dumb. I didn't accuse you of anything, and I didn't "not have a grip". You seem a bit snappy.

Well just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean other people will.

Well I didn't completely understand your post, but you said it was "unacceptable". Why?

You're suspicious because:

1. You attack a lot.

2. You defend a lot.

2.5. You said yourself that this game is probably two factions, so according to you, the safest place to be is very active. See numbers one and two. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I am posting a lot, but not contributing or arguing nearly as much as you.[/quote]

That's what makes you a bit suspicious to me - why post a lot if you are not going to contribute and argue? I have not made many posts, but I have tried to make them count when I have posted, after all, sometimes less is more. Honestly Sumatra I can't get a read on how you are acting - you seem to me either newish/old but giving the impression of not quite having the hang of it yet or evil deliberately acting erratically so that any slips you make seem in character.

Overall my best guess is you are old but this is your first mafia role so you had/have been trying to reach and maintain top poster status to avoid being lynched and along the way posting so much that you have not kept track quite of what's going on - hence the vote changes and all the confusion following the Cerwyn's Bible and name initialising debacles.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489338' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.01']Is anybody else having a really hard time keeping all the players straight? All these stupid names and avatars are starting to blur for me.[/quote]

Yes, and sorry Sum-Ind but I do find your abbreviations quite unhelpful and that really is going to factor in to my decision on a day one vote (if I find someone else more suspicious than you I'll vote for them but if it's all much of a muchness then I'll vote to reduce future confusion and irritation.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489384' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.24']I don't think that's a good reason. She was just speculating. It's what I would have done, had everyone not pounced on HRC for doing it first.[/quote]

I don't understand this comment, either in terms of you being evil or good. I just can't see any scenario where this statement would benefit you. Hard Rock comes under mild suspicion for suggesting speculation which is likely to benefit baddies more than us, and you say that you would have done the same thing. But you don't give a set of reasons as to why you would do this in terms of helping find baddies, so...I'm just baffled. The only sense I can make of it is that you recognise your behaviour may be seen as suspicious and are seeking to pass yourself of as inexperienced to explain the suspiciousness. Do you have another explanation for this comment? If you really would have advocated such speculation can you tell us why that would help us?

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489418' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.39']There are many reasons why I've seen it done or done it myself, you've touched on only a few. You seem to be very concerned about this though, I take it you find me suspicious for finding you suspicious? :)

Sumatra,
Please type at least the first name instead of TC, TT, etc. Thanks[/quote]

Yes I would like to second this very polite request. It may be a bit more effort for you but as a bit of courtesy it would be helpful if you would give the first word as well as the initials.

So that's my two small denomination coins.

[quote name='Medusa' post='1489593' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.40']Both Sumatru and Rocky are voting Sleepy. I have to say, I agree with Sumatru about her. Some of her posts just don’t make any sense, and while I may have gotten confused when one player answered for another, I never have listed myself as a top suspect. I have to say that really bothers me.

I am going to place my vote on [b]Sleepytime Gal [/b][/quote]

That's a pretty bad reason to vote for somebody. It looks like a simple mistake to me, not a slip that would indicate guilt.

There's pretty much no way I'm voting for Sleepy, unless its necessary to get a lynch. I just went back through her posts, and I agree with her on almost everything. Don't see anything suspicious.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489608' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.49']That's a pretty bad reason to vote for somebody. It looks like a simple mistake to me, not a slip that would indicate guilt.

There's pretty much no way I'm voting for Sleepy, unless its necessary to get a lynch. I just went back through her posts, and I agree with her on almost everything. Don't see anything suspicious.[/quote]

I have 2 minutes...of the top 3 vote getters, I feel she is the better option. When I realized it would be right at the dealine when I got home, I just looked at those 3. I did not have time to look at everyone.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489601' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.45']I don't understand this comment, either in terms of you being evil or good. I just can't see any scenario where this statement would benefit you. Hard Rock comes under mild suspicion for suggesting speculation which is likely to benefit baddies more than us, and you say that you would have done the same thing. But you don't give a set of reasons as to why you would do this in terms of helping find baddies, so...I'm just baffled. The only sense I can make of it is that you recognise your behaviour may be seen as suspicious and are seeking to pass yourself of as inexperienced to explain the suspiciousness. Do you have another explanation for this comment? If you really would have advocated such speculation can you tell us why that would help us?[/quote]

One possible explanation for the comment is if Sumatra is a symp who is trying to lower the level of suspicion on Hard Rock.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489589' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.37']People contradict themselves sometimes. Also, I thought about it and didn't see any way to lie so that it would look like I wasn't contradicting myself.

ETA: I've learned a valuable lesson. When playing Mafia, never do anything just because you feel like it. Have a reason for everything, or people will get on your case about it.[/quote]

That is a valuable lesson indeed and I remember learning just that. It can also help avoid long and tedious discussions later if you state at the time whether each vote is serious or not on day one. Since both innos and evils can get tangles up over issues like this these discussions take away from more valuable arguments. Also, my advice would be that on day one don;t try to post too much - before we have any death information the chances of getting a baddie are slim and by posting a lot, without backing it up by making and chasing strong arguments, just attracts attention to yourself, which no-one of any faction wants to happen. I don't mean to discourage contribution, but I have fallen into the trap of thinking contribution=no. of posts before and I can tell you that that is not the case.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489618' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.54']One possible explanation for the comment is if Sumatra is a symp who is trying to lower the level of suspicion on Hard Rock.[/quote]

Yeh I suppose, but it's a bit of an inept defence in my opinion. Either that or extremely clever somehow.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489623' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.58']Yeh I suppose, but it's a bit of an inept defence in my opinion. Either that or extremely clever somehow.[/quote]

What are your thoughts on the people I listed earlier, who have posted but haven't participated? Black Canary, Hard Rock, Helly Kitty, Pepper, and Pirate.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489601' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.45']Overall my best guess is you are old but this is your first mafia role so you had/have been trying to reach and maintain top poster status to avoid being lynched and along the way posting so much that you have not kept track quite of what's going on - hence the vote changes and all the confusion following the Cerwyn's Bible and name initialising debacles.[/quote]
I am old, but this is my first mafia role? Do you mean old as in age?
[quote]Yes, and sorry Sum-Ind but I do find your abbreviations quite unhelpful and that really is going to factor in to my decision on a day one vote (if I find someone else more suspicious than you I'll vote for them but if it's all much of a muchness then I'll vote to reduce future confusion and irritation.[/quote]
I stopped doing abbreviations.
[quote]I don't understand this comment, either in terms of you being evil or good. I just can't see any scenario where this statement would benefit you. Hard Rock comes under mild suspicion for suggesting speculation which is likely to benefit baddies more than us, and you say that you would have done the same thing. But you don't give a set of reasons as to why you would do this in terms of helping find baddies, so...I'm just baffled. The only sense I can make of it is that you recognise your behaviour may be seen as suspicious and are seeking to pass yourself of as inexperienced to explain the suspiciousness. Do you have another explanation for this comment? If you really would have advocated such speculation can you tell us why that would help us?[/quote]
It's because I like speculating. I don't think Cafe is guilty, although it's hard to tell.
[quote]Yes I would like to second this very polite request. It may be a bit more effort for you but as a bit of courtesy it would be helpful if you would give the first word as well as the initials.[/quote]
Done.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Sumatra-Indonesia, Supergirl, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Sleepytime Gal (Hard Rock Cafe, Sumatra-Indonesia, Medusa)
3 votes for Sumatra-Indonesia (Toujours Couture, Sleepytime Gal, Tarina Tarantino)
2 votes for Hard Rock Cafe (Miss Aquamarine, Jazz Diva)
1 vote for Medusa (Pepper)
1 vote for Miss Aquamarine (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Tarina Tarantino (Preferably Pink)
1 vote for Toujours Couture (Black Canary)

3 players have not voted: Helly Kitty, Supergirl, The Pirate.

1 hour and 36 mins approx

This is pathetic. Pepper, Showgirl, Pink, Canary, Kitty, Supergirl, and Pirate. You all suck. You committed to a game. So step up and vote. Participate.

If you don't, you're going to ruin this game for the rest of us. Which is really selfish.

EDIT - I guess Pink hasn't been bad. He has posted a good amount. Just isn't voting for anybody realistic right now.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489691' date='Aug 21 2008, 16.37']This is pathetic. Pepper, Showgirl, Pink, Canary, Kitty, Supergirl, and Pirate. You all suck. You committed to a game. So step up and vote. Participate.

If you don't, you're going to ruin this game for the rest of us. Which is really selfish.[/quote]
I second that. :cheers:

Archived