MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

Firstly: I'd like to apologise again for not being around much day 1. Unforeseen circumstances meant I was only able to go online for a little while, and no time to post.

Having said that, there's not a lot that this Barbie can draw from day 1 anyway. The cases on Sumatra were superficially sound, but clearly were crap in the end. I'd have gone for it too though, it was plausible, so I can't really complain.

Some little observations:

1) Hey, it's been grounds for suspicion before!

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489336' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.01']Fuck, I meant Sumatra. You can't blame me, both names begin with an S. :blush:[/quote]

2) Terrible attempt at ?fake? symping, eh?!

[quote name='Preferably Pink']Careful, you are patting yourself on the back pretty hard there, I don't want you to get hurt.[/quote]

and sarcasm is noooooo excuse my pretty pink friend :P

(3) From Jazz Diva [quote]1)Middle of the road.

QUOTE (HRC)
Could there be more here than meets the eye?
Somebody asks if she is serious or joking. She responds -
QUOTE (HRC)Only joking... but, hey, it might be.
------------------------
2) QUOTE (HRC)I found myself agreeing with everything written here, and, to be honest, I find Sleepytime Gal's posts to rather empty of substance.

Attacks Sleepy. Says her posts are empty of substance. I agree with nearly everything Sleepy has said so far, meaning I completely disagree with HRC's attack.
---------------------
3) Asks about good roles

QUOTE (HRC)So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?

I've already explained why this is bad in this particular game.[/quote]

The first two reasons I find to be inadequate. I do buy the third reason. But using the first two to back it up detracts from it.

That's about it from the 3 1/2 pages I missed, on first catch-up at least.

I can see I need to buy one of those "Cerwyn's Bible" thingies that seem to be all the rage :o

EDIT: to include Jazz Diva's name for longquote.

One by one, the Barbies rise in the Dollhouse. Some bleach their teeth; Medusa walks around with curlers in her hair, a snake or two hissing for occasional effect. Miss Aquamarine has a green facial cream on that is the very fetching shade of her moniker.

The night has been quiet, unusual for a Dollhouse two college degrees away from a sorority. The Barbies munch on fruit, yogurt, Special K cereal, Slimfast shakes, and in Medusa's case, a litter of baby mice.

However an absence is noted. "Heyy," says Pepper, "where's Sleepytime Gal?"

Tarina Tarantino rolls her eyes. "A wild guess, bimbo, and the first two don't count."

[b]Sleepytime Gal (Ser Spidey) was an Innocent Barbie. She is also unfortunately deader than dead.

[/b]It is day 2.

13 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

13 players have not voted: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.
[b]
[/b](Also this mod apologises for the unfunny scene but really it is almost her bedtime now and she is thus incapable of anything remotely witty. Have fun, players.)[b]
[/b]

Good morning dolls, lets get straight down to business,

On the sleepy kill:

Sleepy posted a tier of suspects

[quote name='Sleepy']Tier 1: Aqua, Pepper
Tier 2: Sumatra, Medusa
Tier 3: Everyone else
Tier 4: Pink, Diva, Couture[/quote]

and some speculation on role distribution:

[quote name='Sleepy']3 FM, with lame innocent roles, 2 FM+2 symps with decent innocent roles, or 3 FM+symp with a great new innocent role made especially for this game+other innocent roles[/quote]

Her reasons for her tier 1 were condensed in this post:

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1488966' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.08']Sure.

Pepper's last post is completely useless and middle of the road. Enough to ganer some suspicion in such a slow and contentless game.

Aqua:

To me, these posts indicate a baddie being accused for the wrong reasons, getting irritated by it. I was in a simmilar situation myself a few times. Plus, her posts seem forced to me-I guess you could call it bad vibes.[/quote]

I'm not sure I agree with her that much as far as suspicions go (except in that we both suspected Sumatra), but I'll do some re-reading and see.

12 players left, I suppose. Still 7 to lynch.

The kill was predictable, alas.

For now, I tend to believe Pinky, Jazz diva and Toujours, who are another active and contributive players.

I also don't suspect Hard Rock Cafe. Yeah, discussing good roles is potenitally harmful for our side, but it's too common opinion and I don't think a killer would make mistake of suggesting such dscussion. Too evident (and not wild enough to count as Swann defence). This leaves seven players to choose from, too many, up to my tastes, to make any fast justified decision. I'd prefer to lynch some low poster, such as [b]Black Canary[/b] (going in abc order).

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

1 vote for Black Canary (The Showgirl)

11 players have not voted: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, Toujours Couture.

After a re-read I think I'm going to put a vote on [b]Medusa[/b]. I really didn't like this post, I think the reasons given to suspect Sleepy sound rather phony:

[quote name='Medusa' post='1489593' date='Aug 21 2008, 21.40']I am not going to make it home before the day ends (at least not by much) so I need to try and do this from here.

Our current options look like:

Of the three top picks I do not like Sumatru, however, that is a personal feeling based on style, not on guilt. I really think the case on them is more about style than guilt to.

I disagree with the symp thing, but have never found anything wrong with discussing roles. However, I have to agree in this case, discussing the good roles, when none are listed, is not the best idea.

Both Sumatru and Rocky are voting Sleepy. I have to say, I agree with Sumatru about her. Some of her posts just don’t make any sense, and while I may have gotten confused when one player answered for another, I never have listed myself as a top suspect. I have to say that really bothers me.

I am going to place my vote on [b]Sleepytime Gal [/b][/quote]

She was also in Sleepy's tier 2, which would kind of make sense for a kill.

All in all it was a rather poor day one, though. I'm hoping we get more activity today.

Ok I've been doing a bit of reading and I am left wanting to investigate [b]Helly Kitty[/b] some more.
Granted she has been busy with stuff but she has only one substantial post - creating an argument against Sumatra. This was at a point where Sumatra was joint top number of votes on her and I have this feeling that it would be easy for an FM to have seen her there, decided there was enough material to construct a case, and be seen to be contributing.

She later expresses some feeling that it is not fair to vote low posters simply for being low posters, as she explains she was in a position where it was difficult for her to post lots. The implication is we shouldn't vote for her either and I don't like this deflection of potential suspicion.

Also towards the end she tells Jazz that she should vote on whom she thinks is guilty regardless of vote number already on them. This could make sense if Helly is trying to get a vote away from Hard Rock her partner and that's the only explanation I can think of at this minute.

So I am not convinved of Helly's guilt, but given she has stated she is a competitive soul, I'd like to hear more from her.

Oh and I'd say that at the moment I trust Preferably Pink, Jazz Diva and Tarina. The first two are copied from Sleepy's list since I don't know why Sleepy would have been killed by someone she suspected least, and I also don't suspect Tarina. Of course I could well be wrong but those are my feelings at the moment.

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1490265' date='Aug 22 2008, 03.51']After a re-read I think I'm going to put a vote on [b]Medusa[/b]. I really didn't like this post, I think the reasons given to suspect Sleepy sound rather phony:

She was also in Sleepy's tier 2, which would kind of make sense for a kill.

All in all it was a rather poor day one, though. I'm hoping we get more activity today.[/quote]

I had only a few minutes left and didn't think I would make it home beforethe end of the day. There were no REAL reasons to suspect any of the top 3 vote getters...I felt I had to pick one of them, so I did my best given the time and choices I had.

Well it looks like an interesting turn of events. Now we have a lot of information to go on. But can we make sense of it all.

I have suspicious feelings about Medusa and Tarina Tarantino, but I can't find justification for those suspicions. I need to keep looking.

[quote name='Pepper' post='1490407' date='Aug 22 2008, 08.54']Well it looks like an interesting turn of events. Now we have a lot of information to go on. But can we make sense of it all.

I have suspicious feelings about Medusa and Tarina Tarantino, but I can't find justification for those suspicions. I need to keep looking.[/quote]

Keep looking? [i]Keep looking?![/i] What the hell. When did you ever [i]start[/i] looking?!?!

[b]Pepper[/b]

Will say more when I have time later.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1490420' date='Aug 22 2008, 15.03']Keep looking? [i]Keep looking?![/i] What the hell. When did you ever [i]start[/i] looking?!?!

[b]Pepper[/b]

Will say more when I have time later.[/quote]

WTF Bitch. What ever did I do to you.

<slaps Jazz Diva>

Archived