MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

I'll throw my vote on [b]Hard Rock[/b] for now.

I'm still far from happy with Helly Kitty or Jazz Diva either. Though I thoroughly agree with the latter that the game is rather dead.

Re: Medusa - she is nicely removing her own self from the list of low players, by doing her one-post-per-each reads of players. Interesting, no?

[quote name='The Pirate' post='1491370' date='Aug 22 2008, 23.56']Medusa is smelling a little fishier by the moment. She had some odd comments on day 1 and wierd slips. Now she's tring to be oh so helpful without really saying much at all. I understand that she's trying to find a reason to vote a low poster, but the problem is that her focus then remains on the low posters, and not who might actually be guilty. Tarina, you're still not off the hook (arrrr :pirate:), but I'm voting [b]Medusa[/b][/quote]

I think we are smelling the same rotten fish. Don't have time to go back and cite specifics, nut Tarina and [b]Medusa[/b] are my top two suspects as well.

[quote name='Medusa' post='1491154' date='Aug 22 2008, 14.42']I am just about out of time and will get to the last 4 low posters when I get home.[/quote]

[quote name='Medusa' post='1491342' date='Aug 22 2008, 17.18']If I am going to vote a low poster, I want a reason BESIDES the post count. That is what I am looking at.[/quote]

That doesn't look like everybody to me.

[quote name='Pepper' post='1491447' date='Aug 22 2008, 19.56']I think we are smelling the same rotten fish. Don't have time to go back and cite specifics, nut Tarina and [b]Medusa[/b] are my top two suspects as well.[/quote]
Well, count me convinced.

My vote is staying on Pepper for now.

[quote name='The Pirate' post='1491448' date='Aug 22 2008, 19.58']That doesn't look like everybody to me.[/quote]

Did you see that word "IF" you quoted?

Did you read the previous conversations about voting low posters?

Really Pirate, what have you done? Before you start casting stones, you might want to look in a mirror.

[quote name='Pepper' post='1491447' date='Aug 22 2008, 19.56']I think we are smelling the same rotten fish. Don't have time to go back and cite specifics, nut Tarina and [b]Medusa[/b] are my top two suspects as well.[/quote]

So is this the 3rd time you have voted for me without a reason? Or only the 2nd? :rolleyes: I was just reading you, btw. Not much there, 7 posts and 8 lines total. Nicely done.

Frackin' hell. I never thought I'd be away so much these first few days. Let me catch up again and I will offer some thoughts.

I wanted to offer some last night but didn't want to voice them during night. At that point I wasn't sitting well with Diva (whom others seem to trust?) Like I said - let me refresh my memory and catch up for real.

Some of the things talked about today that I most agree with is that we shouldn't take Sleepy's list as a basis for much - don't ignore it, but the WIFOM with it is too much. My take was that Sleepy was seen as a player who was getting things done - getting people to talk, taking the lead, etc. It doesn't really matter if his list is right or wrong right now because it's going to change and Sleepy is a dangerous type of player for the FM. So yeah - enough with the list (and yes, I know I was at the top - doesn't make what I said any less valid)

[quote]My vote is staying on Pepper for now.[/quote]

I'm with you on Pepper. I looked at some of her posts, and am now much more sure in my suspicions.

[quote]Well it looks like an interesting turn of events. Now we have a lot of information to go on. But can we make sense of it all.

I have suspicious feelings about Medusa and Tarina Tarantino, but I can't find justification for those suspicions. I need to keep looking.[/quote]

[quote]WTF Bitch. What ever did I do to you.

<slaps Jazz Diva>[/quote]

[quote]I think we are smelling the same rotten fish. Don't have time to go back and cite specifics, nut Tarina and Medusa are my top two suspects as well.[/quote]

There is everything Pepper has said on day 2. In the first post she states her suspicious feelings, but never backs them up. In the second post we have some RP. And, finally, she jumps on Pirate's ship (oh, I'm good), without giving any reasons of her own. And, as I said before, her defense to Jazz Diva's suspicions seems a little [i]too[/i] laid back to these eyes.

So my vote goes to [b]Pepper[/b]

Edit: Oh, and thanks for explaining what CF meant, I see now why it would be unwise to talk much about it. We have everything to lose in such a discussion.

[quote name='Black Canary' post='1491063' date='Aug 22 2008, 14.36']Jazz Diva, you are one of my top suspects at the moment.

Though you have posted a lot, and are anxious to make a contribution - and are eager for others to do so too - a lot of it is bluster; Demanding things of people and complaining about a lot. You're being over-aggressive and going after people who are remotely playing it safe; [u]not everybody who seems to be playing it safe is guilty![/u]

That said, not every belligerent player is guilty either; but it always raises my own suspicions of a player.[/quote]

Innocent players don't have any reason to play it safe.

As for the rest of your post...I'm too aggressive? Not even worth a response. :rolleyes:

Pink - I can't say what I want to say to you right now. Suffice it to say, it's not nice.

How dare you complain about the low posters all the while saying - just post and all will be forgiven and then when I FINALLY break away from real life responsibilities and try to begin playing the game like I want to you completely dismiss it like I am worthless.

My stress level this week has been OVER THE TOP INSANE to the point of tears. I want to play this game, it's fun to play this game and I need a distraction right now. I apologize that I am not playing up to your standard, whatever that is but give me a freaking break and grow up.

[quote name='Helly Kitty' post='1491097' date='Aug 22 2008, 14.55']My point was if you have your own thoughts on a player, post them whether they've got the most votes or not.

I'd like to clear this up since it doesn't make sense to anyone else, so please ask me about it.[/quote]

That's not what you said. At all. Here's what you said -

[quote name='Kitty']Jazz, since we're in the final hour I suggest you put your vote where it's going to stay based on your own thoughts despite who does or doesn't have votes.[/quote]

Essentially, what you said was "at the end of the day, you should [u]vote for[/u] the person you most suspect, regardless of the number of votes for that person."

There are 2 problems here.

1) Your statement is clearly wrong. Sometimes you have to compromise to get a lynch. And lynching is important in a CF game. Do you disagree?

2) You are now claiming that you said "at the end of the day, you should [u]post your thoughts about[/u] the person you most suspect, regardless of the number of votes for that person." There's a clear difference between voting for a person and posting thoughts about a person. Why are you misrepresenting what you said?

I'd like you to explain both of these things.

Pepper:

Clearly a joke vote:

[quote name='Pepper' post='1488401' date='Aug 20 2008, 22.05']Anyone with a list must be a kidnapper. [b]Medusa[/b] has started the suspicions early.[/quote]

Changed votes to help the lynch (vote 7)

[quote name='Pepper' post='1490407' date='Aug 22 2008, 08.54']Well it looks like an interesting turn of events. Now we have a lot of information to go on. But can we make sense of it all.

I have suspicious feelings about Medusa and Tarina Tarantino, [u]but I can't find justification for those suspicions. I need to keep looking. [/u][/quote]

And 11 hours later this is what you have found from all your looking

Pepper is very suspicious.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1491468' date='Aug 23 2008, 01.19']Innocent players don't have any reason to play it safe.[/quote]

RIs don't. Those with roles have a stronger desire to protect themselves in most cases.

Argh Pepper is suspicious, but she has about 5 posts in the serious phase, which is not enough for me to be able to tell. So [b]Pepper[/b], can you explain your inactivity?

[quote name='The Pirate' post='1491460' date='Aug 22 2008, 20.11']What have I done? I've drawn the spotlight on you, that's what.[/quote]

with nothing to back it up, and no one but the most suspicious person is supporting you, and that is just to save her own neck.

Helly Kitty - Jazz Diva has now said the same as me re: you said something contrary to what you now said you mean.

Can you come up with a satisfactory explanation? Other than "I'm sorry, I meant something else".

I don't like to compromise on strong feelings myself, but I will to get a viable, not totally batshit crazy lynch. Especially on day 1.

And you didn't say just post your thoughts. You said, vote for who you feel like. Granted, there [i]were[/i] invisible words you didn't say. Such as: Even if it stops a lynch. The day 1 lynch, not always useful, always necessary. Had this been taken up by a number of people, it would've derailed the lynch (Which, with hindsight, would not have been so bad, but you didn't know that then!!!)

Hey, I'm sorry if it was just genuine bad wording. Shit happens. But what happens now is that I'm very willing to switch my vote to you.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1491472' date='Aug 22 2008, 20.24']Pink - I can't say what I want to say to you right now. Suffice it to say, it's not nice.

How dare you complain about the low posters all the while saying - just post and all will be forgiven and then when I FINALLY break away from real life responsibilities and try to begin playing the game like I want to you completely dismiss it like I am worthless.

My stress level this week has been OVER THE TOP INSANE to the point of tears. I want to play this game, it's fun to play this game and I need a distraction right now. I apologize that I am not playing up to your standard, whatever that is but give me a freaking break and grow up.[/quote]
You are not worthless, but your post was...I don't understand why people take things so fucking personally. It is reactions like that which end up escalating arguments that have been an issue in the past. Anyways, it may not have been many hours ago. If you were in my position you'd agree with me. You ought to know that what you posted told us absolutely nothing about what you were thinking other than you supposedly think a number of things other people have already said. Also, I wouldn't say that my response to yours was disrespectful enough to warrant any sort of lecture from you. Between the two of us, I don't think I'm the one that needs to do some growing.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1491472' date='Aug 22 2008, 20.24']My stress level this week has been OVER THE TOP INSANE to the point of tears. I want to play this game, it's fun to play this game and I need a distraction right now. I apologize that I am not playing up to your standard, whatever that is but give me a freaking break and grow up.[/quote]

Okay, everyone needs to chill and play nice. Pink, I feel your frustration. This game has been difficult, because of the lack of participation. I think the best response is to just relax, step back, and see the game for what it is - a chance to have fun. I sort of stopped caring about it a few hours ago. I'm going to have fun with it, but I'm not going to worry too much about whether we win or lose.

And Aqua, I hear what you're saying. Life outside the game matters most. Everyone here respects that. At the same time, can you honestly look at the level of participation in this game - look at what we are getting from people like Pepper - and not see why we have been a bit frustrated? Maybe in a normal game, your lack of posts would go unnoticed, and wouldn't elicit a brisk response from Pink. But in this particular one, we've been, for lack of a better term, [i]provoked[/i] by the blatant lack of participation from more than half the people who are playing. I'm sure that everyone wants to stay civil, but sometimes its difficult.

Archived