MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

All you would have needed to say was ... I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you have time. You didn't have to be such a jerk when you don't know the circumstances of why I haven't been posting.

And everyone is saying they don't trust Diva? I thought it was the other way around. Anyway I have to walk away from this right now so don't expect any thoughts soon.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1491472' date='Aug 23 2008, 01.24']Pink - I can't say what I want to say to you right now. Suffice it to say, it's not nice.

How dare you complain about the low posters all the while saying - just post and all will be forgiven and then when I FINALLY break away from real life responsibilities and try to begin playing the game like I want to you completely dismiss it like I am worthless.

My stress level this week has been OVER THE TOP INSANE to the point of tears. I want to play this game, it's fun to play this game and I need a distraction right now. I apologize that I am not playing up to your standard, whatever that is but give me a freaking break and grow up.[/quote]

Go on then, I'll be good cop. Your input is appreciated Aquamarine, but some of us (Preferably included) are of a less forgiving and more impatient temperament than others. You cannot reasonably expect us to know of your circumstances unless you tell us, and although we are sympathetic the worry is that the slowness of the game overall will cost us the victory because without a lot of discussion there is no way for us to puzzle out who the FM are: this you know of course, but I am trying to explain that Preferably Pink's reaction to your post is not borne out of any malice towards you.

So, do you have any other thoughts or suspicions? I really need helping out because although I feel myself vaguely caught up in the Pepper suspicion I am finding this game very tricky.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1491490' date='Aug 22 2008, 20.37']All you would have needed to say was ... I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you have time. You didn't have to be such a jerk when you don't know the circumstances of why I haven't been posting.[/quote]
I did say that. Then you made a post recapping what other people have already said that was more than a little unhelpful to us (and yourself). Second, you said you never thought you'd be away for so long, more in a playful exasperated way (or how I read it at least), so there was no reason to treat you with the kid gloves.
[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1491490' date='Aug 22 2008, 20.37']Anyway I have to walk away from this right now so don't expect any thoughts soon.[/quote]
I am biting my lip very hard right now. Or maybe I should say my hand, so I won't type any more.

Rocky:

Starts off with the lame “symp” clue comments.

Accuses Sleepytime Gal of empty post, yet is also guilty of that at this point. Talks about roles.

Has an acceptable post against Pepper. Backs up what she says, looks at both sides, but fails to commit. (is a little on the wishy washy side, but that could be n00bishness)

Says pretty much what I said about Pepper and this time follows through and votes her.

I want her to post more, but I can’t point to anything really suspicious either.

Now that I have finished the low posters, I will rank them and take a look at the higher posters.

I would rate the low posters as follows (most suspicious first): Pepper, Pirate, Hello Kitty, Showgirl. I have no idea where to place Black Canary. Not overly suspicious of Aquamarine, Rocky and Tarina.

I'll see who I can get done among the higher posters.

edit: ok, there are only 3 left to do (so much for Pirate's bitching about my area of focus)

and the other comment may not have been as nice as it should have been.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1491474' date='Aug 22 2008, 19.25']1) Your statement is clearly wrong. Sometimes you have to compromise to get a lynch. And lynching is important in a CF game. Do you disagree?[/quote]

I don't disagree. In the context of the situation (you were obviously torn between two different people, both of which were lynchable within the time limit) it wasn't unreasonable to tell you to vote for the person you find more suspicious.

[quote]2) You are now claiming that you said "at the end of the day, you should [u]post your thoughts about[/u] the person you most suspect, regardless of the number of votes for that person."[/quote]

I'm not claiming I said that and I'd appreciate it if you stopped lying, it might confuse someone.

I thought illustrating my reasoning by describing what I intended the meaning of what I said to be might help you understand the original comment better.

I am going to thank Pirate for pushing to make sure I did the higher posters too :cheers:

On Toujoures Cuotures:

I didn’t really like her meta gaming Samutra and basing her vote on it. (not a new player, but first time in an evil role comments)

After that, her posts were pretty well reasoned and she seems to back up the things she says. I agree with her on a few things, and while not everything, I can see where she gets her ideas.

The one thing that does bother me about her posts are her middle of the road comments. Nearly every single posts is like this. (sorry, but I wanted to show most of them)

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489698' date='Aug 21 2008, 16.40']But I do think you are a relatively experienced player, but to be honest I find you a bit mystifying overall so I don't trust my own judgments[/quote]

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489750' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.08']I've tried to rank people before and always ended up doing it on gut and not being able to justify it in any way so all I can say now is that I have I want to hear more from Hard Rock because I have a vague suspicion on her based on the speculation and also a slight feeling that Sumatra may be a symp covering for her but no particular stand-outs from the rest. I am inclined to trust you Sleepy, but a skilful FM would probably have the same effect so I don't really trust that feeling.[/quote]

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1490289' date='Aug 22 2008, 05.46']Ok I've been doing a bit of reading and I am left wanting to investigate [b]Helly Kitty[/b] some more.
Granted she has been busy with stuff but she has only one substantial post - creating an argument against Sumatra. This was at a point where Sumatra was joint top number of votes on her and I have this feeling that it would be easy for an FM to have seen her there, decided there was enough material to construct a case, and be seen to be contributing.

She later expresses some feeling that it is not fair to vote low posters simply for being low posters, as she explains she was in a position where it was difficult for her to post lots. The implication is we shouldn't vote for her either and I don't like this deflection of potential suspicion.

Also towards the end she tells Jazz that she should vote on whom she thinks is guilty regardless of vote number already on them. This could make sense if Helly is trying to get a vote away from Hard Rock her partner and that's the only explanation I can think of at this minute.

[u]So I am not convinved of Helly's guilt, but given she has stated she is a competitive soul, I'd like to hear more from her. [/u][/quote]

You have justified your reasons, why soften it up?

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1490291' date='Aug 22 2008, 05.55']Oh and I'd say that at the moment I trust Preferably Pink, Jazz Diva and Tarina. The first two are copied from Sleepy's list since I don't know why Sleepy would have been killed by someone she suspected least, and I also don't suspect Tarina. Of course I could well be wrong but those are my feelings at the moment.[/quote]

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1490724' date='Aug 22 2008, 11.32']Yeh I believe her about that and do sympathise generally with people who want to post but aren't able to, but my paranoid mind saw an FM using that to her advantage. Basically, I don't think we should vote for people simply for being low posters necessarily, but nor should we refrain from voting for them because of their low post count[/quote]

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1491350' date='Aug 22 2008, 18.27']Gosh I was merely asking Medusa how she was getting on since it seems she has done mroe rereading than I have yet got round to.

No, like I said I really have no idea who I think is evil. I will reread and read the cases on offer and come to some conclusions and I just had the notion of asking Medusa if anyone stood out particularly for her at the minute.[/quote]

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1491358' date='Aug 22 2008, 18.44']Yeh I know if I'm honest I'm finding this game really difficult to get my head round and I find it easier to trust than suspect which I know is a dnagerous trait. I haven't had masses of time to d indepth rereads and analysis but I suspect that even if I did the FM are going to elude me.[/quote]

I do not think I have ever seen a player be more middle of the road than this. EVER. She is posting a lot, looking reasonable and nice, but is not really committing on anyone. She rates a tie with Pepper, and in fact, I might prefer her to Pepper.

edit to correct the spelling of TC's name :blush:

[quote name='Medusa' post='1491559' date='Aug 22 2008, 20.35']I would rate the low posters as follows (most suspicious first): Pepper, Pirate, ...[/quote]

Wow, surprising. Pepper has been voting for you for a while and I am voting for you.

[quote name='Medusa' post='1491599' date='Aug 22 2008, 21.07']I am going to thank Pirate for pushing to make sure I did the higher posters too :cheers:[/quote]

:cheers: No problem, mate.

I still think you are doing these rereads so that you can look helpful. If you find some dirt to fling on anyone in the process, sweet.

(you'll want to correct the spelling of TC's name, unless you mean to call her a very nasty word.)

[quote name='The Pirate' post='1491606' date='Aug 22 2008, 22.15']Wow, surprising. Pepper has been voting for you for a while and I am voting for you.

:cheers: No problem, mate.

I still think you are doing these rereads so that you can look helpful. If you find some dirt to fling on anyone in the process, sweet.[/quote]

you certainly don't find the dirt by sitting around making wise cracks. and unlike you and Pepper, I backed up my rankings with actual game based reasons.

It is day 2.

12 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

7 votes are needed for a conviction or 6 to go to night.

3 votes for Medusa (Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, Pepper)
3 votes for Pepper (Preferably Pink, Hard Rock Cafe, Toujours Couture)
1 vote for The Pirate (Jazz Diva)
1 vote for Black Canary (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Black Canary)

3 players have not voted: Helly Kitty, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine.

[b]A note:[/b] players, keep things civil.

[quote name='Medusa' post='1491614' date='Aug 22 2008, 19.27']:blush:[/quote]
Yes, talk about unfortunate...

A reminder: nine hours left. Roled players, send in your provisionals. We can't ever get more of those. Everyone, send in your thoughts. Those we can't ever stop laughing at ;)

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1491624' date='Aug 22 2008, 22.42']Yes, talk about unfortunate...

A reminder: nine hours left. Roled players, send in your provisionals. We can't ever get more of those. Everyone, send in your thoughts. Those we can't ever stop laughing at ;)[/quote]

Can you please change the time counter so its counting down again, instead of counting up the way it is now? The other way was better.

Right, so there's about eight hours left.

I'm going to be away for most - probably all - of those eight hours. Sleeping, mostly. I should be sleeping now.

I don't like either of the mini-mobs of the moment. Out of Medusa and Pepper, I'm not keen on either to vote for right now. However, as nobody seems to back my choices - Hard Rock or Helly Kitty - I'll have to put a vote on one of the two with most votes for the moment, as if I miss the rest of the day, which I'm likely to, then I don't know whether people are going to switch or not.

Medusa.

I have found some of Medusa's posts helpful and many of them, not. Her dissections of players are for her benefit but they do add a little to the game. The notion of her going for low posters, coupled with this obvious desire to make many, substantial, posts, was grounds for suspicion earlier; I would find it more so now had she not fielded other suspicions on similar grounds well.

Pepper.

Pepper has made few - if any - substantial posts. I can't get that much of a read on her. She wasn't keen to "cite specifics" when aping top two suspects - I think they were Pirate's also- Tarina and Medusa, the "same rotten fish". I don't like this lack of sound reasoning. Or even ANY reasoning.

Thus, Pepper would be my choice.

But, I don't like the mob on her. On either in fact.

Pepper's mob at the moment is Medusa (top suspect at the moment also - self-serving vote), Hard Rock (one of my top two suspects), Preferably Pink (who, granted, seems almost OK...no real flashes of major suspicion I don't think) and Toujours Couture. Now TC I suspected of fake-symping me earlier. It may be unfounded, but she seemed to be saying things that subtly suggested agreement with me, or deference to my tactics. I may possibly be wrong. But, hell, her post 384, commenting on the Aqua spats - [i]I[/i] was in the process of writing a comment on it myself, then I saw TC had posted one! I know I can't prove that I would've, and, in effect, I'm accusing TC of telepathic fake symping :lol: But, in all seriousness, I've never warmed to TC as trustworthy; though she's not obviously evil to me, I don't trust her.

Medusa's mob is Pepper (surprise, surprise!) Pirate (who Pepper was aping earlier, and I'm not sure of, slightly suspicious, a lot of input about Medusa but not that much else) and Tarina (who is lower on my list)

Thus, both mobs have one very suspicious, one not-really-suspicious, and one (Medusa makes hers two) middling suspicious on them.

However, I feel that I have to give Medusa the small benefit of the doubt, since I'm marginally more trusting of her than of Pepper. I'm still not fussy on that Pepper mob, but I feel I have to join it.

So, [b]Pepper[/b]

*Hopes people will look at the H-name-Barbies soon*

Archived