Concerning Ian McShane

Watermelons1122

The casting of Jaime and Cersei will be pretty difficult I think. In the books they are identical twins, so unless they find identical twins in real life that are willing to do sex scenes together (I just threw up a little) than they'll have to do with 2 people who look similar. That raises the question that if Jaime and Cersei being identical twins will be something that is changed for the HBO adaptation.

As for Ian McShane being in this series at all....well....you can forget about that. He's too well known now and I'm sure he's getting paid a hell of a lot more from the movies he's doing than he would for ASOIAF...sorry all...that would be great, but ain't gonna happen.

[quote]In the books they are identical twins, so unless they find identical twins in real life that are willing to do sex scenes together (I just threw up a little) than they'll have to do with 2 people who look similar. That raises the question that if Jaime and Cersei being identical twins will be something that is changed for the HBO adaptation.[/quote]

They're fraternal twins; a fact necessitated by their different genders. They do resemble each other closely, though, so a combination of resemblance and makeup shouldn't make that too hard.

As for Ian McShane I don't know if Death Race quite propelled him into the stratosphere. I'm sure if there was a part right for him he'd at least entertain the idea, though I don't know that there's a part all that suited as much as there are a wealth of fans who'd love to see him do just about anything.

As I mentioned in one of the stickied threads, let's remember, hair color should be no barrier to picking the right actor/actress for a part. There are these magical things known as "hair dye" and "wigs" and I'm pretty sure Hollywood has heard of them. Tricia Helfer (a common suggestion for Cersei) is not actually the platinum blonde that her primary character in BSG is - they put peroxide in her hair for the first season (until it started falling out, and they then utilized a wig). Her actual hair color is the more sandy blond that the Cylon they found aboard the Pegasus (who had been routinely raped and tortured) sported. If there's a brunette that would make a killer Cersei, or a blonde that would make a wonderful Margaery, by all means, spit their names out.

[quote name='Ser Greguh' post='1587465' date='Nov 13 2008, 00.12']There are these magical things known as "hair dye" and "wigs" and I'm pretty sure Hollywood has heard of them.[/quote]

:lol:

And just in case they haven't heard of them, I just sent Hollywood an email to clue them in.

Archived