Forget Being Hesitant

AidanJames

Cast me.

I'll go back a little and qualify that in a moment.

A Song of Ice and Fire happens to be my favorite literature of all time. It's characters are more fleshed out than 90% of the fiction and even some non-fiction that I've read. It never veers off into good and evil being black and white, and deals with very complex moral questions and interesting situations and political intrigue. It's got it all. I've read the series more than six times over so far and I'm still not tired of it and it still doesn't feel like I've read it before. It's genius... pure and simple. I could literally be a technical adviser for the show I'm so deep into this world.

Now... about the casting thing. Not too much of what I just said qualifies me for a role... apart from the having read it so many times I feel I understand most of the characters motivations.

I also just happen to be someone who has been an actor since I was eleven years old. Do you know me? No. I've been in a lot of stuff yeah, but nothing anyone will have seen. The reasons for that are because I really just will not do a 'good for the career' job if I don't have an interest in a part. So I'm not famous by any means at all.

To be frank I think unknowns should comprise almost the entire cast. We do not need to look at Jon Snow and remember him when he was on general hospital or whatever. They need to be fresh faces. Like me.

Before I ramble too much I'll finish off here...

Why me? I love absolutely every facet of everything to do with this world and would labor to my last breath to help make it come alive in any way possible. Audition me and turn me down if you don't like what I do, but audition me. Four years ago when I finished reading the series for the first time a friend asked me what my dream job would be and my literal reply was this: "I want HBO to adapt a Song of Ice and Fire... and I want to be in it."

This is my dream... all I want is a shot.

[url="http://www.roosterteeth.com/members/profile.php?uid=60414"]http://www.roosterteeth.com/members/profile.php?uid=60414[/url] is my main site online. I'm also at Myspace.com/Kouryuu

I'll be lurking and watching. Thanks for indulging me.

(and yeah... I'm sending this and variations of this post to HBO and anyone involved with the production)

Once B&B have hired a casting director, they've said they'll post instructions on where to send resumes, headshots etc.

Posting interest here is mostly to bring you to the attention of fans, who may or may not suggest you for roles, who's suggestions may or may not get paid attention to by the casting director they haven't yet hired. :) B&B have said that they HAVE looked and found names they may not have considered before in these threads, so go ahead and suggest yourself for a part you think you would be good for in the appropriate thread, because clearly, you, too, are a diehard fan!

Archived