POLL FAQ

Smoldering Hound

POLL FAQ

Q: What is all this POLL and POLL2 stuff meam?
A: POLLs are the original characters who by now have already been cast in the pilot. POLL2s are characters who show up in the rest of Season 1.

Q: Are you going to flake on this set of polls like you did the last set?
A: meh, probably, but I'll most likely get in one good round of votes first.

Q: What's with the group polls? I think xxx should have his own thread!
A: if any one role in the group polls starts getting significant interest, i'll make that new thread with all extisting votes intact.

Q: you idiot, you forgot xxx
A: whoops. send me a pm.

OBSOLETE FAQ, left for reference
Q:WHY ARE YOU RUNNING POLLS WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE OFFICIAL CASTING THREADS?
A:Different threads for different reasons. Official casting threads are to post NEW, AS YET UNSUGGESTED actors/actresses for parts. They have pesky rules about discussion, yet people still feel the need to both discuss and repeat previously suggested choices. In POLL threads, that's the whole point! Discuss! Argue! Flame! The rules for poll threads are only for the benefit of getting a legitimate poll: only vote once. Vote in a list of preferences. Make the difference between a vote preference list and discussion obvious.

Q:HOW DO YOU CHOOSE WHICH CHARACTERS GET POLLS?
A:I put up polls for all the characters that the reports of the leaked script suggest might be in the pilot, and that have more than 1 actor suggested. (ok Illyrio was a joke poll, so sue me).

Q:HOW DO YOU CHOOSE WHICH ACTORS ARE LISTED IN YOUR INITIAL POLLING LIST?
A:Cutting and pasting from the official synopsis thread. If you put an actor not on the list in your vote, be sure to also add it in the OFFICIAL casting suggestion threads.

Q:IS THERE A CUTOFF TIME WHEN THE POLLS CLOSE?
A:Not until the part gets cast. Until then ALL poll: character threads are live. Yup, even the ones on page 4 or 5. Go post your preferences in them, even if there's been a recent recalculation. I recalculate as often as I can. You can even change your vote after you've cast it. Just don't vote twice.

Q:ARE THE PRODUCERS LOOKING AT THE POLLS?
A:Heck if I know. They ARE looking the compiled lists, so if you write in a name in your vote, make sure to add it to the official threads.

Q:I CHANGED MY MIND, CAN I CHANGE MY VOTE?
A:Sure, but the change won't be reflected until the next vote calculation.

Q:CAN I WRITE IN AN ACTOR/ACTRESS NOT ON THE LIST IN MY VOTE?
A:Yes, but please also suggest that actor/actress then in the official suggestion threads.

Q:HOW COME THE ORDER HASN'T CHANGED YET FOR (insert character here)?
A:Because I haven't run the vote yet for them. I check them regularly and run votes as I have time and people still cast or change or modify their votes.

Q: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS INSTANT RUNOFF VOTING YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT
A: [url="http://www.instantrunoff.com/FAQ.php"]Why Instant Runoff Voting is the best thing since sliced bread[/url]

Q: BUT THERE'S MORE THAN ONE WINNER HERE. HOW DOES THAT WORK?
A: Once someone has been determined the board favorite via IRV, that person's name get's eliminated from everyone's vote. Then I run a second instant runoff vote for second place. Rinse and repeat. (err, for non Americans, "rinse and repeat" is the final instruction listed on most shampoo bottles in America, leading to the joke "Why did the computer programmer run out of shampoo? He followed the directions." But as an idiom it means do the same thing over and over until you are done.)

Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF TWO OR MORE PEOPLE ARE TIED FOR LAST DURING A RUNOFF ROUND WHO LOSES?
A: Compare them the previous round. Rinse repeat. If they are tied all the way back sinse voting began, they are all eliminated simultaneously. If there is no one left at that point, then, and ONLY then, are they listed as tied in the results.

Q: CAN I LIST PEOPLE AS TIED IN MY OWN PREFERENCES?
A: Yes, but your vote gets split among all remaining members in your tied list, when it gets to the top of your vote.

Q: CAN I LIST PEOPLE AS TIED IN MY PREFERENCES, BUT WEIGHT HOW I DIVIDE MY VOTE BETWEEN THEM SOME OTHER AMOUNT THAN EQUAL SPLIT?
A: You just want to make my life hard, don't you? But yes. /slap

Q:I DON'T CARE WHO GETS THE JOB, EXCEPT THAT I REALLY DON'T LIKE THESE FEW GUYS. CAN I LIST MY LEAST FAVORITES?
A:Yes, but list them in reverse order, with your least favorite last. Also, clearly mark them as such. Mentions of dislike in commentary won't be considered a vote. Effectively, you tie all names not mentioned in your vote, including future write ins, above your least favorites.

Q:CAN I LIST BOTH MY FAVORITES AND LEAST FAVORITES?
A: Yes, but, once again, please mark each list appropriately. Effectively, everyone who is not on either list has a tied preference in between the two lists.

Q:SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIT... I CAN LIST MY FAVORITES, I CAN HAVE PEOPLE BE TIED, I CAN LIST MY LEAST FAVORITES, WHICH CAN ALSO BE TIED, MY TIES CAN BE WEIGHTED, I CAN LEAVE SOME PEOPLE IN THE LIST OUT OF MY LISTS, AND I CAN ADD PEOPLE WHO WEREN'T MENTIONED ON THE LIST IN MY VOTE?
A:Yes.

Q:COULD YOU GIVE ME AN EXAMPLE OF THAT?
A:
EXAMPLE VOTE LIST:

1)Somedude
2)Someotherdude
3)yetanotherdude
4)moredude alpha 30 (these numbers after your tied choices)
4)moredude beta 30 (don't have to add up to 100)
4)moredude thatilikeslightly better 40 (but it helps)
7)someguy ionlykindalike

Dislike list:
-1)guyidislike
-2)guyidislike more
-3)guyiREALLY DISLIKE
-3)guyiEQUALLY REALLY DISLIKE
-5)HECK NO THISGUY IS HORRIBLE

Q: CAN I VOTE TWICE?
A: No. Only your first properly formatted reply will be honored, and only then if it's in the form of a list, so it can be distinguished from commentary. But you can list your entire preference list in your vote.

Q:ALL THESE CHOICES SUCK, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?
A:Clearly we are. You should a)list how badly they suck, from least sucky to most sucky. b)write in someone you think would be good, and suggest him/her in the official threads. This, actually, is the primary benefit of doing polls, to show people who have definite Ideas of what they want in a character to focus their casting efforts on those characters whose suggestions least meet their ideas. Err, that means you if this was your question.

Q:AW MAN, WHY ALL THE COMPLICATION? WHY DON'T YOU DO IT LIKE (insert prefered voting method here)?
A:Most of the complication is in the special cases. All you really have to do is list your preferences in order. Heck all you really have to do is put down one name as if it's a basic vote. Just like word processors, though, some people like the additional bells and whistles. All methods have their own issues. Suffice to say, Math and econ geeks like IRL, and I'm a math/econ geek.

Q: HEY, NO FAIR, YOU ARE COMMENTING ALL THE TIME AND YOU TELL US TO ONLY MAKE ONE REPLY. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?
A: Err, it says one VOTE reply. Which you should edit should your VOTE change. Feel free to make as many commentary replies as you want. Healthy debate as to why some actors are good or bad (or more...descriptive...terms) for a role makes for entertaining forums.

Q: ALL THESE POLLS ARE AT LEAST XXX OUT OF DATE, WHY SHOULD I BOTHER VOTING?
A: Even a single vote for someone not in the top 2 or three choices can drastically affect their placement on the list in the next calculation, even if that name is added to the bottom of your preference list (this is because most people only vote their top 5 rather than a top and bottom list...). New people get suggested all the time. Check your old votes and see if you still feel the same way. Someone may have just slandered your top pick! Clearly you should defend it! Don't like some of the choices? Put them in your dislike list, and then everyone you don't mention, including new write ins, will be tied on your vote list above them!

Couple procedural questions:

In cases where the original Official Casting Thread post has information other than name & IMDB page, could we have a link back to it? Some people put up YouTube videos, particular performances, or other information on why they like the actor, and it'd be nice if we didn't have to track that down.

[quote name='Smoldering Hound' post='1631008' date='Dec 26 2008, 19.58']Q: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS INSTANT RUNOFF VOTING YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT
A: [url="http://www.instantrunoff.com/FAQ.php"]Why Instant Runoff Voting is the best thing since sliced bread[/url]

Q: BUT THERE'S MORE THAN ONE WINNER HERE. HOW DOES THAT WORK?
A: Once someone has been determined the board favorite, that person's name get's eliminated from everyone's vote. Then I run a second instant runoff vote for second place. Rinse and repeat. (err, for non Americans, "rinse and repeat" is the final instruction listed on most shampoo bottles in America, leading to the joke "Why did the computer programmer run out of shampoo? He followed the directions." But as an idiom it means do the same thing over and over until you are done.)[/quote]

The description in the link doesn't match the answer to the second question. InstantRunoff.com describes the process as "eliminate the person with the [i]least[/i] votes, then distribute their ballots among the remaining candidates", for a minimally pessimal solution (pisses off the fewest people). Your answer describes it as "include the person with the [i]most[/i] votes, then distribute their ballots over their second choices", for a maximally optimal solution (pleases the most people). I assume you're using the second method? It probably makes more sense, given that the goal is giving the producers a list of fan favorites, but it's not how IRV usually works.

Curiously, the two methods can have pretty different results. For example, if you used the minimally pessimal method on the Sansa thread, AnnaSophia Robb would drop below Miley Cyrus and Juliette Goglia, almost to the bottom of the rankings, because everyone who voted for AnnaSophia put Daveigh Chase and Rachel Hurd-Wood ahead of her, and those two actresses aren't eliminated until last.

Also - I don't suppose we could have an explanation of the tallies? I've tried to figure out what all the numbers mean when you post the various calculations, but can't seem to match them up to anything sensible.

Please feel free to post additional links for actors you champion in your vote. It's a bit much for one person to track down every extra picture that's been posted for an actor. I'll be happy to post on the top link anything that gets reposted in the poll threads.

About IRV:

Two different processes here.

Process one: who wins? Determined by IRV. It should read "once a board favorite is determined[b] by IRV[/b],..." (fixed now)
Process two: How do we figure out who's second, third, fourth? Remove previous winner, then determine once again by IRV. Do this recursively.

The second question is about the outer process, not the inner individual voting process.

For first place, for example, if the vote went:

Hmm. tell ya what, I'll just post each round of the next ballot I run...

Tallies are WHAT PLACE THIS VOTE IS FOR-NUMBER OF VOTES THIS ROUND-NUMBER OF ROUNDS IT'S BEEN THIS MANY VOTES

So 1L 1-3-2 1-2 means in the vote for first place, this actor got two votes round one, 3 votes round 2 and 3, and was eliminated in round 4.

Step 1, List all the possible choices, then everyone's preference List.

RAW ROBERT
[font="Courier New"]
Gordon Kennedy......
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Angus MacFayden.....
Brenden Gleeson.....
Poul Johansson......
Oliver Platt........
Rory McCann needs...
Ray Winstone........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Abraham Benrubi.....
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
John Rhys-Davies....
Brian Blessed.......
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..
Ray Stevenson.......
[/font]
VOTES:

Gordon Kennedy Little John from BBC Robin Hood
James Gandolfini Hook the Soprano audience with Tony, catch them with the plot.
Gerard Butler King "This is Sparta" Leonidas
Angus MacFayden Hero of Saw
Brenden Gleeson Ken from "In Bruges" also Alistair "Mad eye" Moody from Harry Potter
Poul Johansson needs a fat suit
Oliver Platt Character actor..from all over the place.
Rory McCann needs a fat suit Crateros from Alexander
Ray Winstone
Thomas Fitzpatrick
Abraham Benrubi Big tall nurse (?) from ER. but I remember him from Parker Lewis Can't lose
Robert Coltrane 58 Hagrid from Harry Potter
Nick Brimble Little John from 1991 Robin Hood....Sigh...a bit old
John Rhys-Davies 62 Wouldhabeen perfect...but just too old
Brian Blessed 71 If jrd is old, then brian is ancient....;/
Ian McShane Al Swearington?
Rupert Everett
Seth Rogan
Phillip Glennister

Angus MacFayden

Angus Macfadyen
Gerard Butler
Abraham Benrubi

Rory McCann

John Rhys-Davies
Seth Rogan

Brian Blessed
Angus MacFayden

John Rhys-Davies
Brenden Gleeson
Poul Johansson

Rory McCann
Angus McFadyen

Brian Blessed
John Rhys-Davies

Abraham Benrubi
Gordon Kennedy
Rory McCann
Paul Johanssen
Brian Blessed

Brian Blessed
John Rhys-Davies

Ray Stevenson (write-in) Titus Pullo = Young Robert. With some extra weight, you get King Robert.
Angus Macfadyen
Thomas Fitzpatrick
Phillip Glenister
Abraham Benrubi
Rory McCann
Paul Johansson

Ray Winstone
Paul Johansson

John rhys-davies
Ray winstone

Brendan Gleeson

Poul Johansson
Rory McCann
Angus MacFayden
Abraham Benrubi

Rory McCann By far the best !

Rory McCann + 65lbs = Robert
Angus Macfadyen takes second
Ray Winstone is not bad, either

[font="Courier New"]Step 2, Count up top votes.

Gordon Kennedy......1-1
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Angus MacFayden.....1-2
Brenden Gleeson.....1-1
Poul Johansson......1-1
Oliver Platt........
Rory McCann.........1-4 (Vote for first, four votes, round 1)
Ray Winstone........1-1
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Abraham Benrubi.....1-1
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
John Rhys-Davies....1-3
Brian Blessed.......1-3
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..
Ray Stevenson.......1-1[/font]

[font="Courier New"]Step 3, Eliminate lowest man, or all who are completely tied, and run the vote with those remaining. In this case, it's Rory, John, Brian and Angus.

Rory McCann......... 1-6 1-4[/font][font="Courier New"] (round 1, 4 votes; round 2, 6 votes)
Angus MacFayden..... 1-4 1-2[/font]
[font="Courier New"]John Rhys-Davies.... 1-3-2 (round 1 and 2, 3 votes)
Brian Blessed....... 1-3-2
Gordon Kennedy......1-L 1-1 (Here and down are dead tied for last, so all are eliminated simultaneously this round)
Brenden Gleeson.....1-L 1-1 - (notes to myself that this vote doesn't have any secondary votes)
Poul Johansson......1-L 1-1
Abraham Benrubi.....1-L 1-1
Ray Winstone........1-L 1-1 (pj -) (Also make these notes when the list is short)
Ray Stevenson.......1-L 1-1
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..[/font]

[font="Courier New"]Step 4 eliminate next set of tied losers, run vote with only remaining choices left.

Rory McCann......... 1-6-2 1-4 (round 1, 4 votes; Round 2 and 3, 6 votes)
Angus MacFayden..... 1-5 1-4 1-2 (round 1, 2 votes; Round 2, 4 votes; round 3, 5 votes)
John Rhys-Davies....1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -) (tied for loss with bb)
Brian Blessed.......1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
Gordon Kennedy......1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....1-L 1-1 -
Ray Winstone........1-L 1-1 (pj -)
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........

Step 5 declare a winner
[font="Courier New"]

Rory McCann.........1-W 1-6-2 1-4

Angus MacFayden.....1-L 1-5 1-4 1-2
John Rhys-Davies....1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Brian Blessed.......1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
Gordon Kennedy......1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....1-L 1-1 -
Ray Winstone........1-L 1-1 (pj -)
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........

VOTES:1-18 (18 votes round 1)

Step 6, Remove the winner from all the votes

Gordon Kennedy Little John from BBC Robin Hood
James Gandolfini Hook the Soprano audience with Tony, catch them with the plot.
Gerard Butler King "This is Sparta" Leonidas
Angus MacFayden Hero of Saw
Brenden Gleeson Ken from "In Bruges" also Alistair "Mad eye" Moody from Harry Potter
Poul Johansson needs a fat suit
Oliver Platt Character actor..from all over the place.
Ray Winstone
Thomas Fitzpatrick
Abraham Benrubi Big tall nurse (?) from ER. but I remember him from Parker Lewis Can't lose
Robert Coltrane 58 Hagrid from Harry Potter
Nick Brimble Little John from 1991 Robin Hood....Sigh...a bit old
John Rhys-Davies 62 Wouldhabeen perfect...but just too old
Brian Blessed 71 If jrd is old, then brian is ancient....;/
Ian McShane Al Swearington?
Rupert Everett
Seth Rogan
Phillip Glennister

Angus MacFayden

Angus Macfadyen
Gerard Butler
Abraham Benrubi

John Rhys-Davies
Seth Rogan

Brian Blessed
Angus MacFayden

John Rhys-Davies
Brenden Gleeson
Poul Johansson

Angus McFadyen

Brian Blessed
John Rhys-Davies

Abraham Benrubi
Gordon Kennedy
Paul Johanssen
Brian Blessed

Brian Blessed
John Rhys-Davies

Ray Stevenson (write-in) Titus Pullo = Young Robert. With some extra weight, you get King Robert.
Angus Macfadyen
Thomas Fitzpatrick
Phillip Glenister
Abraham Benrubi
Paul Johansson

Ray Winstone
Paul Johansson

John rhys-davies
Ray winstone

Brendan Gleeson

Poul Johansson
Angus MacFayden
Abraham Benrubi

Angus Macfadyen takes second
Ray Winstone is not bad, either

Step 7 Run a new vote for second place.

[font="Courier New"]Rory McCann.........1-W 1-6-2 1-4

Angus MacFayden.....2-4 1-L 1-5 1-4 1-2
John Rhys-Davies....2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Brian Blessed.......2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
Gordon Kennedy......2-1 1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson......2-1 1-L 1-1
Abraham Benrubi.....2-1 1-L 1-1
Ray Winstone........2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -)
Ray Stevenson.......2-1 1-L 1-1
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

VOTES:2-16 1-18[/font] (16 votes for the second vote, 18 for the first vote)

[font="Courier New"]Step 8, run round 2 of vote 2.

Angus MacFayden..... 2-7 2-4 1-L 1-5 1-4 1-2 (4 votes, then 7 votes)
Brian Blessed....... 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -) (3 votes, then 4 votes)
John Rhys-Davies.... 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -) (round 1 and 2, 3 votes)
Gordon Kennedy......2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson......2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Abraham Benrubi.....2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Ray Winstone........2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -)
Ray Stevenson.......2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

VOTES:2-16 1-18[/font]

[font="Courier New"]Step 9 declare a winner and remove him from the votes.

Angus MacFayden.....2-W 2-7 2-4 1-L 1-5 1-4 1-2 (4 votes, then 7 votes)

Brian Blessed.......2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -) (lost in round 3 rather than 4 because jrd didn't change any votes)
John Rhys-Davies....2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -) (round 3 loss, but no added votes for bb or am)
Gordon Kennedy......2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson......2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Abraham Benrubi.....2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Ray Winstone........2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -)
Ray Stevenson.......2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
James Gandolfini....
Gerard Butler.......
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

VOTES:2-16 1-18[/font]

[font="Courier New"]Step 10 Vote 3 starts.

Angus MacFayden.....2-W 2-7 2-4 1-L 1-5 1-4 1-2

Brian Blessed.......3-3 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies....3-3 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Ray Winstone........3-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -)
Gordon Kennedy......3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson......3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Abraham Benrubi.....3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Ray Stevenson.......3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Gerard Butler.......3-1
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

VOTES:3-14 2-16 1-18[/font]

[font="Courier New"]Step 11 vote 3 round 2

Angus MacFayden.....2-W 2-7 2-4 1-L 1-5 1-4 1-2 (4 votes, then 7 votes)

Brian Blessed....... 3-3-2 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -) (3 votes, then 4 votes)
John Rhys-Davies.... 3-3-2 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -) (round 1 and 2, 3 votes)
Ray Winstone........ 3-2-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -)
Abraham Benrubi..... 3-2 3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (The added vote bumps it up to the bottom of the 2's
Gordon Kennedy...... 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson..... 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson...... 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Ray Stevenson....... 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (Vote 3-one vote-2 rounds)
Gerard Butler.......3-L 3-1 (loses the tie of the ones because of lack of history)
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

Vote 3 round 3

[font="Courier New"]Rory McCann.........1-W 1-6-2 1-4

Abraham Benrubi..... 3-4 3-2 3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brian Blessed....... 3-3-3 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies.... 3-3-3 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Ray Winstone........ 3-3 3-2-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -)
Gordon Kennedy......3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brenden Gleeson.....3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson......3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Ray Stevenson.......3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Gerard Butler.......3-L 3-1
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

[font="Courier New"]Vote 3 round 4

Abraham Benrubi..... 3-5 3-4 3-2 3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brian Blessed....... 3-3-4 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies.... 3-3-4 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Ray Winstone........3-L 3-3 3-2-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -) (-)
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

[font="Courier New"]Vote 3 Round 5

Abraham Benrubi..... 3-5-2 3-4 3-2 3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1
Brian Blessed....... 3-3-5 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies....3-L 3-3-4 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

[font="Courier New"]And we have a winner for 3rd place. Remove his name from the votes, and rinse repeat for the rest of the places.

Abraham Benrubi.....3-W 3-5-2 3-4 3-2 3-1 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1

Brian Blessed.......3-L 3-3-5 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies....3-L 3-3-4 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

[font="Courier New"]Vote 4 Round 2

Brian Blessed....... 4-4 4-3 3-L 3-3-5 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies.... 4-3-2 3-L 3-3-4 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Ray Winstone........ 4-3 4-2 3-L 3-3 3-2-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -) (-)
Gordon Kennedy......4-L 4-2 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj bb -) (...) (no votes below turn into votes here or above)
Brenden Gleeson.....4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 - (this guy and the two below all tied, would have lost in round 3)
Poul Johansson......4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 - (but lose in round 2 because gb doesn't add votes to anyone)
Ray Stevenson.......4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (tf pg pj -) (no votes below turn into votes here or above)
Gerard Butler.......4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1 - (round 2 loss, but adds no votes to anyone higher)
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

VOTES:4-14 3-14 2-16 1-18[/font]

[font="Courier New"]Vote 4 round 3

Brian Blessed....... 4-4-2 4-3 3-L 3-3-5 2-L 2-4 2-3 1-L 1-3-2 (am -) (jrd -) (jrd -)
John Rhys-Davies.... 4-4 4-3-2 3-L 3-3-4 2-L 2-3-2 1-L 1-3-2 (sr -) (bg pj -) (rw -)
Ray Winstone........4-L 4-3 4-2 3-L 3-3 3-2-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj -) (-)
Gordon Kennedy......4-L 4-2 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (pj bb -) (...)
Brenden Gleeson.....4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Poul Johansson......4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 -
Ray Stevenson.......4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1-2 2-L 2-1 1-L 1-1 (tf pg pj -)
Gerard Butler.......4-L 4-1 3-L 3-1 -
James Gandolfini....
Oliver Platt........
Thomas Fitzpatrick..
Robert Coltrane.....
Nick Brimble........
Ian McShane.........
Rupert Everett......
Seth Rogan..........
Phillip Glennister..

VOTES:4-14 3-14 2-16 1-18[/font]

Archived