AGOT Mafia 62

House Targaryen

Hi, i'm back.
Toynes name out of a hat pressure vote seemed rather odd to me, voting for no reason strikes me that it wouldn't move the game anywhere, like he says. However, looking at it, it has started serious discussion, so I can see where he is coming from, since it kinda has moved the game forward.

Pryors jump onto his train seemed rather unexplained. He said over defensive, when it seemed to me he was just explaining where he was coming from, so seemed to me like he was just jumping on an easy looking case.

Think i'll:

[b]Vote Pryor[/b]

Cause i'd like a bit of a better explanation about what he finds scummy about Toyne.

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694868' date='Feb 21 2009, 08.53']Pryors jump onto his train seemed rather unexplained. He said over defensive, when it seemed to me he was just explaining where he was coming from, so seemed to me like he was just jumping on an easy looking case.[/quote]Aren't you doing exactly same thing you accuse me of?
[quote]Cause i'd like a bit of a better explanation about what he finds scummy about Toyne.[/quote]I dislike his reactions, what to add? Explaining he didn't want a random lynch wan't really needful at that point. Especially if he hadn't felt being pressured by Estren, as he said later.

[quote name='House Estren' post='1694753' date='Feb 21 2009, 08.44']But you're more likely to be able to work towards a lynch if you have a case on someone that leads to a train, rather than randomly deciding who gets killed on day 1.

Applying pressure arbitrarily is just weird. I mean, what pressure is there if someone randomly votes you from something? But if I vote for you and substantiate, then you have to respond to my substantiation.

You can just laugh off a vote that has no substance at this stage.[/quote]

But you can only move beyond the RP stage by applying arbitrary pressure, and you can only create arbitrary pressure by being willing to lynch on unsubstantiated cases (or at least appearing to be willing). A detailed argument against the first attempt to move on (when it is the [i]only[/i] way to move on) seems counterproductive.

For slowing the game down further, vote [b]Estren[/b].

[quote name='House Pryor' post='1694894' date='Feb 21 2009, 10.42']Aren't you doing exactly same thing you accuse me of?
I dislike his reactions, what to add? Explaining he didn't want a random lynch wan't really needful at that point. Especially if he hadn't felt being pressured by Estren, as he said later.[/quote]
You could add what, specifically, you dislike about his reactions, give examples etc.

All you really said was over-defensive. I didn't really think it was.
And I believe I explained my reasons for voting you fairly well.

I am voting you because I do not think you explained your vote well, which made it seem to me you were just jumping on an easy train.

Just because you are not feeling pressured, isn't really a reason not to explain what you're doing, imo.

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694907' date='Feb 21 2009, 10.02']Essentially you're saying you didn't see any reason for him to explain himself?[/quote]Yes. Usually you don't need to explain obvious things, unless you are sure you opponent doesn't understand them. And I sincerely think Toyne's first post was obvious enough. In fact, if he won't make that second post, I'd probably defend him against Estren.
[quote]And I believe I explained my reasons for voting you fairly well.[/quote]You just repeated points made by other players earlier, without adding anything of your own. I don't think it's better approach than explaining some new matter badly.
And at the moment when you did this, I definitely looked more easy target than Toyne when I voted him.

It's nice to see [i]something[/i] happened while I was asleep. Too bad it was a pissy little slap-fight.

Toyne's vote for Hollard and subsequent defense of said vote comes across as genuine to me.

I wasn't bothered by Pryor's vote. While I don't agree with Pryor, we as a community typically accept overdefensiveness as a reason to vote on day one, so I don't see the need for much more explaination than that.

Of the active players, I am most bothered by Estren's dogged attack on Toyne. We get it, you think he looks scummy. Your overzealous attack makes you look bloodthirsty.

My biggest worry is [b]Redwyne[/b]. We simply cannot afford modkills in a game this small.

[quote name='House Leygood' post='1694923' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.31']My biggest worry is [b]Redwyne[/b]. We simply cannot afford modkills in a game this small.[/quote]
Wait, please explain this.
We cannot afford modkill, but that doesn't mean its better to lynch surely, as that gives the scum an extra night on someone who would be modkilled anyway?

It is day 1.

10 players remain: Broom, Condon, Darklyn, Estren, Hollard, Leygood, Pryor, Redwyne, Sparr, Toyne.

6 votes are needed for a conviction or 5 to go to night.

2 votes for Toyne ( Estren, Pryor)
2 votes for Hollard ( Sparr, Toyne)
2 votes for Pryor (Condon, Hollard)
1 vote for Estren (Broom)
1 vote for Broom ( Darklyn)
1 vote for Redwyne (Leygood)

1 player have not voted: Redwyne.

A bit more than 8 hours remaining...

Week-Dragon

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694925' date='Feb 21 2009, 16.33']Wait, please explain this.
We cannot afford modkill, but that doesn't mean its better to lynch surely, as that gives the scum an extra night on someone who would be modkilled anyway?[/quote]
If we lynch some active inno,
then Redwyne gets modkilled (and he is inno),
then the FM night kill...

the result is 3 dead at the end of day one instead of 2.

Right now we are 8/2 (I am assuming.)
2 dead means 6/2 and 3 dead means 5/2 (worst case scenario presented) for day 2.

If the even-odd rule says it doesn't matter (6/2 or 5/2), please explain it to me. I have never really understood the even-odd rule.

[quote name='House Leygood' post='1694935' date='Feb 21 2009, 11.50']If we lynch some active inno,
then Redwyne gets modkilled (and he is inno),
then the FM night kill...

the result is 3 dead at the end of day one instead of 2.

Right now we are 8/2 (I am assuming.)
2 dead means 6/2 and 3 dead means 5/2 (worst case scenario presented) for day 2.

If the even-odd rule says it doesn't matter (6/2 or 5/2), please explain it to me. I have never really understood the even-odd rule.[/quote]
If the even-odd rule is what I think, then it doesn't matter.

6/2 or 5/2, it doesn't matter, because either way, 2 wrong lynch and we fail.

6/2, lynch=5/2, kill=4/2, lynch=3/2, kill=2/2.

5/2, lynch=4/2, kill=3/2, lynch=3/2.

Either way, we get 2 lynches wrong, so WCS, I don't think it matters.

Could be wrong though.

Thanks for explaining though.

[quote name='House Hollard' post='1694925' date='Feb 21 2009, 10.33']Wait, please explain this.
We cannot afford modkill, but that doesn't mean its better to lynch surely, as that gives the scum an extra night on someone who would be modkilled anyway?[/quote]Does this mean you don't plan to answer my last post? Too bad.
It somewhat proves you chose me as likely easy target but retired after I've demonstrated some ability to argue.
[b]Hollard.[/b] I am still suspicious of Toyne, but you start looking more suspicious.

As for Redwine, mods did prolong the day length, but they didn't prolong modkill time. So, he will be dead 4 hourse before end of day. If we want to lynch him (which has some merit), we have to do it fast. Do we want to sacrifice 4 hours of the day to lynch a probable modkill? For me, there is no real difference, since I have to leave before even modkill time. You all, think.

Archived