Music

tsantsa

I introduced myself in the General forum for the series and made some general observations/questions. One of my observations was music to be used for the HBO series. One of the responses said I should come here and post that particular bit.

I heard this album called Rook from a band or guy called Shearwater. From my thread:

"#1 only because I just heard this album just after reading ASoS. For the HBO series they really should incorporate an album called Rook from a band or guy named Shearwater. I won't link to the site because I don't know the rules here for such a thing. But the 1st 3 songs fit the series wonderfully, moreso they fit AGoT. The first song called "On the Death of the Waters" matches the events leading up to Brans 'fall.'
The next called 'Rooks' fits as a general piece.
But the best fit in title and content is a song call 'Leviathan, Bound.' Think Eddard Stark here. As I hear the song, I can nearly see the part where Eddard is placed in front of the crowd at the Sept. I can see the action going about with Arya sneaking through the crowd, Sansa trying to hold herself together and Joff's pretentiousness seething. At the climax of the song (which has great honesty in the singers voice, helping to lend credence here), Paynes sword flashes, Sansa's reaction and Yoren grabbing hold of Arya...as it fades to the end of the song - "Look at me, BOY. Look AT ME." Again, I won't link it but there are sample of the second and third songs on the site. Hell, even if it doesn't end up on the HBO, maybe some members here can give it a listen and tell me if they think it matches the books to their own ears?"

Can/should I link the musicians homepage that has 2 samples of this album? Unfortunately it doesn't have a sample of "On the Death of the Waters" which is a TERRIFIC fit for Bran's 'fall.'

If some members would be kind enough to aquire the album and have AGoT in mind when listening to at least the first 3 songs. The rest of the album is only so-so with a couple gems towards the end, but a worthwhile accompaniment to the series. And hopefully someone from HBO gives it a listen a decides the same thing!

EDIT: oops, in my haste I think I put this in the wrong area...Not a casting choice probably belongs somewhere else...

Archived