Mafia Game 64

House Targaryen

I have a bad feeling about Bulwer, but I could be wrong. I want to let him know, because I'm sure he's going to participate more tomorrow (=not that fixated on one player), now that he knows that Sixbells is after him.

So if you're suspicious of a player, all they have to do to avoid pressure from you is to leave for the day and remove their vote? Seems odd to me.

And obviously you could be wrong, you could be wrong about anybody. That's just weasel talk.

Today I am looking for those who had an easy time so far. I chose you because in my memory you're a friendly, harmless lad. And that ain't no good, Threedogs.

Sorry. I'll try to be less friendly.

Swyft, Swann rung my bell when he cast suspicion on people who were fooled by the Belmore reveal. He was saying they would fear a finder reveal most so would panic ... or something like that.

Ok, I was just curious why him out of a wide group of quiet folks.

Uh. Do you mean Harclay here? My tiny paragraph on Bulwer didn't include any interactions with Swyft...but my discussion of Harclay did.

No, I meant Bulwer, I thought you were talking about him all the time.

That said, your analysis of Harclay applies more to Bulwer IMO. Harclay has been hitting Swyft hard, but he seemed to be seriously interested in what Swyft said. Bulwer was more kind of "I don't care what you say, as long as you're lynched". Not very helpful, like I said.

I'm going to be off to bed soon, and not back before nightfall, so I don't have the time for a full analysis of what's happened since Bell's "reveal", but I'll do that tomorrow. (provided I survive)

I just had a quick look through Mallister and Drox. The only thing I can say against Droc so far is that he seemed to buy the reveal for a while. Which probably is more a case of not paying attention than being evil.

Mallister on the other hand has a handful of posts saying basically nothing and then votes Drox on a misunderstanding of the former's posts. As I'm not going to be around for night and could live with that lynch, I vote Mallister

Belmore, who are you suspicious of? Your contribution has waned since your 'reveal'.

That tells us something, given the fact that I contributed barely nothing before my reveal! :P

I already mentioned that I am concentrating on those who had a free pass and/or contributed (almost) nothing. Plus Bulwer.

Right now my top suspects are:

Clegane, Toyne, Sarsfield, Mallister, Bulwer

I'm going to be away for a few hours, hopefully will be back by day's end but not definite.

It looks possible that I may get lynched while away.

I can't really defend myself against the MOR charge. I still maintain that I don't think I was being MOR, but I guess that in itself can be indefensible.

I also maintain that Drox is suspicious.

If I have to defend against this sort of thing:

I seem to have cross-posted with Toyne about Mallister.

But I'd tend to agree that the case on Drox seems to be trying to 'make' a case. There are basically no proper arguments in there. And it seemed to be reactionary to receiving pressure. Don't like it at all.

then I basically can't!

Making cases is what is necessary early on! I don't agree that it was a diversionary case. It wasn't I was trying to have more input into the game as I'm aware I haven't made a great impact. Moreover, it was a sincere case. Even if the 'paranoia' thing was my mistake, Drox is still being MOR themselves whilst appearing more helpful than they are.

And how are you supposed to respond to pressure? By reacting, surely!

If I am lynched by my return, well obviously I won't be happy! I don't know if the innocents would lose by lynching one of their number (me!) but it won't help your cause, guys.

So if you're suspicious of a player, all they have to do to avoid pressure from you is to leave for the day and remove their vote? Seems odd to me.

And obviously you could be wrong, you could be wrong about anybody. That's just weasel talk.

He didn't even know that I was suspicious of him. So your point isn't valid.

Sorry. I'll try to be less friendly.

That's the Clegane we all remember! :pirate:

Oh I would like to hear from Swann what he thinks of Bulwer. :wideeyed:

If I am lynched by my return, well obviously I won't be happy! I don't know if the innocents would lose by lynching one of their number (me!) but it won't help your cause, guys.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey guys! I'm innocent, it's bad to lynch me! Honest!

So, yeah. Basically you guys have all pointed out Mallister's flaws far better than I possibly can. It's also nice to have external verification taht his "case" on me was utter tripe, especially the whole "slip" thing where I was actually using the other guys wording to make a point, something which an innocent case builder rather than a guilty "lets dig for false clues to frame someone" would hopefully spot. :P

He didn't even know that I was suspicious of him. So your point isn't valid.

Then you refuse to vote for people who have left for the day before you post that you suspect them? Again, it seems odd to me. I don't see why this is much better.

The frustrating thing is, I agree with you that Bulwer looks bad. Bulwer is the 4th to jump on Swyft, then says he'll remove if Swyft is friends with Belmore, then Swyft says they're friends in a jokey way so Bulwer removes vote without clarification from Swyft. It all looks a bit odd to me.

But I still see no good reason why you've voted for me despite suspecting him.

Swann is catching up, so I expect we'll hear from him soon. In the meantime, mind answering my question? If Clegane is actually your top suspect, why? Is your list purely 'pressure votes' or are there actual suspicions there. If they are pressure votes, who outside of that list is your top suspect?

It is day 1.

17 players remain: Ashemark, Belmore, Bracken, Bulwer, Cerwyn, Clegane, Drox, Grandison, Harclay, Mallister, Penrose, Sarsfield, Swann, Swyft, Toyne, Vyrwel, Wythers.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 9 to go to night.

4 votes for Mallister (Clegane, Swyft, Toyne, Cerwyn)

2 votes for Drox (Mallister, Wythers)

2 votes for Swyft (Vyrwel, Harclay)

1 vote for Belmore (Bracken)

1 vote for Clegane (Belmore)

1 vote for Vyrwel (Penrose)

6 players have not voted: Ashemark, Bulwer, Drox, Grandison, Sarsfield, Swann.

Adding Bracken and Drox's votes:

6 votes for Mallister (Clegane, Swyft, Toyne, Cerwyn, Bracken, Drox)

2 votes for Drox (Mallister, Wythers)

2 votes for Swyft (Vyrwel, Harclay)

1 vote for Clegane (Belmore)

1 vote for Vyrwel (Penrose)

I am back. Bloody awkward times that this game is hosted. Wasn't around for the start of the day, won't be around for the end...

Okay, now I'm going to take a look at a few other people. Mallister for one, a lot of suspicion on him, some people are looking at Drox...so I'll start with them.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey guys! I'm innocent, it's bad to lynch me! Honest!

So, yeah. Basically you guys have all pointed out Mallister's flaws far better than I possibly can. It's also nice to have external verification taht his "case" on me was utter tripe, especially the whole "slip" thing where I was actually using the other guys wording to make a point, something which an innocent case builder rather than a guilty "lets dig for false clues to frame someone" would hopefully spot. :P

Remove vote from Mallister for right now. This is going too easily, I'm a bit busy at the moment but I'll try and do a vote count soon if nobody else has.

eta-Thanks Toyne

The frustrating thing is, I agree with you that Bulwer looks bad. Bulwer is the 4th to jump on Swyft, then says he'll remove if Swyft is friends with Belmore, then Swyft says they're friends in a jokey way so Bulwer removes vote without clarification from Swyft. It all looks a bit odd to me.

But I still see no good reason why you've voted for me despite suspecting him.

I hadn't really thought about it that way. You might have point there against Bulwer.

Archived